Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus Today

Crazy Horse

56 minutes ago, and then said:

I never said anything about "Doomsday".  There is no "end of the world" in the book of Revelation.  That's a myth.

On the Road to Armageddon

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/christianity/end-times/on-the-road-to-armageddon.aspx&ved=2ahUKEwioyfHH4ZDmAhUwFzQIHXu7CvUQFjAGegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw03opwmk-XZxO_2f07d2hyV

2 hours ago, bison said:

Is this the same Jesus who chased the money changers out of the temple with a whip, and cursed a fig tree, and made it wither because he wanted the fruit, but it was out of season?  

Who knows?

All I know is, that I take what is useful, and leave everything else behind.

Nobody is perfect, we all do stupid stuff - and life goes on!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Was this when "his people" weren't killing everybody else?

When there is a actual Christian genocide get back to us. 

What genocide did Jews perpetrate?  The original Canaanites? 

No need to "get back" to anyone.  Believe, mock, it's all the same to me.  The ironic aspect of it for me is that in a world where people will believe in the possibilities for almost ANY dream of a bright future, they reject anything that tells them what they have to do.  THAT is the only universal human constant where "hope" is concerned.  Time will tell.  

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I got a new jersey once, for Christmas, awful, just awful...

Lets just play pretend shall we?

Jesus, as a person, how would He react to the madness today?

Its a thought experiment.

Thanks.

Then if Jesus was real....   

Would he marvel at how humans managed to overcome ancient teachings and abolish biblical notions like hatred of gays or condoning slavery and take in the lessons he and his father can learn from us? Would he admit where religion has steered people wrong? How would he justify his father's word to both Muslims and Christians? He might end up a sacrifice or religious violence once again if he had to face both faiths at once?

Been listening to this by any chance?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry, Jesus Today isn't available, would you like to speak with Jesus Tomorrow? 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, and then said:

What genocide did Jews perpetrate?  The original Canaanites? 

None, but the Indians survived one. From Mostly Catholics but all Christians.

The Nanticoke language and culture is extinct. We follow a Lenape and Ojibway one now. 

When was the American Christian Culture persecuted? 

When were you beaten for not giving up your religion? My grandfather was. 

I was tortured for my beliefs by the Catholic, Baptist and Methodist kids. That's why I hung with Norma Jews and Seabrook Japanese. 

Oh, the Jews were a branch of the Canaanites. It was "in-fighting". Any Rabbi will tell you that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

He'd end in the loony bin within a week.

Whys that?

5 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Whys that?

Because claims of being divine and miracles are not reality. Religion is accepted due to an appeal to authority. Nobody thinks the Bible is crazy (well a minority do but that's another discussion) because billions of people believe it. Not because of accuracy, not because of service to humanity, not due to helpful discoveries and wonderful progress in fields like medicine. If billions of people believed they were Napoleon, then it would be widely accepted too. The shoe is just on another foot.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Depends what kind of Jesus we're getting. There are two hypothetical realistic kinds.

1. Deluded - I am divine - Jesus:
He will get a padded cell. No questions asked.

2: Idealistic teacher Jesus:
He will see the church, based on his teachings, divided into many fractions, and his followers fighting each other and  living ordinary selfish lives.
It will break him mentally, and he'll get picked up by the psychiatric system eventually.

I don't think Jesus, returned to this world, would break easily, especially over some petty argument.

In fact, I should think that He would use those divisions as an excuse to make peace, 

So there!

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Because claims of being divine and miracles are not reality. Religion is accepted due to an appeal to authority. Nobody thinks the Bible is crazy (well a minority do but that's another discussion) because billions of people believe it. Not because of accuracy, not because of service to humanity, not due to helpful discoveries and wonderful progress in fields like medicine. If billions of people believed they were Napoleon, then it would be widely accepted too. The shoe is just on another foot.

But I am not talking about the Bible per se.

To be honest. I really don't care about the Bible, it is meaningless to my life.

But I do care about this time, and this place, and about all our futures, and that is why I am speaking out right now!

I really hope you can understand where I am coming from?

I love life.

3 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

I don't have a divine Jesus as an option. There is no divinity in this universe.

So, how from nothing, did we get here?

From nothing we have life, matter, a consciousness, and energy.

That is a miracle worthy of any God, or any Scientist.

At the end of the day, science has very little answers, only theories, much like religion.

36 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I'm sorry, Jesus Today isn't available, would you like to speak with Jesus Tomorrow? 

~

I would like to speak with anyone who has an open mind.

Is that you Third Eye?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

From nothing we have life, matter, a consciousness, and energy.

That is a miracle worthy of any God, or any Scientist.

At the end of the day, science has very little answers, only theories, much like religion.

Scientific theories have an abundance of evidence to support them. Religion has none.

How something from nothing you ask? Well the total energy of the universe is equal to zero, so the universe is in energy balance.

And we know exactly how we (and everything else) got here.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

It wasn't nothing. It was a singularity. Which might of been a former Universe. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Because claims of being divine and miracles are not reality. Religion is accepted due to an appeal to authority. Nobody thinks the Bible is crazy (well a minority do but that's another discussion) because billions of people believe it. Not because of accuracyecause onot , b

Just now, sci-nerd said:

Scientific theories have an abundance of evidence to support them. Religion has none.

How something from nothing you ask? Well the total energy of the universe is equal to zero, so the universe is in energy balance.

And we know exactly how we (and everything else) got here.

f service to humanity, not due to helpful discoveries and wonderful progress in fields like medicine. If billions of people believed they were Napoleon, then it would be widely accepted too. The shoe is just on another foot.

From the Big Bang, we got all this?

Ok, that is one miracle too far for any material scientist.

From nothing we got - Matter, life, a consciousness, and energy obeying principles and laws...

Wow, That is a - miracle that science cannot explain.

Perhaps you can explain?

1 minute ago, Piney said:

It wasn't nothing. It was a singularity. Which might of been a former Universe. 

And how did that universe get there?

I call it God, you may have a different name?

I don't care!

24 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

But I am not talking about the Bible per se.

You are talking about Jesus of the Bible right?

What other sources of information regarding his alleged existence exist and ate widely known, taught and available to the general public?

To be honest. I really don't care about the Bible, it is meaningless to my life.

What does that have to do with the question that you asked?

But I do care about this time, and this place, and about all our futures, and that is why I am speaking out right now!

Then why focus on ancient thinking?

I really hope you can understand where I am coming from?

Avoiding the questions I asked?

I love life.

Good for you. I accept life can be good, and sometimes it's just horrible. If you take of those rose coloured glasses you can see it all.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

It always has been. A never ending cycle of big bangs and big collapse back into a singularity.

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

I was raised speaking 3 languages and have philosophical concepts that don't exist in English.

Kiitaaniituu, Amenominakanushi , Tian "The Heavens", "The Living Heart of the Universe", "Creation".

I can't seem to equate it with a Middle Eastern Fire-Mountain god with anger management problems and a ego issue which needs constant re-enforcing. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

From the Big Bang, we got all this?

Thats an extraordinarily simplistic version, but basically, yes 

Ok, that is one miracle too far for any material scientist.

No, it's nature at work. Nothing to do with miracles.

From nothing we got - Matter, life, a consciousness, and energy obeying principles and laws...

From W very long process spanning billions of years, entropy has resulted in this particular order of matter we see today. One day it will be nothing again. Everything dies.

Wow, That is a - miracle that science cannot explain.

Science has some very well supported scientific theories that do well explain the universe and everything in it.

Perhaps you can explain?

Why any of us?

Would it not be a better idea for you to get of your own backside and learn from the pioneers in this field like others have? Nobody here holds those answers, the leading physicists at places like Berkeley have devoted lifetimes with the best equipment available to unravel these mysteries.

You need to read all that and understand it. That's how science works. Evidence and understanding it. Not philosophies, not guesses, not emotions. Get of your butt and learn. Nobody should be convincing you of anything, it's up to you to educate yourself. Catch up rather than drag others down.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You are talking about Jesus of the Bible right?

What other sources of information regarding his alleged existence exist and ate widely known, taught and available to the general public?

Err, no, I am talking about the Jesus of the Gnostic teachings.

You really don't understand me, do you?

17 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I don't care!

God is associated with religious ideals and creation ideas. It's not an appropriate term regarding the subject of the beginning of the universe. Myth and science are not associated.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What other sources of information regarding his alleged existence exist and are widely known, taught and available to the general public?

It's a long walk home. Are you sure your kangaroo is still tied up?

4 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Err, no, I am talking about the Jesus of the Gnostic teachings.

That's not what your ambiguous first post says. It says, and I quote:

If the Christ Jesus came back today

Where's your specifications? Another poster actually asked you which Jesus 

What specific differences are you referring to exactly?  

You really don't understand me, do you?

I feel all to well unfortunately. I've met a lot of people who preach stuff like you do, but when push comes to shove, they don't even really believe it themselves. Its like a form of narcissistic behaviour I find. Poison dressed as perfume.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Thats an extraordinarily simplistic version, but basically, yes 

No, it's nature at work. Nothing to do with miracles.

From W very long process spanning billions of years, entropy has resulted in this particular order of matter we see today. One day it will be nothing again. Everything dies.

Science has some very well supported scientific theories that do well explain the universe and everything in it.

Why any of us?

Would it not be a better idea for you to get of your own backside and learn from the pioneers in this field like others have? Nobody here holds those answers, the leading physicists at places like Berkeley have devoted lifetimes with the best equipment available to unravel these mysteries.

You need to read all that and understand it. That's how science works. Evidence and understanding it. Not philosophies, not guesses, not emotions. Get of your butt and learn. Nobody should be convincing you of anything, it's up to you to educate yourself. Catch up rather than drag others down.

Actually, every mystic that ever lived has the answer.

Its God, and God is a mystery.

And material science will never, cannot ever, delve deep into those answers,

And no matter how many words you use, you have no answer.

"Yaddha, yaddha yaddha, bla, bla bla.I have no answer so I will just keep talking."

You have no answer to the Big Bang. 

I do.

Get over it!

• Haha 3

Just now, Will Due said:

It's a long walk home. Are you sure your kangaroo is still tied up?

It's Saturday here. No work. It's out in the paddock having a day of.