Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Happy Thanksgiving

BrooklynGuy

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all, hope everyone has a great meal and a great time with family and friends.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Happy Thanks giving to you!  I hope you are with loved ones and keeping warm and dry.

• Like 3

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, hope your able to reconnect with friends and family and enjoy your time. Oh and Bon Appetite! :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After encountering the words of Chief Seattle and Black Elk as a boy, I experienced a kinship of heart and mind with their world view in a manner previously unknown to me. 

At University, I had the great fortune to attend a year long course series in American History from the perspective of the Indigenous.   From first contact to final 'treaty' and reservation, taught by a Lakota Woman.  My Mum and Dad grew up outside Rosebud.  Summers spent there led to some chance friendships that endure in mind and heart to this day, though names have drifted...

So this day is always mixed for me.

I dearly love my family and am profoundly grateful for the few dear friends whom I've had the incredible fortune to get to know.

But there's an irony so deep in this 'day of thanks'...  followed by a 'day of grabbingness'.

very mixed.

I'm up for a new Holiday.

Kindness Day

kindness is free... sprinkle that $H!T everywhere!

Edited by quiXilver
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, quiXilver said:

After encountering the words of Chief Seattle and Black Elk as a boy, I experienced a kinship of heart and mind with their world view in a manner previously unknown to me. 

At University, I had the great fortune to attend a year long course series in American History from the perspective of the Indigenous.   From first contact to final 'treaty' and reservation, taught by a Lakota Woman.  My Mum and Dad grew up outside Rosebud.  Summers spent there led to some chance friendships that endure in mind and heart to this day, though names have drifted...

So this day is always mixed for me.

I dearly love my family and am profoundly grateful for the few dear friends whom I've had the incredible fortune to get to know.

But there's an irony so deep in this 'day of thanks'...  followed by a 'day of grabbingness'.

very mixed.

I'm up for a new Holiday.

Kindness Day

kindness is free... sprinkle that $H!T everywhere!

According to the Hallmark channel, "kindness day" is called "christmas"  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thanksgiving! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

That is what it is all about...being profoundly grateful .... :)

• Like 2

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was good! :)

• Like 2