Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wooden Nativity relic goes on display

Eldorado

"A fragment of wood reputed to be from the manger where Jesus was laid after his humble birth went on display in Jerusalem on Friday, ahead of its transfer to Bethlehem for the official launch of the Christmas season.

"The wood piece, just a few centimetres (inches) long, was once kept in the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome. It was handed over earlier this week to the custodian of the Bethlehem church, who said it brought “great honor to believers and pilgrims in the area”."

Full story at Reuters: https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-christmas-season-palestinians-manger/wooden-relic-of-jesus-manger-on-pre-christmas-display-in-jerusalem-idUKKBN1Y30OV

• Haha 5

How on earth can could anyone prove its provenance? They can't. It's impossible. But no doubt, there will be many gullible millions who will blindly believe it. It beggars belief. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And for only $19.95 USD..........Sounds like another Ernest Angley scheme.....or maybe a donation for Creflo Dollar's new airplane. There's one born every minute. How could any reasonably intelligent, thinking individual fall for this crap?

9 hours ago, Seti42 said:

(Deleted, for some reason)

That's nothing. My reliquary has Jesus' placenta and foreskin.

Impossible, Jesus’ for skin was draped over the planet Saturn and became the rings of Saturn.

I think it is very nice it is being returned.

Nice to see the Vatican give something up... voluntarily. 

Edited by DieChecker

Why do I think of Monty Python's flying circus movie life of Brian when I read this. :-D 

• Haha 1