Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why call him a God?

Mello_

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Please what you want to say?

Read Bible. Jesus said Belzebub when he said something that he can use higher evil to destroy lesser evil but thats not how we need to act. Nothing wrong using that term. He wanted to say that you dont put fire with fire. But water.

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

But Pope John Paul II didn't know anything about Catholicism right?

He is just first among equal. Anyway what you want to say?

1 minute ago, Mello_ said:

He is just first among equal. Anyway what you want to say?

Do you have any support for your claim that evil doesn't exist in Christianity?  Seeing as you believe forgiveness involves punishing everyone, I'm doubtful of your understanding of the Bible.

16 hours ago, Mello_ said:

Then why call him God?

We call him Messi here. 

5 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

No. Usual explaination that he speaks with angels. Anyway God did create Adam from earth. And Eve from his rib.

Adam was created by Gods picture. Is that mean that God look like male or have deep meaning its up to you.

Personally I believe that author meant deeper. You know symetry and all math.

God did not create adam and eve. You need to read up about the evolution of man.

There was life well before humans on Earth,   we are infants on this planet. 

Personally I believe that author was not aware about the origins of mankind. 

What do you think your god would create now if creating a new Earth, 

A: adam and eve

B: adam and peter

C: eve and philippa 

And if your god were to choose Iceland,  what fruit would it give them? 

4 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Do you have any support for your claim that evil doesn't exist in Christianity?  Seeing as you believe forgiveness involves punishing everyone, I'm doubtful of your understanding of the Bible.

Its term. Like devil. Like Belzebub.

In the Christianity exists good.

And whats evil- its good deficency. There in no evil God or whatever. Its us and God. Do we have goodness in us or not. Like crops. Wheat can flourish or wane. Rose can flourish or wane. But "rose is a rose is a rose" wherever she flourished. Those who wane simply doesnt exists.

You will not have red rose which flourish and beside evil black rose which wanes. It rose. Either will produce or wane. I have it in my mind but not able to translate it in words. :)

But ask priests and belivers what is evil? who is devil?

Evil is deficency of goodness.

Devil is person with that deficency.

4 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

God did not create adam and eve. You need to read up about the evolution of man.

There was life well before humans on Earth,   we are infants on this planet. 

Personally I believe that author was not aware about the origins of mankind. 

What do you think your god would create now if creating a new Earth, 

A: adam and eve

B: adam and peter

C: eve and philippa 

And if your god were to choose Iceland,  what fruit would it give them? 

Eve and Philippa sounds like a good movie so my choice is c. As for Icelanders I believe they could survive as anybody else on that island.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, danydandan said:

We call him Messi here. 

Pffft.

Btw did the Irish national team qualify for the European Championship ? If not I wonder who did qualify from their group. :innocent:

7 hours ago, Mello_ said:

...22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden...

https://www.biblica.com/bible/niv/genesis/3/

Why would god prevent Adam from knowing good and evil, only to give Noah the commandments several thousand years later ? Why not just give them to Adam from the beginning ?

That never made sense to me.

31 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's called confirmation bias. Prayer just programs your reticular activation system and subconscious. 

Its not confirmation bias.

In the beginning I had no idea what to expect, how anything works, if at all?

So there was a blank slate with prayer, but I have an open mind, I didn't mind failing, and I was very desperate as well.

Since then I have asked for guidance many, many times, and only once or twice I never got an answer.

The rest of the time it works like a charm. Its really amazing.

37 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

As for Icelanders I believe they could survive as anybody else on that island.

Sorry,  that was not the question. 

Would your god give them a apple? 

How about a snake?  

17 hours ago, Mello_ said:

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

Epicurus, circa 250 BC

I want to hear Christians about this quote.

If God was a he, he would need a she. If God prevents evil, we would have no free will, and would not be able to learn or to seek and find. The meaning of evolve will vanish in the air, and the only causation would be "survival of the fittest". But since we are related to kindness, we can choose kindness, and since we are related to wisdom, we can learn. Since we are related to truth, we can stay true... I am not religius, but try to be human as good as i can. And yes, i belive in truth, that it is what it is. Becouse it will not bend to fit our belifs... 

Edited by Skirnum

56 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

Its term. Like devil. Like Belzebub.

Like good.

And whats evil- its good deficency. There in no evil God or whatever. Its us and God. Do we have goodness in us or not. Like crops. Wheat can flourish or wane. Rose can flourish or wane. But "rose is a rose is a rose" wherever she flourished. Those who wane simply doesnt exists.

Have you read the NT? Satan is referred to the god of this world and the evil one.

You will not have red rose which flourish and beside evil black rose which wanes. It rose. Either will produce or wane. I have it in my mind but not able to translate it in words. :)

But ask priests and belivers what is evil? who is devil?

Evil is deficency of goodness.

Devil is person with that deficency.

As I quoted, the devil is more than "a deficiency of good", Satan is actively fighting against God.  That's not a deficiency, that's an active force.

I'm asking you to support your claims, which you have again failed to do so.

Edited by Rlyeh

7 hours ago, Mello_ said:

Enoch speaks about Watchers on earth and so on.

There was a fall among the sons of God, and their children.

That the giants of history like Alexander, Cesar, Hitler and countless others have some kind of ancestry in the giant Gilgamesh I think is obvious. Gilgamesh is also mentioned in the book of Giants, found in the Dead Sea Scrolls and described as a giant, also known as untamed Jotun/Giant powers and Nephillim. That the river of destruction can have its symbolic origin in the violence against nature, and against humans is not inconceivable. But the research goes on.

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

Like good.

Have you read the NT? Satan is referred to the god of this world and the evil one.

As I quoted, the devil is more than "a deficiency of good", Satan is actively fighting against God.  That's not a deficiency, that's an active force.

I'm asking you to support your claims, which you have again failed to do so.

Ok. Chrithians thinknits good deficancy. You are free to belive in dualism.

Christianity is monotheism!

1.Im the Lord yours. And there are no others Gods than me!

Its basics, actually.

Edited by Mello_

57 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

Ok. Chrithians thinknits good deficancy. You are free to belive in dualism.

When I was a Christian I was taught Satan was the source of evil.

Christianity is monotheism!

Never said it wasn't.

1.Im the Lord yours. And there are no others Gods than me!

Its basics, actually.

Doesn't say other gods don't exist.

17 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

When I was a Christian I was taught Satan was the source of evil.

Never said it wasn't.

Doesn't say other gods don't exist.

You have had bad priest. What I learned that not all bad things comes from God. That bad things happened because we lived in fog. So the speak. And sometimes bad thing happens because of evil peeps. And sometimes what seems.as bad thing in fact isnt. How do you know whats good for you? 

It does say: Im your Lord and there are no Gods than me.

Atleast where I come from. Even kids knew that.

When you live wrongly and in lie some bad rhings happened because of your own fault. But God forgive you. And if you believe in him you must forgive yourself. Otherwise you will be playing God. Who are to not forgiving yourself if God forgives you.

1 hour ago, Mello_ said:

When you live wrongly and in lie some bad rhings happened because of your own fault. But God forgive you. And if you believe in him you must forgive yourself. Otherwise you will be playing God. Who are to not forgiving yourself if God forgives you.

Isn't this just an excuse to continue doing wrong things. Screw up all you want, god will forgive. 

19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Isn't this just an excuse to continue doing wrong things. Screw up all you want, god will forgive. 

No, not unless you are some kind of sadist who enjoys pain, misery and suffering?

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

No, not unless you are some kind of sadist who enjoys pain, misery and suffering?

It is an excuse. I was taught in school that it doesn't matter what sin you commit, along as you believe and pray to god you're going to heaven. We asked what about murder? The teacher repeated what she told us.

In fact, alot of homicidal sociopaths who have committed heinous crimes, claimed they were told to by god.

1 minute ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

It is an excuse. I was taught in school that it doesn't matter what sin you commit, along as you believe and pray to god you're going to heaven. We asked what about murder? The teacher repeated what she told us.

In fact, alot of homicidal sociopaths who have committed heinous crimes, claimed they were told to by god.

I honestly believe that God would forgive anything, to my mind, how could God be so petty as to hold a grudge, or feel the need to punish someone?

But, the question at death is, can you forgive yourself?

There is an idea that angels and demons are the same beings, only it is your conscience that decides.

In any event, whether God forgives or not is almost irrelevant - our lives right now, and after death depend on our actions and choices in life.

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

I honestly believe that God would forgive anything, to my mind, how could God be so petty as to hold a grudge, or feel the need to punish someone?

But, the question at death is, can you forgive yourself?

There is an idea that angels and demons are the same beings, only it is your conscience that decides.

In any event, whether God forgives or not is almost irrelevant - our lives right now, and after death depend on our actions and choices in life.

Well you have a point considering god killed millions of people if you believe the tales.

7 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Well you have a point considering god killed millions of people if you believe the tales.

I cant say that I believe the OT tales per se, although as allegories, they may work better? I'm no expert.

The way I see things - God gave us life, a home, and free will, and told us to get on with it.....only, do something that divides, something hateful, greedy, spiteful etc, something that retards humanities evolution, then suffer the consequences.

Or do something selfless, something kind etc, and see the difference.

Im not saying that mankind hasn't done some pretty horrendous things in the name of religion, but that's on mankind, not God

• Like 1