Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why call him a God?

Mello_

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I cant say that I believe the OT tales per se, although as allegories, they may work better? I'm no expert.

The way I see things - God gave us life, a home, and free will, and told us to get on with it.....only, do something that divides, something hateful, greedy, spiteful etc, something that retards humanities evolution, then suffer the consequences.

Or do something selfless, something kind etc, and see the difference.

Im not saying that mankind hasn't done some pretty horrendous things in the name of religion, but that's on mankind, not God

No it's on god alright. We're all supposed to be "created" in his image.

But I honestly think, the bible was supposed to be taken seriously. It's just all one big allegory. Ok god apparently creating the universe...well to be fair they didn't have the knowledge we do now to explain how the universe was formed, hence they decided to create a death space pixie and named it gos.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

No it's on god alright. We're all supposed to be "created" in his image.

But I honestly think, the bible was supposed to be taken seriously. It's just all one big allegory. Ok god apparently creating the universe...well to be fair they didn't have the knowledge we do now to explain how the universe was formed, hence they decided to create a death space pixie and named it gos.

Yes we are created in His image.

With a life eternal and free will -  its this free will that can be the best and the worse thing going.

But if we want to see a better day, less violence, poverty, crime etc, then we must start to take responsibility for the state of the planet, and stop blaming God. Wouldn't you agree?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mello_ said:

God was so good that he forgive them but affraid that they would become immortal. My version was that God wants us that we expirence life and death. 

To add some fuel. In Old testament Belzebub ask God if he can do things. Like in the Job. But in new testament no. 

I also did study how angels evolved in Bible. Relation Belzebub and Yahwe. Also I was sure that there were more than 3 Kings which visted Jesus.

And mostly highly interesting  is Jesus one of biggest miracle that he shapeshifted himself. And there are stories in Bible where apostoles didnt recognized Rabi at first but soon they realized it was him.

Right he was so good at being God that he created life forms and when they wouldn't obey him...he killed them.  Quite the lover of humanity there! 

And then created a place for them to suffer        f          o          r          e          v          e             r

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Pffft.

Btw did the Irish national team qualify for the European Championship ? If not I wonder who did qualify from their group. :innocent:

Messi is God. It's a well known fact.

No we are pretty crap. But hopefully we can qualify via some knockout backdoor type thing. Nearly everyone qualified, bit of a joke really. 

Edit: 836 appearances (club and country) 682 goals and 278 assists. Involved in 1.14 goals a game. 

Edit edit. 683 goals and 278 assists.

Edited by danydandan
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I normally would tear a thread like this to shreds, but I don't feel the urge to argue over fairy tales. 

Seriously!   Can you imagine having a real argument with someone who actually believed that King Arthur and the knights of the Round Table were real people?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, joc said:

Seriously!   Can you imagine having a real argument with someone who actually believed that King Arthur and the knights of the Round Table were real people?

I'll have you know King Arthur was Irish. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, danydandan said:

No its not a fact. How can you be a god if you play for the devil?  :innocent:

No we are pretty crap. But hopefully we can qualify via some knockout backdoor type thing. Nearly everyone qualified, bit of a joke really. 

I only brought it up because a certain little country north of Germany was the one to send you out. :whistle:

Edit: 836 appearances (club and country) 682 goals and 278 assists. Involved in 1.14 goals a game. 

Yeah whatever......

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I only brought it up because a certain little country north of Germany was the one to send you out. 

I was at the game in Landsdown Road. We played well, by far the better team......but we didn't deserve to qualify due to our players, FA, Manager all being absolutely crap.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

Just switch King Arthur with God then yes, yes I can. It goes nowhere. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, joc said:

Right he was so good at being God that he created life forms and when they wouldn't obey him...he killed them.  Quite the lover of humanity there! 

And then created a place for them to suffer        f          o          r          e          v          e             r

On what exactly you think? Im mean who was the victim? God only once in Bible appears. As burning bush to Moses. Never before never after.

2 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

On what exactly you think? Im mean who was the victim? God only once in Bible appears. As burning bush to Moses. Never before never after.

Ehhhhhh?

You are wrong there. Let's make a list. 

Well Jesus is God, according to some, so he appears a number of times. 

Psalms, John.... Doesn't Moses see his back because looking upon God's face in his 'true' form would be fatal?

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

It's ok fella....we're in the Euros!!!

Cymru am byth!!! :tsu:

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

Oi! Pretty sure he was ours you thieving git!!!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Mello_ said:

God only once in Bible appears.

Why would you even start a thread about the bible if you have never even read it?   ????  Only appears once?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Just switch King Arthur with God then yes, yes I can. It goes nowhere. 

So...you See what I'm Saying....

...how can anyone seeee what one is saying anyway?.....

Exactly!  A fable is a fable.

4 hours ago, danydandan said:

yes...and God was Jewish!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mello_ said:

Didn't god wrestle a guy?

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

It was an angel that wrestled a guy. 

Thanks. I guess it has been debated, but as with the rest of th ed bible, Open to Interpretation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_wrestling_with_the_angel

"The interpretation that "Jacob wrestled with God" (glossed in the name Isra-'el) is common in Protestant theology, endorsed by both Martin Luther and John Calvin (although Calvin believed the event was "only a vision"),[10] as well as later writers such as Joseph Barker (1854)[18] or Peter L. Berger (2014).[19] Other commentaries treat the expression of Jacob's having seen "God face to face" as referencing the Angel of the Lord as the "Face of God".[20]"

37 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It was an angel that wrestled a guy. 

I think the Bible says Jacob wrestled 'a man'.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mello_ said:

The man has now become like one of us,

Hi Mello

Who is us is never discussed in the bible but it makes one think when god also declares that there should be no gods before him suggesting others and if so why is god silent(deceptive) about it's past or circumstances somewhat reminiscent of the black sheep of the family.

19 hours ago, Mello_ said:

God was so good that he forgive them but affraid that they would become immortal.

Actually they were immortal before they ate the apple.

jmccr8

10 hours ago, Mello_ said:

You have had bad priest.

I had the Bible.

What I learned that not all bad things comes from God. That bad things happened because we lived in fog. So the speak. And sometimes bad thing happens because of evil peeps. And sometimes what seems.as bad thing in fact isnt. How do you know whats good for you? 

Nothing to do with anything I said.

It does say: Im your Lord and there are no Gods than me.

Atleast where I come from. Even kids knew that.

Nope, it says to have no other gods before me.  If you're going to quote the Bible get it right.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, joc said:

yes...and God was Jewish!

Simply untrue. Everyone knows God was, is and always will be Irish.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Oi! Pretty sure he was ours you thieving git!!!

A Welsh king? Get out of it. Lol.

Seriously though; a number of historians believe the Arthurian legend is based on Muircertach Mac Erca.

• Like 1