Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Archetype

Relam

Is it possible to unlock some archetypal parts of mind with magick? Its something that jung talked about.  is Is it possible with sigils and is there some good source to learn more about magick and how to unlock those demons of the mind if its possible?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you have read Jung and understand what archetypes are, why would you need magick to do anything with them?  Maybe your definition of the word archetype is different from mine.   I think meditation and  mindfulness might work better than magick for this.   What is your goal?

Archetype (in Jungian psychology) a collectively inherited unconscious idea, pattern of thought, image, etc., universally present in individual psyches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Archetype (in Jungian psychology) a collectively inherited unconscious idea, pattern of thought, image, etc., universally present in individual psyches.

I never studied any Jung but wouldn't this be the "idea" of Hatman, Greys, Angels, Demons, Marian visions etc? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

I never studied any Jung but wouldn't this be the "idea" of Hatman, Greys, Angels, Demons, Marian visions etc? 

I can't remember the classifications, except things like the emperor, healer, things like that.  It seems most of the archetypes are in the Tarot deck.  I think hatman, greys, demons would all be the same archetype depending on your culture or what ever as they typically represent fear.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I can't remember the classifications, except things like the emperor, healer, things like that.  It seems most of the archetypes are in the Tarot deck.  I think hatman, greys, demons would all be the same archetype depending on your culture or what ever as they typically represent fear.

I get you now.....Warrior, Chief, Healer, Priest all acting in a "stereotypical" fashion. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Piney said:

I get you now.....Warrior, Chief, Healer, Priest all acting in a "stereotypical" fashion. 

Sometimes; other times the archetypes fool you.

13 hours ago, Relam said:

magick

There were "two degrees of separation" between Jung and Crowley, he who coined the Special K word. The connection runs through William Butler Yeats and the London bookseller whom Yeats and Jung both patronized. Yeats and Crowley were lodge brothers in the Golden Dawn.

Yeats' ideas about magic anticipated many of Jung's about the unconscious. If that's what you're interested in, then you might like reading this and you might also want to download the annotated text of Yeats' essay, "Magic."

https://uncertaintist.wordpress.com/2014/04/03/yeats-magic-is-jungs-science/

• Thanks 3

On 11/27/2019 at 9:40 PM, Relam said:

Is it possible to unlock some archetypal parts of mind with magick? Its something that jung talked about.  is Is it possible with sigils and is there some good source to learn more about magick and how to unlock those demons of the mind if its possible?

An archetype is a construct we understand different types of people by. Such as teacher, policeman, criminal, dictator, messiah, etc. Jung argued they arent created by consciousness but are concrete abstractions that form the foundations of reality.

As such we all have and share the same knowledge of archetypes without needing to be taught about them. Jung believed in the paranormal and synchronicities. What is it you are trying to do?

Edited by RabidMongoose