Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jesus Today

Crazy Horse

3 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

I honestly wonder if you do.

Then explain this.

This is the higher physics I was talking about earlier.

9 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Then explain this.

And...it is what I was talking about earlier when I said completely ridiculous!  

A.  Why call it physics?  It isn't.

B.  Why call it physics? It isn't.

C. Why call it physics? IT ISN'T!

1 minute ago, joc said:

And...it is what I was talking about earlier when I said completely ridiculous!  

A.  Why call it physics?  It isn't.

B.  Why call it physics? It isn't.

C. Why call it physics? IT ISN'T!

That's why I call it higher physics, something above the normal everyday physics of Newton.

So, what exactly would you call it?

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

That's why I call it higher physics, something above the normal everyday physics of Newton.

Oh boy. Is this "super physical" too:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Oh boy. Is this "super physical" too:lol:

Perhaps you can explain what is going on with this group meditation?

10 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Then explain this.

You posted that nonsense before.  Perhaps you can explain what that has to do with physics, quantum or otherwise?

John Hagelin invokes non-sequiturs like numerology and Hindu superstition in his theories.  Higher physics my ass.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

You posted that nonsense before.  Perhaps you can explain what that has to do with physics, quantum or otherwise?

John Hagelin invokes non-sequiturs like numerology and Hindu superstition in his theories.  Higher physics my ass.

So what is going on , in your opinion, with all these group meditations and the scientifically proven decrease in violent behaviour?

And yes, the results are way above any scientific parameters needed.

There is mothing in that video that relies on numerology or any superstition. Just cold, hard, facts.

13 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I would call it exactly what it is...Woo Crap!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, joc said:

I would call it exactly what it is...Woo Crap!

That doesn't surprise me.

Ignoring hard facts and data just because it doesn't fit nicely into your world view.

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

That doesn't surprise me.

Ignoring hard facts and data just because it doesn't fit nicely into your world view.

Exactly correct you are!  It doesn't fit nicely into my world view...because the complete and total rock solid foundation of my world view is called...Physics...and your hard facts and data ain't physics.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

So what is going on , in your opinion, with all these group meditations and the scientifically proven decrease in violent behaviour?

And yes, the results are way above any scientific parameters needed.

There is mothing in that video that relies on numerology or any superstition. Just cold, hard, facts.

Scientifically proven according to a board of Transcendental Meditation practitioners.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, joc said:

Exactly correct you are!  It doesn't fit nicely into my world view...because the complete and total rock solid foundation of my world view is called...Physics...and your hard facts and data ain't physics.

Then please explain what is going on?

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

Then please explain what is going on?

I don't believe the premise.  It isn't proof of anything...it is just more anecdote by wishful thinkers and presented as proof that their wishful thinking is correct...when in fact it isn't...and it isn't even true.  It is however provable that the thoughts that go on in our individual heads never leave the body.  So; if our thoughts cannot leave the body...the whole premise of Group Meditation in that regard is completely bogus.  Levitate a feather and we'll talk.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Scientifically proven according to a board of Transcendental Meditation practitioners.

Not just the TM meditators but many different groups too.

And the Yale University Journal of Conflict Resolution.

You have no answers do you?

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Oh....Yale!   Well...gotta trust Yale...uh, no not really.  Like I said...I trust the Laws of Physics.  Thoughts never leave our brains. Fact.

4 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Consciousness isn't energy.

I sort of assumed everything is energy...matter is energy...but  I really don't know much about anything for sure...So, would you give a brief explanation of what consciousness IS ?      

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, joc said:

I don't believe the premise.  It isn't proof of anything...it is just more anecdote by wishful thinkers and presented as proof that their wishful thinking is correct...when in fact it isn't...and it isn't even true.  It is however provable that the thoughts that go on in our individual heads never leave the body.  So; if our thoughts cannot leave the body...the whole premise of Group Meditation in that regard is completely bogus.  Levitate a feather and we'll talk.

You don't have to believe the premise, just the evidence from this "Unassailable paper".

And the point is, its not anecdotal but factual. One such fact being that the levels of war death and violence consistently went down by 80%. The chance of this being a coincidence is 1 part in 10 million, million, million.

Explain that if you can?

10 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

You don't have to believe the premise, just the evidence from this "Unassailable paper".

And the point is, its not anecdotal but factual. One such fact being that the levels of war death and violence consistently went down by 80%. The chance of this being a coincidence is 1 part in 10 million, million, million.

Explain that if you can?

What is ten million, million, million?  Would that be the same thing as 10 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000?

It's not factual evidence...its bs.  Pure and simple.  The whole idea that a collective of people meditating peace can stop terrorists from fighting is pathetically naive.

What kind of person actually believes this crap?   oh wait....

I don't try to explain bs.  I just recognize it for what it is and move on.

16 hours ago, lightly said:

Just one....what if immortality is not physical?      

What exactly is 'not physical' except thought? And even that relies on the physical to exist.

It's fine to think about other answers, but there needs to be more than 'what if'. An open ended musing is just that and nothing more. If you propose something beyond the physical then you need to also propose exactly what that term is referring to.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

And consciousness?

Yes. Are you aware of the attention schema theory?

But peace is not just for me, is it?

Yes it is. Who do you think it's for exactly?

My philosophy has been refined down to a handful of things, love, peace and happiness....

When you live longer handed are they will yet be refined too.

With an inner peace there is a stillness and a deeper insight too. 

For yourself again, that's not helping anyone else or affecting anyone else. 

Your insights are just your personal imagination. All you talk of God and peace doesn't change the world revolving and everything good and bad in it.

With love there comes a peace, with peace, a stillness, with a stillness, wisdom, and with wisdom there is skill and integrity.

You are just romanticising your rose coloured view. It's has not made you wise in any eyes but your own. It's like your living should not some world of kittens and rainbows.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Then explain this.

What happened to in your own words?

When can I expect comments on the video I left you?

Edited by psyche101

11 hours ago, lightly said:

I sort of assumed everything is energy...matter is energy...but  I really don't know much about anything for sure...So, would you give a brief explanation of what consciousness IS ?      

Here are the different forms of energy;

http://vikaspedia.in/energy/energy-basics/forms-of-energy

Consciousness isn't one of them.  Conscious awareness is a group of brain functions that requires energy to operate.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

The so-called independent board who reviewed his experiment were TM practitioners.

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=xzCK6-Kqs6QC&lpg=PP1&pg=PA28#v=onepage&q&f=false

The answer is he cherry picked the data.

• Thanks 2

On 12/15/2019 at 6:10 AM, Crazy Horse said:

Thanks for the answer...

And you are right in the sense that different folk see Jesus in a different kind of light for many reasons. That's why I am interested in "Jesus today".

Personally, I figure that Jesus would, after many, many years of preparation, step forward with a miracle or two, and via social media make Himself known! I would imagine, that by the sheer force of His integrity, His personality and character, that a lot of folks would put down the I-Phone, switch off the TV, and listen to what He had to say. I would imagine that folks would be inspired to give His message a go, and from that moment on, everything would change very quickly.

I think you credit Jesus with more charisma and more powers than he actually possessed.  You should read what the Mandaeans have to say about him.  I think you learn more about people from their critics than you do by asking their friends.