Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus Today

Crazy Horse

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

All good Catholics are!

I get it that's why they have all those problems with Priests who can't control their behaviour.:unsure2:

By the way I was raised Catholic.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I want you to do that, so I can talk to you as a human being, with your own opinions and thoughts, feelings and stuff.

I've given you a synopsis. I don't see you starting there.

What do our opinions have to do with anything? If I like green and you like blue, is either of us correct? On a clear sunny day, the sky is blue. Our opinions don't affect that.

9 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Geeze, am I an alien or something?

No, evasive. It would be much better if you were more direct and accepted good information when presented rather than dismissing it to discuss your preferred myths, and it's rude to insist others perform lengthy tasks for your entertainment.

• Like 2

Looks like Crazy Horse has left the internet, I suppose he is just another free electron traveling at light speed through Cyberspace. Well Crazy Horse, I think your good a guy but starting a thread on Religion is certainly a Crazy thing to do, but I applaud you for trying, I enjoyed our exchange.

Thanks

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, and then said:

His return is described in detail in Isaiah and Ezekiel as well as the book of Revelation.

Yeah, a mass murderer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

If the Christ Jesus came back today - how do you think He would react - to todays world?

If he was magically transported from 30 AD to 2019 AD, he'd be very confused.

• Haha 3

That's some crazy horse shît right there... 

~

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

From the Big Bang, we got all this?

Ok, that is one miracle too far for any material scientist.

From nothing we got - Matter, life, a consciousness, and energy obeying principles and laws...

Wow, That is a - miracle that science cannot explain.

Perhaps you can explain?

I could try. But if you've already decided not to accept it, I'll be wasting my time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Religion has plenty of evidence.

Really? Show me one piece.

Your mind, life, energy, and consciousness is a miracle worthy of any God.

As long as we can explain all of them in details, including how they evolved, I see no need for a magic guy (or girl).
They could even be simulated by a highly advanced computer.

• Like 5

On 11/29/2019 at 7:55 PM, psyche101 said:

How would he justify his father's word to both Muslims and Christians?

Like most who choose not to accept Him,  (no problem, no judgment) people seem to think He will be as He was and in meekness try to appeal, as if by politics, to non-believers to come to Him.  The scripture says just the opposite.  He came once as an offering, a sacrifice for the lawbreaking of all people.  The second time around He will come to judge the world for its sins, especially against Israel.  Israel won't be His only focus but He will avenge the treatment His Chosen received by all the nations.  Not my words... His.  

When you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies again you'll have advanced warning of His soon arrival.  

I believe that even the greatest scholar of the Bible will have many surprises in that day.  There is no way to know with surety everything that He meant in His word.  It could be that some transgressors are found to be more worthy of forgiveness than those who presumed to know His mind.  Either way, I really don't think the world will have much longer to wait before the mystery is finished and His plan revealed to all.

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2019 at 6:27 PM, sci-nerd said:

Who said you said that? Not me.

And besides; doomsday is the Christian day of judgement, not the end of the planet. I didn't even vaguely suggest that.

But that doesn't change the fact, that Christianity owes its success more to Constantine, than to Jesus and his gang - including Paul.

He might not like the books that were chosen for "his Bible."

He might not like the versions of the books and sections of the Torah,  Since he was a rabbi, the first thing he would do would be to go to Synagogue and read th Torah and the midrashes.

• Like 2

Someone get a singing fat lady up there quick... 

[00.00:56]

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/30/2019 at 5:39 AM, psyche101 said:

I've given you a synopsis. I don't see you starting there.

What do our opinions have to do with anything? If I like green and you like blue, is either of us correct? On a clear sunny day, the sky is blue. Our opinions don't affect that.

No, evasive. It would be much better if you were more direct and accepted good information when presented rather than dismissing it to discuss your preferred myths, and it's rude to insist others perform lengthy tasks for your entertainment.

That coming from a guy who posted a plus 2 hour vid to watch - now that really does seem intensely hypocritical.

BTW, I did read your synopsise, and I did ask for some clarification, that never came.

On 11/30/2019 at 1:55 AM, psyche101 said:

Then if Jesus was real....   

Would he marvel at how humans managed to overcome ancient teachings and abolish biblical notions like hatred of gays or condoning slavery and take in the lessons he and his father can learn from us? Would he admit where religion has steered people wrong? How would he justify his father's word to both Muslims and Christians? He might end up a sacrifice or religious violence once again if he had to face both faiths at once?

Been listening to this by any chance?

I would imagine that Jesus would talk about all those things, setting the record straight where needed.

What record?  It is the Muslims who follow the Old Law to a letter of it.  That is the record.  The Old Testament Law is the record.  It was the record of Muhammad when he wrote the first lines of what would become the Koran.

How does one set the record straight on the God of the OT and Jesus as the new, kinder, gentler God?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, joc said:

How does one set the record straight on the God of the OT and Jesus 

Urantia_Book_inset.png

Edited by Will Due
  • Haha 1

Every time I venture out of the Lounge...I am reminded of why I chose to live in Bliss.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, and then said:

Like most who choose not to accept Him,  (no problem, no judgment) people seem to think He will be as He was and in meekness try to appeal, as if by politics, to non-believers to come to Him.  The scripture says just the opposite.  He came once as an offering, a sacrifice for the lawbreaking of all people.  The second time around He will come to judge the world for its sins, especially against Israel.  Israel won't be His only focus but He will avenge the treatment His Chosen received by all the nations.  Not my words... His.  

I don't think that. As a thought experiment, if Jesus was real, the Bible states that he is always here to uphold his father's word, not change it. 

This is where I don't get the Christians who deny the OT and only consider the NT valid. Jesus didn't say everything would be great after his return. He said it will be great for believers who are accepted into his father's heaven.

And the God of the OT is a horrid creation. I don't see his son being better, but worse, and giving an ambiguous idea of what he plans to do to our species upon his return. Heck, what would you think of him of the first thing he did was declared 2A a new sin? I don't think any prophesied second coming would be as wonderful as well a made out. It sounds like centuries and of slaughter resulting in an Orwellian state.

When you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies again you'll have advanced warning of His soon arrival.  

It's been like that forever and is right now. You can't walk down a street without putting your own life in danger.   Muslims, Christians and Jews throw Besser blocks (think you guys call them cinder blocks?) at passers by and take pot shots out of windows at each other 

The holiest place on earth is more like hell on Earth. Hot, dry and unsafe.

But this was my main point.

If there is a god, he told Christians one thing, and Muslims another. How does he reconcile that? How would God explain his plagiarism of the Epic of Gilgamesh using his own son as a method actor to historians even?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpq8QeGik4MPLlrMrS5xg

I believe that even the greatest scholar of the Bible will have many surprises in that day.  There is no way to know with surety everything that He meant in His word.  It could be that some transgressors are found to be more worthy of forgiveness than those who presumed to know His mind.  Either way, I really don't think the world will have much longer to wait before the mystery is finished and His plan revealed to all.

You know, to be been hearing this all my life. Apparently my grandparents used to say the same thing to my parents.

I remember as a young child in the 70s actually getting the day of school when the rapture, or Armageddon was supposed to hit. People have been saying these are the last days for centuries. 

And I don't think we are in for any by bliblical prophesies changing anything. Religion is on the way out. Slowly but surely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Will Due said:

Urantia_Book_inset.png

That was not set any records straight, but it's a life saver if one runs out of toilet paper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, psyche101 said:

That was not set any records straight, but it's a life saver if one runs out of toilet paper.

Hey, did you feed your kangaroo?

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Hey, did you feed your kangaroo?

They feed themselves. They are grazers.

Won't eat the blue book though. Even the goats turned it down.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

They feed themselves.

Now your talking. :lol:

It's easy for them. They just eat what's right under their nose.

Edited by Will Due

12 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Now your talking. :lol:

No, I'm typing :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

No, I'm typing :lol:

You must be getting hungry. 

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

You must be getting hungry. 

Mmmmmmm......

On 11/30/2019 at 8:42 AM, sci-nerd said:

Depends what kind of Jesus we're getting. There are two hypothetical realistic kinds.

1. Deluded - I am divine - Jesus:
He will get a padded cell. No questions asked.

2: Idealistic teacher Jesus:
He will see the church, based on his teachings, divided into many fractions, and his followers fighting each other and  living ordinary selfish lives.
It will break him mentally, and he'll get picked up by the psychiatric system eventually.

Uhhh...nope.

You don't get a padded cell unless you commit a crime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1