Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Crazy Horse

Jesus Today

349 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

psyche101
17 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Are you a physisist?  I am sure physics does not prove there is no afterlife.  Can you state why you think that?

Sorry, double post. Internet hiccup.

Edited by psyche101
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
14 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I always thought physics said that energy cannot disappear, it just changes?

One good reason to believe in the afterlife in my opinion.

We can account for all the energy in your body when you die

Thermodynamics.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
13 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

As I've discussed this a few times, I'll keep it short.

Physics and the Immortality of the Soul

If you wish to discuss further please get back to me.

I read the entire article.  What is there really to discuss?  I too will keep it short....their isn't.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
14 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Poor old Sean the sheep, a guesser who got this one wrong, and I know it, 100%.  For better or worse, I know not.

My brother passed away this morning.

He's gone. No taps, no apparitions, nothing. He's just gone. I know that much. My world's just a bit emptier and quiet.

  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

My brother passed away this morning.

He's gone. No taps, no apparitions, nothing. He's just gone. I know that much. My world's just a bit emptier and quiet.

I am sorry for your loss. :cry:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
2 minutes ago, joc said:

I am sorry for your loss. :cry:

Thank you. I appreciate it. It was quite a shock. He was only 64.

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

My brother passed away this morning.

He's gone. No taps, no apparitions, nothing. He's just gone. I know that much. My world's just a bit emptier and quiet.

very sorry to hear this, was it unexpected ?  I learnt yesterday of the sudden death of my sister's brother-in-law, just returned from a cruise and dropped dead. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Thank you. I appreciate it. It was quite a shock. He was only 64.

Way too young.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Thank you. I appreciate it. It was quite a shock. He was only 64.

My father passed ten days ago after a long illness...he was 87.   Which gives rise to an important point I think in this  discussion...every day millions of people die.  Where is our grief and mourning for their passing?  

The impact of one's death upon us is felt more strongly the closer we were to the person.  We become very 'familiar' with those we are close to...in the case of 'family' ... they are those we are most familiar with.  Note the two words familiarity and family.  The loss we have over family is deep...so deep in fact...that often our brains simply cannot handle the finality of not ever seeing that person ...or animal...again.  I think it is in this deep loss state and inability to cope with death in that regard which is responsible originally, and totally, and presently for the allowance of our minds to accept a reality in which they are still alive...somewhere...and in peace.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon the frog
On 11/29/2019 at 5:14 PM, Crazy Horse said:

I got a new jersey once, for Christmas, awful, just awful...

Lets just play pretend shall we?

Jesus, as a person, how would He react to the madness today?

Its a thought experiment.

Thanks.

 

Well he could have giant shopping mall to destroy in his bloody rage !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LightAngel
On 11/29/2019 at 10:34 PM, Crazy Horse said:

If the Christ Jesus came back today

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Habitat
10 minutes ago, joc said:

My father passed ten days ago after a long illness...he was 87.   Which gives rise to an important point I think in this  discussion...every day millions of people die.  Where is our grief and mourning for their passing?  

The impact of one's death upon us is felt more strongly the closer we were to the person.  We become very 'familiar' with those we are close to...in the case of 'family' ... they are those we are most familiar with.  Note the two words familiarity and family.  The loss we have over family is deep...so deep in fact...that often our brains simply cannot handle the finality of not ever seeing that person ...or animal...again.  I think it is in this deep loss state and inability to cope with death in that regard which is responsible originally, and totally, and presently for the allowance of our minds to accept a reality in which they are still alive...somewhere...and in peace.

 

Sudden death is a shock, and especially if not an old person.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
27 minutes ago, Habitat said:

very sorry to hear this, was it unexpected ?  I learnt yesterday of the sudden death of my sister's brother-in-law, just returned from a cruise and dropped dead. 

Yes it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I'll keep it short and simple as I've outlined this quite a few times.

Physics and the Immortality of the Soul

Any questions?

Just one....what if immortality is not physical?      

    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
16 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

I always thought physics said that energy cannot disappear, it just changes?

One good reason to believe in the afterlife in my opinion.

Then why did you say "physics proves there is no afterlife"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
1 hour ago, Jon the frog said:

Well he could have giant shopping mall to destroy in his bloody rage !

Honestly, I'm not sure He would waste so much time and energy! Who knows?

To me He would be an environmentalist, but not a fear-monger.

A realist and a practical person, a good communicator, but above all, not a hypocrite - a person full of integrity and honour, humour and kindness.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
9 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Then why did you say "physics proves there is no afterlife"?

That wasn't me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

We can account for all the energy in your body when you die

Thermodynamics.

And consciousness?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
10 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

That wasn't me.

Oh, pardon me.  You confused me by answering my question to someone else. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

If that's the case, why is it hard for you to fathom one who may have travelled further and refined that down to zero eventually?

Again, that's you. Why would you feel this would apply to everyone? If you want to wander along with rose coloured glasses on, so be it. That doesn't work for everyone.

We are on the same planet right?

I'm actually curious, what exactly is this peace you believe in? A great beyond? A great hope? What exactly?

But peace is not just for me, is it?

My philosophy has been refined down to a handful of things, love, peace and happiness....

With an inner peace there is a stillness and a deeper insight too. 

With love there comes a peace, with peace, a stillness, with a stillness, wisdom, and with wisdom there is skill and integrity.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

And consciousness?

Consciousness isn't energy.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

My brother passed away this morning.

He's gone. No taps, no apparitions, nothing. He's just gone. I know that much. My world's just a bit emptier and quiet.

Sorry to hear this. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daughter of the Nine Moons
5 hours ago, psyche101 said:

My brother passed away this morning.

He's gone. No taps, no apparitions, nothing. He's just gone. I know that much. My world's just a bit emptier and quiet.

I'm very sorry to hear this, my condolences to you and your family.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Consciousness isn't energy.

You think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

You think?

I honestly wonder if you do.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.