Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where you been?

Bed of chaos

I want to plan vacation in two years. I'm a bachelor. Possibly somewhere exotic. Any suggestions? I've previously been to Toronto, Montreal, NY, Philly, London,  Amsterdam, Rome, Medjugoria (please excuse spelling) Mostar (<-----awesome place) Atlantic City. Boston. Last grew up in Texas, Delaware. Now i'm living next to 'wonderful' Scranton Pa. I'd like to visit Ca (unfortunately in sacramento, went straight to wedding then airport). Didn't really get to see anything. Also I understand some can't afford to travel so sorry if seems inappropriate.

Edited by Bed of chaos

Both Moscow and Beijing are HIGHLY overpriced and not worth the effort, IMO.  I enjoyed Rome, mostly because of the historical value.  I hope to travel to New Zealand, Scotland at some point and maybe even Israel.  

• Like 1

I've never been, but if I was single and wanted a primo vacation, I'd probably go to Fiji, and say in one of those huts out over the water.

I've wanted to do a vacation in Wales, and tour Scotland and Ireland, but that's due to my ancestry.

I was in Germany in the Army and went to Austria, Switzerland and Italy while there. I'd recommend Italy in general. I've heard Greece is a fun vacation too.

I've been to Hawaii and the Caribbean, and liked both of those. Liked snorkeling.

I'd like to see Machu Picu, the Giza Pyramids, Stonehenge, the underground cities in Turkey....

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Well, what do you consider "exotic"? I wouldn't call Europe, Canada or Australia (at least the parts I've been to) "exotic".
If you want to see old buildings I'd recommend Prague, Gdansk or Venice (just not in winter, Venice floods in winter) Especially in Gdansk a lot of the historical city has been restored.
Or you could visit Southern France and look at places like Carcassonne, a town where the whole city centre is located inside the walls of a castle, and Avignon with the Papal Palace. Of course Roma also has a lot to see. 
Malta is also very interesting. Or parts of Croatia, such as Dubrovnik, the place where they filmed parts of King's Landing in Game of Thrones. There's also lots of hiking in Croatia, with hidden waterfalls and stuff like that.

If you aren't an LGBT person I've heard that the Trans Serbian Railway is a very beautiful journey. Just, as an LGBT person I wouldn't set foot into Russia right now...

If it's about Landscape, I can definitely recommend British Colombia with Vancouver. Or I guess to you it might be easier to just go to any place in the American Pacific North West? 
Australia's landscape is also very beautiful, and very varied. Just be prepared for large expanses of farmland if you want to travel between the coast and the arid centre. And for the tropical part inform yourself about when the local wet season is. Because when it rains, it rains.

Ireland is also super pretty, both in landscape and in old architecture. And there's a lot of music and street performers and such. Just be prepared for a lot of rain and cool temperatures, even in summer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Well, what do you consider "exotic"? I wouldn't call Europe, Canada or Australia (at least the parts I've been to) "exotic".
If you want to see old buildings I'd recommend Prague, Gdansk or Venice (just not in winter, Venice floods in winter) Especially in Gdansk a lot of the historical city has been restored.
Or you could visit Southern France and look at places like Carcassonne, a town where the whole city centre is located inside the walls of a castle, and Avignon with the Papal Palace. Of course Roma also has a lot to see. 
Malta is also very interesting. Or parts of Croatia, such as Dubrovnik, the place where they filmed parts of King's Landing in Game of Thrones. There's also lots of hiking in Croatia, with hidden waterfalls and stuff like that.

If you aren't an LGBT person I've heard that the Trans Serbian Railway is a very beautiful journey. Just, as an LGBT person I wouldn't set foot into Russia right now...

If it's about Landscape, I can definitely recommend British Colombia with Vancouver. Or I guess to you it might be easier to just go to any place in the American Pacific North West? 
Australia's landscape is also very beautiful, and very varied. Just be prepared for large expanses of farmland if you want to travel between the coast and the arid centre. And for the tropical part inform yourself about when the local wet season is. Because when it rains, it rains.

Ireland is also super pretty, both in landscape and in old architecture. And there's a lot of music and street performers and such. Just be prepared for a lot of rain and cool temperatures, even in summer.

Yeah, Dubrovnik would be amazing.  I was hiking around mostar (very fun memories). Unfortunately right now I'm dealing w chaotic family for holiday (assume I'm not the only one). Will look through comment/suggestions tonight, thank all of you

15 hours ago, and then said:

Both Moscow and Beijing are HIGHLY overpriced and not worth the effort, IMO.  I enjoyed Rome, mostly because of the historical value.  I hope to travel to New Zealand, Scotland at some point and maybe even Israel.  

I enjoyed Rome. Not so much the tour guide (who actually got into arguements w other tour guides) Told us "don't worry about seeing Colosseum, maybe we'll stop by on way to airport". I'd love to travel to New Zealand (suppose it could be expensive).

Edited by Bed of chaos

8 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Agreed. I wouldnt consider Canada or (parts of) Europe exotic. Perhaps Dubrovnik or Athens. Believe the tiny airport was in Dubrovnik. Then couple hours in bus towards Mostar. I'd love to visit 'kings landing' barely got to see anything. Australia would be exciting (my brother traveled last year).

I have traveled all over the United States except up towards New England. I have also been to Canada and Jamaica.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I have traveled all over the United States except up towards New England. I have also been to Canada and Jamaica.  

How was Jamaica? From what I've seen (online) it looks beautiful. However, heard there's alot of poverty/corruption in certain areas. Honestly, I'd have to spend more time researching.

Edited by Bed of chaos

49 minutes ago, Bed of chaos said:

How was Jamaica? From what I've seen (online) it looks beautiful. However, heard there's alot of poverty/corruption in certain areas. Honestly, I'd have to spend more time researching.

I went to Montego Bay. Its one of the safest areas in the country. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 9:57 PM, Bed of chaos said:

I want to plan vacation in two years. I'm a bachelor. Possibly somewhere exotic. Any suggestions? I've previously been to Toronto, Montreal, NY, Philly, London,  Amsterdam, Rome, Medjugoria (please excuse spelling) Mostar (<-----awesome place) Atlantic City. Boston. Last grew up in Texas, Delaware. Now i'm living next to 'wonderful' Scranton Pa. I'd like to visit Ca (unfortunately in sacramento, went straight to wedding then airport). Didn't really get to see anything. Also I understand some can't afford to travel so sorry if seems inappropriate.

Take a couple of weeks and rent a car, get some camping gear and travel around New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Arizona.  (maybe you would need 3 weeks).  Include the Grand Canyon, Chaco Canyon, Navajo Lake, Mesa Verde, Chiracaughua National park, too many to name in Utah...

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Take a couple of weeks and rent a car, get some camping gear and travel around New Mexico, Colorado, Utah and Arizona.  (maybe you would need 3 weeks).  Include the Grand Canyon, Chaco Canyon, Navajo Lake, Mesa Verde, Chiracaughua National park, too many to name in Utah...

Agreed. I never been to Colorado, would love to go. My family did go Grand Canyon, unfortunately i was 3/4 yrs old (can't recall much). I'd also love to travel by ferry again (stena line) between countries (ferry was around 100 euros) Probably my most extravagant trip (planned almost 2yrs). Liverpool station-train-ferry-train 2x into Amsterdam. Very exciting.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 1