Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
RabidMongoose

London Bridge incident.

123 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

RabidMongoose

Reports of shooting on bridge, large police and ambulance presence, and mass panic.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly

Man shot and killed by police on London bridge, Sky News, that's all they're reporting.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose

5 members of the public have been stabbed and the gunman is alive and in custody.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind

I can't even imagine. There is nothing more terrifying that someone with a knife attacking you. Nothing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
37 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I can't even imagine. There is nothing more terrifying that someone with a knife attacking you. Nothing.

Especially in prison. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
Just now, Piney said:

Especially in prison. 

I don't doubt it, though no one ever confronted me with a knife in prison. My adolescence though is a different story.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose

I have been watching that on Sky News which has the police about to give a conference on it.

Members of the public have been reporting 5 to 8 shots so there might be something else.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
*snip*
Edited by Saru
Removed video due to graphic content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose

The suspect confirmed dead and he had a fake suicide vest.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

The suspect confirmed dead and he had a fake suicide vest.

Good,

is it true the reports one innocent person has died?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
L.A.T.1961

Boris Johnson is heading back to Downing Street to be updated on the incident, according to his spokesman. However, the U.K.'s general election campaign has not been suspended.

Johnson tweeted he was following the incident and wanted to thank all emergency services for their response.

https://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-returns-to-downing-street-after-london-bridge-incident/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saru

Just to add to the police notice - please do not post or link to the actual footage of the incident on the forum.

Thank you.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Reports of shooting on bridge, large police and ambulance presence, and mass panic.

We must have both posted at the same time, the strange thing about it we have exactly the same title and description of post.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
56 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

We must have both posted at the same time, the strange thing about it we have exactly the same title and description of post.

Spooky action at a distance lol.

The terrorist apparently attacked people inside a building, went outside onto the bridge attacking people, the public with-strained him, the police arrived and shot him. He was wearing a hoax device and the police are currently searching the area to make sure the man was acting alone and there is nothing else planted anywhere.

There is a picture of a guy on an ambulance trolley but it might be a victim.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaeton80
1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

 


Comment in the tweet:

"Is he a spoof. M15 Special ops. An agent that was following the man? Was the man a suspect that he was there to get the knife off him? or is this a hero? Either way. Give him an award."

I second that notion, the man should be knighted by the queen herself (depending on him not being a spoof.. because in that case he would have been cleaning up / containing his own mess).

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey

So why the fake vest? Suicide by Cop? Was he hoping to make negotiations?

Also, did they determine his suicide vest was a fake before they shot at him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
2 hours ago, Saru said:

Just to add to the police notice - please do not post or link to the actual footage of the incident on the forum.

Thank you.

Agreed. Nobody likes spoilers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

So why the fake vest? Suicide by Cop? Was he hoping to make negotiations?

Also, did they determine his suicide vest was a fake before they shot at him?

Wanted ultimately to be a martyr, the fake vest assured that. apparently from witness reports he was trying to detonate the 'vest' hence why the police told the people who were holding him down to move, then as he fidgets the Police open fire.

sad that 2 innocent people have died and three seriously injured in Hospital.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:


Comment in the tweet:

"Is he a spoof. M15 Special ops. An agent that was following the man? Was the man a suspect that he was there to get the knife off him? or is this a hero? Either way. Give him an award."

I second that notion, the man should be knighted by the queen herself (depending on him not being a spoof.. because in that case he would have been cleaning up / containing his own mess).

That's actually a good call. He does look like one of Harry Peirce's lads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

So why the fake vest? Suicide by Cop? Was he hoping to make negotiations?

Also, did they determine his suicide vest was a fake before they shot at him?

Fear, most likely. But also likely that it might have been a bit of all three.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
2 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Wanted ultimately to be a martyr, the fake vest assured that. apparently from witness reports he was trying to detonate the 'vest' hence why the police told the people who were holding him down to move, then as he fidgets the Police open fire.

sad that 2 innocent people have died and three seriously injured in Hospital.

Gotta love the British spirit though. Guy diving about with a suicide vest on and we just get right in about him. And it's not the first time, either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hetrodoxly
1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

So why the fake vest? Suicide by Cop? Was he hoping to make negotiations?

Also, did they determine his suicide vest was a fake before they shot at him?

Yes, they pressed the detonator looked around they were all still alive so they shot him for being a dick. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevewinn
2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Gotta love the British spirit though. Guy diving about with a suicide vest on and we just get right in about him. And it's not the first time, either.

It does now seem people understand that if everyone runs away then mass killings will result, takes Brave as feck people to run towards, swarm and hold until police arrive. i think its that old adage it only takes one (person) to confront the terrorist and the basic instinct, a herd/pack mentality takes over as others surely follow. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.