Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Mello_

Why call him a God?

701 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Will Due
1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

More like probability and statistics, given the right criteria 'someone' would have done it. That's not really miraculous.

cormac

 

But if "someone" didn't do it, then it would definitely be miraculous. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Laws?  

Sure do.

A law is simply a principle of how to act. So a worker Ant works, Army ant....ehh armies, the Queen Queens. 

So they are all living via laws. They punish the ones not pulling their weight. So yeah the have a system of law. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Sure do.

A law is simply a principle of how to act. So a worker Ant works, Army ant....ehh armies, the Queen Queens. 

So they are all living via laws. They punish the ones not pulling their weight. So yeah the have a system of law. 

 

Who do you think wrote those laws?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

But if "someone" didn't do it, then it would definitely be miraculous. 

But "someone" DID, WE outperformed our sister lineages. Homo sapiens sapiens didn't just appear from a vacuum. Again, nothing miraculous.

cormac

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

But "someone" DID, WE outperformed our sister lineages. Homo sapiens sapiens didn't just appear from a vacuum. Again, nothing miraculous.

cormac

 

Ok. Special then.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
11 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

That's not what the Bible says in many places, as it gives God anthropomorphic features a "god" WOULD NOT need, so I'd say your assumption is in error. 

cormac

Okay, I went and looked up the anthropomorphic descriptions of God and they seem like expressions of actions  rather than an actual physical description.  He stretched out his hands against Egypt, he sets his face against evil.  God seems more spirit like to me.

Edited by OverSword

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
7 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Sure do.

A law is simply a principle of how to act. So a worker Ant works, Army ant....ehh armies, the Queen Queens. 

So they are all living via laws. They punish the ones not pulling their weight. So yeah the have a system of law. 

And so worker ant is an occupation and if they get tired of their job they can simply join the army huh?  Nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Okay, I went and looked up the anthropomorphic descriptions of God and they seem like expressions of actions  rather than an actual physical description.  He stretched out his hands against Egypt, he sets his face against evil.  God seems more spirit like to me.

That's not what the ancient Hebrews/Israelites/Jews believed and that's THE ONLY perspective that really matters IMO. 

cormac

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
Just now, OverSword said:

And so worker ant is an occupation and if they get tired of their job they can simply join the army huh?  Nope.

It's more a kin to Hierarchical Socialism. Do what your told or death. It's still a civilisation.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Just now, danydandan said:

It's more a kin to Hierarchical Socialism. Do what your told or death. It's still a civilisation.

Do they kill the ones that don't function well or don't do their job?  Ant's are amazing for sure but come on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Ok. Special then.

Which is open to interpretation. 

cormac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
21 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Ants do. 

And bees and wasps and termites

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

And bees and wasps and termites

 

And the Mafia.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
12 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Sure do.

A law is simply a principle of how to act. So a worker Ant works, Army ant....ehh armies, the Queen Queens. 

So they are all living via laws. They punish the ones not pulling their weight. So yeah the have a system of law. 

Ants have been shown to have cemeteries (a room they dump the dead in), to engage in animal husbandry (they look after and milk aphids), to farm (they grow fungus), and when they are severally injured in battle to choose death instead of burdening their society (ants without at least 2 limbs remaining refuse wound licking from their comrades).

On top of that they have a hierarchical structure with biological differentiation resulting in different ants being specialised for different roles.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due

 

Crooks have laws too.

Why if you're a crook, their law says you will be paying them "taxes". :lol:

 

If you want to be a crook that is.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Do they kill the ones that don't function well or don't do their job?  Ant's are amazing for sure but come on.

Cast out or death. 

They have civil wars, wars against other colonies. They kill the Queen if she ain't up to task. Ants.....a great bunch of lads. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
4 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Cast out or death. 

They have civil wars, wars against other colonies. They kill the Queen if she ain't up to task. Ants.....a great bunch of lads. 

Only if they won't do they're job because they're ill.

I think I'll keep them and bees and other related things off the list. 

Edited by OverSword

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose

You guys know that aliens may class this planet as having 5 civilizations.

Humans, ants, bees, wasps, and termites.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
7 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

You guys know that aliens may class this planet as having 5 civilizations.

Humans, ants, bees, wasps, and termites.

That will give them four interesting conversations.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw

Talking monkeys that build spaceships. Nothing out of the ordinary here, folks. Move along.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Talking monkeys 

 

Now you're talkin

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That will give them four interesting conversations.

I only know what David Attenborough told me. He said us and ants are considered to have a civilisation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
11 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I only know what David Attenborough told me. He said us and ants are considered to have a civilisation.

Never heard of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Never heard of him.

You are taking the p***......?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

You are taking the p***......?

You argued from authority :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.