Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump plan to label Mexican cartels as

aztek

Mexico on Wednesday rejected "interventionism" after U.S. President Donald Trump said he will designate the Latin American nation's cartels as terrorist organizations, while a former U.S. official warned of unintended outcomes from such a move.

Designating groups as foreign terrorist organizations is aimed at disrupting their finances through the imposition of U.S. sanctions, including asset freezes and travel bans, on them and individuals and entities that support them.

Trump said in comments broadcast on Tuesday that Mexico's cartels "will" be designated

Ebrard earlier said a terrorist designation could, under U.S. law, enable the United States to act directly against the threat if it chose.

Trump has repeatedly offered military assistance, but Mexico has consistently declined such an offer. It was not clear under what legal basis, if any, the United States could intervene unilaterally.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-intervention-mexico-president-reacts-150031956.html

good, about time,  the experts are very likely cartels employees, maybe even the el presidente himself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They were suppose to be classified as terrorists in the 1990s, then cross border actions taken against them using the military and private contractors. Then the "idea" suddenly "disappeared".

.........maybe it had something to do with the Bushes and cocaine? :whistle:

Edited by Piney
**** Atlantis
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Going after the Cartels isn't the answer to the problem.  It will just cause a REAL "war on terror" right here at home.  Anyone who thinks these guys couldn't wage deadly, bloody guerilla war against us is just fooling themselves.  I would be in favor of having negotiations with their leaders over some controls on where the product is sold.  Their business wouldn't exist here unless we were asking for the drugs.

If it does begin, I think they should take a page out of the IDF's book and do targeted assassinations.   If push comes to shove, deracinate everything in a 5 mile corridor along the border, mine it and pick off the stragglers.  War is, after all, war.

19 minutes ago, Piney said:

They were suppose to be classified as terrorists in the 1990s, then cross border actions taken against them using the military and private contractors. Then the "idea" suddenly "disappeared".

.........maybe it had something to do with the Bushes and cocaine? :whistle:

Could it have "disappeared" into Atlantis maybe?...:rofl:

2 minutes ago, and then said:

I think they should take a page out of the IDF's book and do targeted assassinations.

That was a big part of the initial plan.

2 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Could it have "disappeared" into Atlantis maybe?...:rofl:

The bucket o' money I could of made mate!!!!! <_<

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

That was a big part of the initial plan.

The bucket o' money I could of made mate!!!!! <_<

I was reading your post,saw **** Atlantis for your edit and almost choked on my water hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I was reading your post,saw **** Atlantis for your edit and almost choked on my water hahaha

'**** Atlantis" is all my edits.

I wish I could burn every piece of crackpot crapola that mentions it. :angry:

Edited by Piney
**** Atlantis
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, aztek said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-intervention-mexico-president-reacts-150031956.html

good, about time,  the experts are very likely cartels employees, maybe even the el presidente himself.

Wait!  President Trump wants to call Mexican cartels terrorists, but he refuses asylum to people who are trying get away from them saying it is "private violence" and not enough justification for seeking asylum?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Wait!  President Trump wants to call Mexican cartels terrorists, but he refuses asylum to people who are trying get away from them saying it is "private violence" and not enough justification for seeking asylum?????

lol, vast majority are economic migrants that go back and forth. i do not buy their excuses for a second.  we are violent nation too, with guns everywhere, and sickos walking the streets, more gangs than some of their countries have people, if they want safe haven they need to go to canada.  they won't find it here,  don't you read newspapers?

• Like 2

Just now, aztek said:

lol, vast majority are economic migrants that go back and forth. i do not buy their excuses for a second.  we are violent nation too, with guns everywhere, and sickos walking the streets, more gangs than some of their countries have people, if they want safe haven they need to go to canada.  they won't find it here,  don't you read newspapers?

You need some education.  I said assylum seekers, which is not all migrants or all people wishing to immigrate.  Look it up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

You need some education.  I said assylum seekers, which is not all migrants or all people wishing to immigrate.  Look it up.

lol, MATH

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

You do have a point.  If he declares cartels as terrorists then he will be forced to admit that refugees are fleeing from US recognized terrorists and not regular criminal violence.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You do have a point.  If he declares cartels as terrorists then he will be forced to admit that refugees are fleeing from US recognized terrorists and not regular criminal violence.

lol, so?  it still does not make them anymore eligible, war or natural disasters do, we have plenty of organisations in usa labeled as terrorists,   it does not change anything as far as entering usa, why not go to canada? they welcome anyone. why come to usa where crime is high, gangs are plentiful, where half or even more of populations do not want them,  cops kill black and brown people on daily basis, and  trump is the president.   

it's like running from wolves towards lions

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, aztek said:

lol, so?  it still does not make them anymore eligible, war or natural disasters do, we have plenty of organisations in usa labeled as terrorists,   it does not change anything as far as entering usa, why not go to canada? they welcome anyone. why come to usa where crime is high, gangs are plentiful, where half or even more of populations do not want them,  cops kill black and brown people on daily basis, and  trump is the president.   

it's like running from wolves towards lions

Now, now.  A certain poster on this forum said that racism didn't exist.  I'm sure these refugees will fit in the same as all the other legal immigrants did in the last 200 years.  In our colorblind society, it shouldn't make a difference if they are claiming asylum from Sweden or if they are claiming asylum from Guatemala.

And despite Trump, America really isn't as terrible as you are making it out to be. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Now, now.  A certain poster on this forum said that racism didn't exist.  I'm sure these refugees will fit in the same as all the other legal immigrants did in the last 200 years.  In our colorblind society, it shouldn't make a difference if they are claiming asylum from Sweden or if they are claiming asylum from Guatemala.

And despite Trump, America really isn't as terrible as you are making it out to be. 

what does it have to do with the price of tea in china?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

what does it have to do with the price of tea in china?

Everything and nothing.   You just seemed to have a false impression of the United States and asylum seekers.  I'm just pointing out that America isn't as crappy as you say it is- especially towards refugees.

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Everything and nothing.   You just seemed to have a false impression of the United States and asylum seekers.  I'm just pointing out that America isn't as crappy as you say it is- especially towards refugees.

i have very real impression of usa, i live here, in nyc where most immigrants  legal and illegal come,  and you are projecting,

now tell me what part of what i said is not true. please  debunk each claim i made, and then i'll prove you wrong on every point with real world data.

i did not actually say it was crappy, it is better than any other country in the world, and i've been to dozens,  i just pointed out at real world facts.

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

i have very real impression of usa, i live here, in nyc where most immigrants  legal and illegal come,  and you are projecting,

now tell me what part from what i said is not true. please  debunk each claim i made,

Eh sure why not:

The crime rate is high-  Compared to?  Japan or Sweden- maybe.  Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador- definitely not  http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/crime-rate-by-country/

Gangs are plentiful-  True.  But they aren't about to be listed as Terrorist Organizations.

Half or even more of the population doesn't want them. False-  You are just projecting your personal feelings on more than half of America.  Heck, we have these things called, "Sanctuary Cities" here.

Cops kill brown or black people on a daily basis- almost true: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/national/police-shootings-2019/

Seems like they kill more white people these days. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, and then said:

Going after the Cartels isn't the answer to the problem.  It will just cause a REAL "war on terror" right here at home.  Anyone who thinks these guys couldn't wage deadly, bloody guerilla war against us is just fooling themselves.  I would be in favor of having negotiations with their leaders over some controls on where the product is sold.  Their business wouldn't exist here unless we were asking for the drugs.

If it does begin, I think they should take a page out of the IDF's book and do targeted assassinations.   If push comes to shove, deracinate everything in a 5 mile corridor along the border, mine it and pick off the stragglers.  War is, after all, war.

So i other words throw your hands up in the air and surrender to organised crime. Mate the cartels are the problem and this is one of the few things that i agree with Trump on. They're terrorists and deserve to be destroyed and if the Mexican Narco-State can't do anything about it then maybe your country should organise a coalition of the willing and invade to liberate not just the Mexican people but also your country, too. \

The second part of your statement is not in context with the first. 

11 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Half or even more of the population doesn't want them. False-  You are just projecting your personal feelings on more than half of America.  Heck, we have these things called, "Sanctuary Cities" here.

that is easy to debunk, btw, you are gaslighting.

open any article on  illegal immigration, and border wall,  read comments, (from sites that allow comments) and see how many posters support not allowing illegals to come in, and how many support enforcing immigration laws, and actually guarding our broder, you will see overwhelming support for those things.

Edited by aztek

2 hours ago, aztek said:

that is easy to debunk, btw, you are gaslighting.

open any article on  illegal immigration, and border wall,  read comments, (from sites that allow comments) and see how many posters support not allowing illegals to come in, and how many support enforcing immigration laws, and actually guarding our broder, you will see overwhelming support for those things.

Yeah, I'm going to have to say that the comments on outlets like Fox News probably do read like that.  Luckily those people aren't more than half of America.  Maybe a poll will help you: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/64-oppose-trumps-move-build-wall-asylum-30/story?id=62702683

I have to ask, "Are you doubting your sanity?"  Because that is what gaslighting is.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

then maybe your country should organise a coalition of the willing and invade to liberate not just the Mexican people but also your country, too. \

Why do I think you'd be on these pages ranting against my nation for a genocide right after we started such an invasion?  10s maybe 100s of thousands of civilians could be killed or wounded and for what?  To stop the suppliers of a product Americans (primarily) are asking for?  We'd be better off legalizing and ostracizing our own than to try to stop a business that cannot be stopped.  Were it not for the fact that the Cartels are supplying millions of Americans with what they demand, I'd say go for it.  

• Thanks 1