Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why call him a God?

Mello_

3 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

And if God exists, who created the Universe?  If we buy a new car and it breaks down all the time we don't blame the car, we logically blame who created/manufactured it.  

Epicurus' quote works no matter what good and evil specifically are, unless we take the position there is no evil here at all which is counter to what the Bible teaches.  If there is evil here, no matter what specifically counts as evil, then Epicurus' observation is valid concerning God's relationship to it.

But Bible exactly teach that. There is no evil.

1 minute ago, Mello_ said:

No thats Gnosticism which is highly interesting.

No, Gnosticism believes the OT god Yahweh is evil.  Christianity doesn't.  However Christian doctrine states Satan is the god of this world.

12 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

God in the Abrahamic religions.  All gods are "fake news".

That's the problem. Once fake news became established, it's hard to know what's true.

Perhaps the greatest tragedy of all is that so many have fallen into believing that it's ALL fake news.

So what's actually true?

Just now, Rlyeh said:

Crosses?  What?

As a Christian I never held these beliefs, in fact the Bible states evil exists and humans are inherently wicked.

You know all your burden dont come from God. But from own sins and not believing. For example if you are party all day 24/7. If your nights last 3 days. You will probably suffer. Your body will suffer. What God has to do with it? Nothing it was you who ruined your life by own free will. He gave you right way. He is always here. It is you who have to knock on his door.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

You know all your burden dont come from God. But from own sins and not believing. For example if you are party all day 24/7. If your nights last 3 days. You will probably suffer. Your body will suffer. What God has to do with it? Nothing it was you who ruined your life by own free will. He gave you right way. He is always here. It is you who have to knock on his door.

No point in believing in god when it has always been up to us. Faith in god is a sign of personal weakness and insecurity. Scapegoating god is also shrugging off self responsibility. Forget god and own your life. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mello_ said:

You're forgetting original sin that God punished all humanity for.  If I punish you for something you didn't do, are you to blame?

He is said to follow his words. But peeps do what they want to do. He said not to lie. Yet peeps lie everyday. He said do not kill. Choose life. Yet we kill. He said do not steel. Yet we become Ferengi. He said do not name my name as nibody bussiness yet we using and redicule it with it. He said to rest one day we work 3 jobs. He said to respect eldery mother father yet we dont speak with them disrespect them. He said not to be jealous yet we are. He said that we dont even think about others peeps wife yet we swing. He said to love others. Yet we hate.

As one Buddhist said: I dont havemproblem with Jesus. I have problems with so called Cheisthians who dont follow his words!

Edited by Mello_
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

That's the problem. Once fake news became established, it's hard to know what's true.

Perhaps the greatest tragedy of all is that so many have fallen into believing that it's ALL fake news.

So what's actually true?

Especially when you get your information from a book who people credit aliens.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

You're forgetting original sin that God punished all humanity for.  If I punish you for something you didn't do, are you to blame?

Original sin of human kind is that we become too smart. And become corrupted. Before we didnt even know we are naked.

Edited by Mello_

Just now, Mello_ said:

He is said to follow his words. But peeps do what they want to do. He said not to lie. Yet peeps lie everyday. He said do not kill. Choose life. Yet we kill. He said do not steel. Yet we become Ferengi. He said do not name my name as nibody bussiness yet we using and redicule it with it. He said to rest one day we work 3 jobs. He said to respect eldery mother father yet we dont speak with them disrespect them. He said not to be jealous yet we are. He said that we dont even think about others peeps wife yet we swing. He said to love others. Yet we hate.

God can't follow his own rules, he lies, he kills, but.. but.. he's good!!

• Like 1

But Bible exactly teach that. There is no evil.

Where?  On earth?  Isn't sin evil?  I believe the Bible states flat out that God created evil.

And god knocked up a virgin. Vaporized a village, flooded the earth, set plagues upon Egypt. Made a bet with the devil. Gave a man who was in severe need of anger management super human strength and mad skills with a jaw bone. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mello_ said:

Original sin of human kind is that we become too smart.

Intelligence is a sin? When?

Original sin was Adam and Eve disobeying God.  Holding their children accountable is not forgiveness.  

14 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

No, Gnosticism believes the OT god Yahweh is evil.  Christianity doesn't.  However Christian doctrine states Satan is the god of this world.

Yes Yahwe is evil god and Manud(?) good one. Yes those gnostics are little bit as depressed goths. They proposed idea that we all leave this world so evil God will lost. Well...Im not jumping from the bridge. I love my life to death. In Christhianity there is only one force.

Good. Being evil is sign that there is emptiness(*) of goodness. There is no dualism. Dualism is gnosticism.

*dont have right word on english. Sorry it isnt mother language

Edited by Mello_

4 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Where?  On earth?  Isn't sin evil?  I believe the Bible states flat out that God created evil.

I will answer you. Duty calls.

13 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

Yes Yahwe is evil god and Manud(?) good one. Yes those gnostics are little bit as depressed goths. They proposed idea that we all leave this world so evil God will lost. Well...Im not jumping from the bridge. I love my life to death. In Christhianity there is only one force.

Good. Being evil is sign that there is emptiness(*) if goodness.

*dont have right word on english. Sorry it isnt mother language

God created good and evil

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Intelligence is a sin? When?

Original sin was Adam and Eve disobeying God.  Holding their children accountable is not forgiveness.  

Thats my two cents which I concluded after quote I posted here.

Offical story is little different. All else I wrote is Christian stance.

Dualism=gnosticism. Its definition.

In Christianity there is only one God. Good force. You being evil is your emptiness of God. Emptiness of good. Thats Christianity.

And holy Trinity. The biggest mystery in Bible is Holy Ghost. No one can tell you what is it Holy Ghost. Ask 100 priests you will get.many different explaination. But one thing is sure. Its good and its inspiring and so on.

14 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Especially when you get your information from a book who people credit aliens.

How does it serve to belittle everything?

Yes Yahwe is evil god and Manud(?) good one. Yes those gnostics are little bit as depressed goths. They proposed idea that we all leave this world so evil God will lost. Well...Im not jumping from the bridge. I love my life to death.

The NT too states this world will disappear.  In that regard they're not that different from Christians, they've simply made Yahweh the evil one.

In Christhianity there is only one force.

That's Judaism.  Christianity has the good vs evil forces .

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And god knocked up a virgin. Vaporized a village, flooded the earth, set plagues upon Egypt. Made a bet with the devil. Gave a man who was in severe need of anger management super human strength and mad skills with a jaw bone. 

It told you hard core beliefs of true Christhians. We that in mind read Bible. And tou will get more things lighter and clearer. Peeps didnt get Christhianity. So they said it Belzebub. It isnt. Those peeps blamed everyone but no themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

The NT too states this world will disappear.  In that regard they're not that different from Christians, they've simply made Yahweh the evil one.

That's Judaism.  Christianity has the good vs evil forces .

No. Thats Catholicism and Orthdox teachings too. And sure some Protestant belief.

Dualism=gnosticism. Its definition.

In Christianity there is only one God. Good force. You being evil is your emptiness of God. Emptiness of good. Thats Christianity.

And holy Trinity. The biggest mystery in Bible is Holy Ghost. No one can tell you what is it Holy Ghost. Ask 100 priests you will get.many different explaination. But one thing is sure. Its good and its inspiring and so on.

Have you ask any priests/preachers about an evil force?  I'm positive most will tell you one exists.

It told you hard core beliefs of true Christhians. We that in mind read Bible. And tou will get more things lighter and clearer. Peeps didnt get Christhianity. So they said it Belzebub. It isnt. Those peeps blamed everyone but no themselves. 

Maybe the devil's greatest trick is convincing people it is god?