Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Mello_

Why call him a God?

701 posts in this topic

Noteverythingisaconspiracy
On 12/13/2019 at 4:09 AM, Debra F. II said:

The reason I believe is because he wants us to have morals and to do good, not bad

If god want us to have morals and do good, why is the bible so full of immoral actions by god and his followers ?

Choose right from wrong, believe in HIM only, Trust 100% in HIM only! ! Above all else.

You never trust people ?

Thats just sad. :cry:

Above all else. I also think that in the beginning days, the temptation was brought their by the the evil one by Gods command or behind Gods back,

If evil was brought by gods command then god is responsible for evil. If evil was brought behind his back then he isnt omnipotent. Which is it ?

while trusting Adam and Eve to follow his commands and while tending to other creations at that time is when the serpent struck, posed and offered.

God can be busy ?

(I should probably look more deeper into this and do some refresher courses on this)

You probably should, then you might see the glaring inconsistencies in the story.

but God intended the Earth to be as Heaven, but by not following his directions things went from really good to bad.

Maybe he shouldn't have planted a fobidden tree in the middle of the garden ? Maybe he should have kepts an eye on it ?

We can all relate to this sort of thing in our every day lives and choices and temptations that are set in front of us and all day lonv.

What we can relate to should be irrelevant concerning god. He is supposed to be omnipotent, isn't he ?

And this is why... to teach us that we have choices but our action have results and consequences. He then therefore accepts the choice Adam and Eve made, wanting knowledge, therefore God prepares a place for believers in heaven that we could no longer have on earth.

So basically god punishes those that seeks knowledge ? 

Trials, sickness, challenges spiritual warfare, death and the then the day of our judgement is the result.

Does it seem fair to you that god still punishes people for what Adam and Eve did thousands of years ago ?

Do you think it okay to punish people for what their ancestors have done ? 

I think... it's not to our understanding, we can only do the best we can with what knowledge is there and that we personally have.

But god clearly dont want us to have knowledge. Aside from the Adam and Eve story, god again punishes people for seeking knowledge in the tower of babel story. Plus of course all the (wrong) "knowledge" that is in the creation story.

See what I meant when I said the story have glaring inconsistencies ?

Growth, wisdom and knowledge are before you and always will be.

Will my family and ancestors be punished if I seek it ?

On 12/13/2019 at 8:51 AM, Rlyeh said:

When God tells you to kill, do you do it?

@Debra F. II could you perhaps answer that question ?

Above you would seem to say that the answer should be yes.

• Thanks 5