Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Crazy Horse

Jesus Today

349 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

third_eye
53 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Uhhh...nope.

You don't get a padded cell unless you commit a crime.

On that note... 

Quote

 

[00.18:02]

~

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Uhhh...nope.

You don't get a padded cell unless you commit a crime.

Depends where you live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
15 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Depends where you live.

Where would that be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
On 11/29/2019 at 2:34 PM, Crazy Horse said:

If the Christ Jesus came back today - how do you think He would react - to todays world?

Would He be pleased, angry or level-headed?

Would He be political or just spiritual?

Would He be out-spoken, again, or just quietly going about His business, helping one person at a time?

Probably would react the same way he is described to have reacted back when.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
On 11/29/2019 at 3:55 PM, Crazy Horse said:

Lol...

So off to the funny farm then!

To my mind, He would be a little smarter than that - but who knows?

 

If you believe he is "the only son of god" then he would know exactly what is going on and either choose not to come or do something "godlike".  What's the point if you believe that?  No real thought experiement there unless you think he was a real person that was later diefied.  Can you help by explaining who you think Jesus was or is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Probably would react the same way he is described to have reacted back when.

I somehow doubt that!

The world has moved on since those times.

Who's to say that Jesus will even be a guy from the Middle East, She could be from Paris, or Peru?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I somehow doubt that!

The world has moved on since those times.

Who's to say that Jesus will even be a guy from the Middle East, She could be from Paris, or Peru?

Who says Jesus even existed in the first place?  All the things that are claimed that he addressed are still going on now.  The difference is the technology and the ability to travel further in shorter time, and the size of social groups, but people on the whole have not changed one bit.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

If you believe he is "the only son of god" then he would know exactly what is going on and either choose not to come or do something "godlike".  What's the point if you believe that?  No real thought experiement there unless you think he was a real person that was later diefied.  Can you help by explaining who you think Jesus was or is?

I am not a Christian per se.

To me Christ was a mystic, a human being who wanted to know the truth for Himself, He found the truth, (coloured by the times and place) and shared it!

That truth was something like, you have the power within, you shall open yourself up to this Divine Inflow through love, and anything I can do, so can you.

The authorities could not allow this message, and so Jesus was lifted up - and put upon a pedestal, and lionised as the one and only son of God.

Which to my mind has emasculated the whole Christian faith. Not the message of Christ, that is still as powerful as ever.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
8 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Who says Jesus even existed in the first place?  All the things that are claimed that he addressed are still going on now.  The difference is the technology and the ability to travel further in shorter time, and the size of social groups, but people on the whole have not changed one bit.

If you don't think Jesus existed, fine, but why participate in this thread? This is supposed to be a thought experiment that I hoped might be interesting and maybe even valuable!

People have changed a lot. In the last 30/40 years, here in Britain even the cops were openly racist for example.

YouTube comments just 5/6/7 years ago were utterly disgusting, know everyone is a spiritual guru lol, which is a good sign.

There is only one constant in the universe, and that is change, change is inevitable!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
7 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

If you don't think Jesus existed, fine, but why participate in this thread? This is supposed to be a thought experiment that I hoped might be interesting and maybe even valuable!

People have changed a lot. In the last 30/40 years, here in Britain even the cops were openly racist for example.

YouTube comments just 5/6/7 years ago were utterly disgusting, know everyone is a spiritual guru lol, which is a good sign.

There is only one constant in the universe, and that is change, change is inevitable!

 

I already stated two possibilities.  You are nit picking my responses.  If you don't want people to suggest things you don't agree with, don't start a thread.  You did not say up front who you thought Jesus was, but you called him "Christ Jesus" that led me to believe that you think he is someone's god's only son sent to teach us, which I mentioned is not a valid thought experiment because there are only two possibilities, since he already knows what is going on.    And if he is a prophet, rather than being god's only son, then he will say the same things he said when he was here last time, which is  still relevant.  That has nothing to do with whether I think he existed or not. 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quiXilver

I'm not going to speculate as to what Jesus would think or do, if he were real and if he were to return.

But Dostoevsky explored the concept in a deeply penetrating, poignant and thorough manner in his book The Brother's Karamosov, in the section known as "The Grand Inquisitor". 

 

In it, Christ returns to Earth at the height of the Inquisition and resumes preaching in the town square.  He is subsequently imprisoned by The Inquisition and while awaiting trial in his cell, he is visited by The Grand Inquisitor.  The conversation between the two is a stunning read.  I recommend it highly.

I have been known to speculate though, on the thoughts of Joseph... 

Mary:  Joseph?

Joseph:  Yea Mary?

Mary: You know how we haven't has sex yet... I'm a virgin?

Joseph:  um...  yes.

Mary:  Well this is gonna sound a little unbelievable but....

 

 

As for me, I am willing to speculate on one particular aspect of the Christ story as it occured to me as a child.  And it's on behalf of Joseph, Jesus' Father.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
On 12/1/2019 at 11:32 PM, Crazy Horse said:

That coming from a guy who posted a plus 2 hour vid to watch - now that really does seem intensely hypocritical.

How is that hypocritical?

How long would it take to type out when you can just sit on your butt and listen?

Why would you insist on all that effort when it's entirely not necessary?

Are you really that much of a lousy lazy ass?

Quote

BTW, I did read your synopsise, and I did ask for some clarification, that never came.

The video is clarification. It's quite clear by your actions that you don't want clarification, you want to be difficult. It seems Sci Nerd came to the same conclusion?

 

You're not fooling anyone but yourself.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
On 12/1/2019 at 11:55 PM, Crazy Horse said:

I would imagine that Jesus would talk about all those things, setting the record straight where needed.

Did you listen to it?

Why would Jesus wonder those things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
21 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It's been like that forever and is right now.

Which armies are surrounding Jerusalem?  All those nations have militaries but that hardly means what I'm speaking of, is it?  I'm saying that when armies are surrounding Jerusalem with the intention of overrunning it and destroying Israel we will know the time is here.

My point about Christ is that people who think He is coming to "argue or plead" are mistaken.  The suffering, meek sacrifice has come and gone.  He will return when humanity is at the threshold of literally annihilating itself from the planet.  Do you grasp the difference, hypothetically speaking?  He is not the one who will rain hell on earth.  He comes to keep us from finishing OURSELVES OFF.  Those who survive will finally be willing to follow Him and His way is pretty clear.  LOVE ONE ANOTHER.  Anyone who thinks of THAT kind of government as tyrannical has something broken inside themselves already.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
27 minutes ago, and then said:

Which armies are surrounding Jerusalem?  All those nations have militaries but that hardly means what I'm speaking of, is it?  I'm saying that when armies are surrounding Jerusalem with the intention of overrunning it and destroying Israel we will know the time is here.

Aren't they religious armies?

Those who kill for their idea of God?

That's exactly what you are speaking of isn't it? Why would ancient writing be referring to today's world of military might ?

27 minutes ago, and then said:

My point about Christ is that people who think He is coming to "argue or plead" are mistaken.  The suffering, meek sacrifice has come and gone.  He will return when humanity is at the threshold of literally annihilating itself from the planet.  Do you grasp the difference, hypothetically speaking?  He is not the one who will rain hell on earth.  He comes to keep us from finishing OURSELVES OFF.  Those who survive will finally be willing to follow Him and His way is pretty clear. 

I already said that my understanding is that his alleged return would be a blood bath for decades. Yeah, I get that. What I don't get is the part about saving is from ourselves now.

Like I said, he gave different religions different orders. How does he face that, and is he going to put Muslims against Christians? Is Armageddon just some sort of grand final for heavenly entertainment? Whatever is the big war actually about in this day and age? Ate you talking about literally war with armies from hell or today's armies considered enemies of God?

27 minutes ago, and then said:

LOVE ONE ANOTHER.  Anyone who thinks of THAT kind of government as tyrannical has something broken inside themselves already.  

Lve one another hey......

Of those who is left after decades of slaughter and subjugated themselves to the winner

Assuming that the God/Christ faction wins, which cannot be determined from this point in time.

The survivors who tow the line are going to love another, just as fundamental cranks do today. Sounds tyrannical to me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Did you listen to it?

Why would Jesus wonder those things?

I can't decide whether he'd still be a chippy or get an arts degree.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
19 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I can't decide whether he'd still be a chippy or get an arts degree.

Magician maybe? Although I've heard that he is not as impressive in person...... 

 

Edited by psyche101
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Why would ancient writing be referring to today's world of military might ?

I realize that all of this is hypothetical for you but I take it as a given event that will happen.  The text isn't relaying specific types of military or their weapons.  The issue is signs being given for His followers to know when they are in the season of His returning.  In the late AD 60s it was Roman legions that surrounded Jerusalem because of an ongoing Jewish revolt against Rome's sovereignty.

That was yet future when Christ spoke of His return.  Most scholars seem to agree that Ezekiel wrote of the same time period for these events.  The armies in question will be REAL armies from Russia, Turkey, Iran and a few other nations who are all Islamic today.  This was written about 2 millennia prior to the advent of Muhammad and Islam.  When these armies invade they will conquer and it will be the most horrific time in the history of the Jewish people.  

So... if you happen to be alive when these armies are seen to surround Jerusalem, you just might see the answers to all of the mysteries you are unable to believe or understand right now.  Think about the likelihood of Sunni (S.A.) and Shia (Iran) joining forces.  The only thing that might create common cause for them would be hatred for the Jews.  In the battle that takes place, 5/6 of the forces arrayed against Israel are wiped out totally.  Part of that carnage happens as a result of internecine conflict:

"I will call for a sword against him to all my mountains, says the Lord Yahweh: every man's sword shall be against his brother."

My guess is that once Israel's defeat is apparent, the Muslims will return to form and will attack each other over the spoils.  

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Whatever is the big war actually about in this day and age? Ate you talking about literally war with armies from hell or today's armies considered enemies of God?

It will be about the subjugation or annihilation of the Jews.  It really is that simple.  The hatred of Arab for Jew is at the center of it all.  Yes, I am actually talking about modern military forces arrayed against the nation of Israel in overwhelming numbers.  Think along the lines of Bush's "coalition of the willing".  

At the center of all human conflict is our base nature and our willingness as a species to subjugate or annihilate rather than to coexist.  This war will not be a matter of decades in its unfolding.  It will occur in 7 years or less.  It will probably begin with a nuclear exchange on some level.  After that, famine, disease and natural disasters will cause roughly 2/3 of 8 billion people to die.  IOW, it will be our nature that nearly ends us.

In the grand scheme, you seem to be saying that you'd rather die shaking your fist at the one who created you than to live in peace with the rest of the survivors.  To each his own choice.  Believing that we are the masters of our own fate is just an illusion anyway.  We barely manage to control ourselves, let alone the fate of our nations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

I can't decide whether he'd still be a chippy or get an arts degree.

Arts degree

The Anointed One: Did Jesus Perform His Miracles with Cannabis Oil?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
On 12/2/2019 at 4:13 PM, Desertrat56 said:

Probably would react the same way he is described to have reacted back when.

You don't think He would have learnt anything in the preceding 2000 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
On 12/3/2019 at 3:11 AM, Golden Duck said:

I can't decide whether he'd still be a chippy or get an arts degree.

He would be a healer - in every sense of the Word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
14 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

You don't think He would have learnt anything in the preceding 2000 years?

I don't think he existed in the first place.  If he had, he would not come back.  That is my opinion.  "Why bother?"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I don't think he existed in the first place.  If he had, he would not come back.  That is my opinion.  "Why bother?"

 

That's fine, it was only a thought experiment....

But, "Why bother?"

The world is burning, so somebody is going to have to do some flipping thing - no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

That's fine, it was only a thought experiment....

But, "Why bother?"

The world is burning, so somebody is going to have to do some flipping thing - no?

He caused the Flood...on purpose...that killed all but 3 or 4 people and most wildlife....

Why would he care about the world burning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
3 minutes ago, joc said:

He caused the Flood...on purpose...that killed all but 3 or 4 people and most wildlife....

Why would he care about the world burning?

I'm not sure Jesus caused the Flood?

But anyway.

Forget the past, I am asking how Jesus might be today?

Whichever Jesus you believe in, or don't believe in....

Would He be political, or purely spiritual? That's an interesting question for me at least!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.