Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus Today

Crazy Horse

If the Christ Jesus came back today - how do you think He would react - to todays world?

Would He be pleased, angry or level-headed?

Would He be political or just spiritual?

Would He be out-spoken, again, or just quietly going about His business, helping one person at a time?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

If the Christ Jesus came back today - how do you think He would react - to todays world?

Would He be out-spoken, again, or just quietly going about His business, helping one person at a time?

Hard to tell how a fictional character would react to anything. 

You could create any narrative and it wouldn't be wrong.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Hard to tell how a fictional character would react to anything. 

You could create any narrative and it wouldn't be wrong.

I got a new jersey once, for Christmas, awful, just awful...

Lets just play pretend shall we?

Jesus, as a person, how would He react to the madness today?

Its a thought experiment.

Thanks.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

He'd end in the loony bin within a week.

That might be true, but why?

Please elucidate.

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

That might be true, but why?

Please elucidate.

Thanks.

Depends what kind of Jesus we're getting. There are two hypothetical realistic kinds.

1. Deluded - I am divine - Jesus:
He will get a padded cell. No questions asked.

2: Idealistic teacher Jesus:
He will see the church, based on his teachings, divided into many fractions, and his followers fighting each other and  living ordinary selfish lives.
It will break him mentally, and he'll get picked up by the psychiatric system eventually.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Depends what kind of Jesus we're getting. There are two hypothetical realistic kinds.

1. Deluded - I am divine - Jesus:
He will get a padded cell. No questions asked.

He will see the church, based on his teachings, divided into many fractions, and his followers fighting each other and  living ordinary selfish lives.
It will break him mentally, and he'll get picked up by the psychiatric system eventually.

Lol...

So off to the funny farm then!

To my mind, He would be a little smarter than that - but who knows?

• Like 1

In many places in the world today, a person who simply proclaimed that he was God wouldn't be confined against his will, as insane. It would first have to be shown that he was a danger to himself or others.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Sci-nerd, I think I better apologize, I just stepped into your narrative and changed it.

Nah, I will disagree with this part of the thought experiment.  I don't think he, with his divine spark, would lose it.   I think he would be angry, but have some perspective too.   He would probably get back to work and build on what remains.  And there is still a lot.  There are people that believe in his message and people that need him. 

He night hit up the slums and the ghettos and the border in this country and others.  He might visit churches that still welcomed his teachings and try to live by them and ignore the ones that think if you can make JaEESuuusss a four syllable word it will magically get you into Heaven.

He might just say, "Hey, lets start one more time at the beginning of my message. Try to pay attention  and don't make up stuff my father and I didn't say.  Also, I don't think we need you as stand in judges or interpreters. I will talk to people directly."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

he would be angry!

political in a philosophy way!

quietly going about is buisness!

1 minute ago, The Eternal Flame said:

he would be angry!

political in a philosophy way!

quietly going about is buisness!

Thanks for the reply Eternal Flame.

But, would an enlightened guy, really be angry with anyone, or anything?

Political in a philosophy way - I am not sure what you mean!

Personally, I see Jesus as a chilled-out guy, going about His business, in  a cool, calm, and collected way - more or less!

16 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I don't think he, with his divine spark, would lose it.

I don't have a divine Jesus as an option. There is no divinity in this universe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Thanks for the reply Eternal Flame.

But, would an enlightened guy, really be angry with anyone, or anything?

Political in a philosophy way - I am not sure what you mean!

Personally, I see Jesus as a chilled-out guy, going about His business, in  a cool, calm, and collected way - more or less!

Is this the same Jesus who chased the money changers out of the temple with a whip, and cursed a fig tree, and made it wither because he wanted the fruit, but it was out of season?  

• Like 5

Which Jesus?

As a mythological character Jesus has been developed by various groups within greater Christianity (and Islam) into often wildly different characterizations over the last 2000 years, which of the various versions are we talking about here?

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 5

No need to guess...thought experiment aside.  His return is described in detail in Isaiah and Ezekiel as well as the book of Revelation.  The closest description I've seen in secular efforts was a Tee shirt that says 

JESUS IS COMING SOON

AND BOY IS HE p***ED

Crude but accurate.  His first advent was as a humble, suffering servant.  He returns as a righteous King who will set things straight, beginning with those who have hated and killed His people.  

Just sayin'...

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, and then said:

No need to guess...thought experiment aside.  His return is described in detail in Isaiah and Ezekiel as well as the book of Revelation.  The closest description I've seen in secular efforts was a Tee shirt that says 

JESUS IS COMING SOON

AND BOY IS HE p***ED

Crude but accurate.  His first advent was as a humble, suffering servant.  He returns as a righteous King who will set things straight, beginning with those who have hated and killed His people.  

Just sayin'...

Like Trump, the anti-christ? Then the rest of trumps false prophets? Just sayin...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, and then said:

JESUS IS COMING SOON

AND BOY IS HE p***ED

Just sayin'...

If Constantine hadn't picked it up, Christianity would probably just have been another doomsday cult.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, sci-nerd said:

If Constantine hadn't picked it up, Christianity would probably just have been another doomsday cult.

I never said anything about "Doomsday".  There is no "end of the world" in the book of Revelation.  That's a myth.

2 minutes ago, and then said:

I never said anything about "Doomsday".  There is no "end of the world" in the book of Revelation.  That's a myth.

Who said you said that? Not me.

And besides; doomsday is the Christian day of judgement, not the end of the planet. I didn't even vaguely suggest that.

But that doesn't change the fact, that Christianity owes its success more to Constantine, than to Jesus and his gang - including Paul.

1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

I don't have a divine Jesus as an option. There is no divinity in this universe.

Well, I don't either, but this is a gedanken experiment.  Have you  ever played Dungeons and Dragons?  I am trying to act consistently with the Universe the DM created.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, and then said:

He returns as a righteous King who will set things straight, beginning with those who have hated and killed His people.  

Was this when "his people" weren't killing everybody else?

When there is a actual Christian genocide get back to us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well, I don't either, but this is a gedanken experiment.  Have you  ever played Dungeons and Dragons?  I am trying to act consistently with the Universe the DM created.

This is a dangerous topic to indulge. The in house holy rollers are gonna run off the rails! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

And if and only if it was the end of the world not only here but in the rest of the universe how by a giant black hole who would swallow alien technology who as gone to far here on earth they is what whe call poltergeist a nuisance witch i suspect is related to invisibillity and so are the alien technology and einstein theory of relativity who would in our present or more in the real now who is more million years of hitech allusion to the time machine and the apocalyptic robot...

Edited by The Eternal Flame

21 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Who said you said that? Not me.

And besides; doomsday is the Christian day of judgement, not the end of the planet. I didn't even vaguely suggest that.

But that doesn't change the fact, that Christianity owes its success more to Constantine, than to Jesus and his gang - including Paul.

I disagree but we're all entitled to opinions.  My frame of reference is that I actually believe He is who He said He was.  No one can prove or disprove that premise sufficiently to satisfy everyone so we believe as we will.  You used the expression - "doomsday cult".  That was what I was referencing.  Most people believe that's what the book of Revelation speaks of and it couldn't be further from the truth.  There is a tremendous amount of hope for humankind in that book.  :) 

• Like 1