Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why call him a God?

Mello_

2 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

No. Thats Catholicism and Orthdox teachings too. And sure some Protestant belief.

Catholicism holds the view that evil is real;

During a May 24, 1987, visit to the Sanctuary of Saint Michael the Archangel, John Paul II said, "The battle against the devil, which is the principal task of Saint Michael the archangel, is still being fought today, because the devil is still alive and active in the world. The evil that surrounds us today, the disorders that plague our society, man's inconsistency and brokenness, are not only the results of original sin, but also the result of Satan's pervasive and dark action."

http://www.ignatiusinsight.com/features/framorth_excerpt1_aug04.asp

17 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Where?  On earth?  Isn't sin evil?  I believe the Bible states flat out that God created evil.

Sin is evil. But what is evil. Emptiness of goodness. Imagine bottle. With no good liquid it empty. And that emptiness where is Belzebub. Where you start to do sins. Where you lost. But if you are good. There is no space for evil for Belzebub. Good is only force. You dont have good evil brain. If you loose your good brain well thats evil. Its called malefunction. 

2 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

Sin is evil. But what is evil. Emptiness of goodness. Imagine bottle. With no good liquid it empty. And that emptiness where is Belzebub. Where you start to do sins. Where you lost. But if you are good. There is no space for evil for Belzebub. Good is only force. You dont have good evil brain. If you loose your good brain well thats evil. Its called malefunction. 

The concept of spiritual warfare in Christianity is good vs evil, God vs Satan.  Evil here is more than simply emptiness, it's an active force. 

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Catholicism holds the view that evil is real;

During a May 24, 1987, visit to the Sanctuary of Saint Michael the Archangel, John Paul II said, "The battle against the devil, which is the principal task of Saint Michael the archangel, is still being fought today, because the devil is still alive and active in the world. The evil that surrounds us today, the disorders that plague our society, man's inconsistency and brokenness, are not only the results of original sin, but also the result of Satan's pervasive and dark action."

http://www.ignatiusinsight.com/features/framorth_excerpt1_aug04.asp

And? They call evil devil Belzebub...but ask them who is and what is evil and devil?

They will say that devil is person. Like you and me. Seducer, lier, killer. How that contradict what I told you? That person loose faith and goodness. 

And they will say that evil is sign.of goodness deficency.

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

The concept of spiritual warfare in Christianity is good vs evil, God vs Satan.  Evil here is more than simply emptiness, it's an active force. 

Sure its active. When peeps see hot other peeps wife...well...who cares about the brother. Look at her.

Thats evil. Thats sin. Thats Belzebub. 

But if dont have goodness deficency you will be like look at this beautifull woman. Im so happy if their marriage is working and if her husband loves her and care about her and vice versa. You would not try ...you know.

Simple example.

Edited by Mello_

7 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

And? They call evil devil Belzebub...but ask them who is and what is evil and devil?

They will say that devil is person. Like you and me. Seducer, lier, killer. How that contradict what I told you? That person loose faith and goodness. 

And they will say that evil is sign.of goodness deficency.

And did you read it?  It implies Satan is a force of evil.

Trough all Bible it is written same message. Follow me and you will not loose. You will win.

Do not doubt. Because if you doubt you will fall under waves. Pupil walked and start doubting and splash.

Jesus was same as we. Only he didnt make sins. He was pure good. God.

And that he was like us we have many accounts in Bible. For example when he was affraid of cross in that garden. He begs Lord to save him. Even he knows what would happened after. He knows he would live. But he was affraid. In one text I think its John it say that he was soo sweating of fear that blood starts to pop up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peterk505 said:

God - Omnipotent, Omnipresent - the creator of everything?

It's the Sun!

Well that implys that we have infinite number of Gods.

9 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

Sure its active. When peeps see hot other peeps wife...well...who cares about the brother. Look at her.

I'm not sure what your point is here.  Emptiness is active and can fight non-emptiness? what?

12 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

And did you read it?  It implies Satan is a force of evil.

Dude I dont know about that site or translation or what author wants to tell. Im telling you story from the Bible. I spoke with priests I was part of one Catolic forum and speak with peeps there.

Sure they all call evil devil demon Belzebub. But when you ask them to define what it is. They who really are Christhians will tell you what I told you. 

Dualismnis gnosticism. Even Pope recently told that Belzebub is person like any other.

Only he have goodness deficency. 

On opposite Jesus was human. Son of God. He was pure good. Thats why he is consider God. No sins. 

But he was human afterall. He knew all. But he was in histeria in terror in horros just as anyone of us would be. He eat. He sleep. He went to Egypt. He was in school. 

Some gnostics texts describe his life when he was younger. How he revive friend falling from roof as I remember. So to gnostic texts he done miracles as kid.

Edited by Mello_

8 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

I'm not sure what your point is here.  Emptiness is active and can fight non-emptiness? what?

Well your brain works right. If it starts to "melt" you will still be function. But not in a good way.

Something like that is their stance.

You are not evil. Someone could call you evil.

Edited by Mello_

4 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

Dude I dont know about that site or translation or what author wants to tell. Im telling you story from the Bible. I spoke with priests I was part of one Catolic forum and speak with peeps there.

Sure they all call evil devil demon Belzebub. But when you ask them to define what it is. They who really are Christhians will tell you what I told you. 

Dualismnis gnosticism. Even Pope recently told that Belzebub is person like any other.

Only he have goodness deficency. 

I've read the Bible.  The last book, The Book of Revelation, is all about God vs Satan.  I have no idea where you get this "no evil forces" from, the NT is full of it, in fact that's where it's made clear that Satan is God's enemy.

1 hour ago, Mello_ said:

It can be translated as we. In genesis god talk to himself as we. Look just for example quote I put here in this thread. It goes something like: They will be smart as we! Who are we anyway?

Himself?  

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

I've read the Bible.  The last book, The Book of Revelation, is all about God vs Satan.  I have no idea where you get this "no evil forces" from, the NT is full of it, in fact that's where it's made clear that Satan is God's enemy.

Dude peeps go to study Bible 4 years. Then they read it every day. Thats why you ahve priests who can explain something I cant because they studied it. For example Belzebub in old testament ask God if he can test Job. Which was a God favourite. And God let him. Because God knew thay Job is strong. And when Job lost all and as I remember even loose faith in God in one part, even friends and wifrle oppose him God save him and double his hapiness. Because he was back to him or have storng faith.

4 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

Im telling you if you want to redicule Bible start with Holy Ghost. Since everyone will tell you... well thats the biggest mystery.

You mean the Holy Dopamine Ghost? 

11 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Why ask god for what you can do yourself. Then why believe in god when it's all in our hands anyway. Just take the god part of the equation out and keep it simple.

You feel you can do everything God can do? Really?

Its true, it is all in our hands, to make the right choices etc, but everyone needs a guiding light now and then.

Every time I pray I am still amazed at how well it works. When I need comforting, when I need answers....

11 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

On opposite Jesus was human. Son of God. He was pure good. Thats why he is consider God. No sins.

I'm pretty sure it's because of “I and the Father are one”.

But he was human afterall. He knew all.

He knew all but doesn't know when he'll return.. 

Some gnostics texts describe his life when he was younger. How he revive friend falling from roof as I remember. So to gnostic texts he done miracles as kid.

Some texts also says he killed people.

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Himself?  

No. Usual explaination that he speaks with angels. Anyway God did create Adam from earth. And Eve from his rib.

Adam was created by Gods picture. Is that mean that God look like male or have deep meaning its up to you.

Personally I believe that author meant deeper. You know symetry and all math.

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

You feel you can do everything God can do? Really?

Its true, it is all in our hands, to make the right choices etc, but everyone needs a guiding light now and then.

Every time I pray I am still amazed at how well it works. When I need comforting, when I need answers....

It's called confirmation bias. Prayer just programs your reticular activation system and subconscious. 

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

I'm pretty sure it's because of “I and the Father are one”.

He knew all but doesn't know when he'll return.. 

Some texts also says he killed people.

Well considering what we know about him I highly doubt text talks truth.

1 minute ago, Mello_ said:

Dude peeps go to study Bible 4 years. Then they read it every day. Thats why you ahve priests who can explain something I cant because they studied it.

But Pope John Paul II didn't know anything about Catholicism right?