Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother spots 'ghost' woman watching her kids

UM-Bot

16 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Funny story. But surely it can't be that difficult to recognise one's self on video.

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 4

Another one where I'm really glad the person admitted they were wrong. Again, we need more of that in the paranormal event reporting 'community'.
We need less people intentionally or unintentionally forwarding misinformation.
On another note, this also shows how easy it is to fool one's self and go by that fearful, panicked, and instinctual gut reaction to an image or event. We're hard-wired to fight or flee first, and think about stuff later. This alone creates so many false positives in paranormal study and reporting.

• Like 5

A really good story to tell at parties and family gatherings. :tu:

• Like 2

I gather she's never looked in a mirror?

My first reaction was to agree with the posters who question why she didn't recognize herself, but then I remember the times I've seen myself on some CCTV monitor in a store and wonder who's that old fat guy? It takes a few seconds before I realize it's me and I often recognize my shirt first. If I panicked and ran out of the room in a split second it might never occur to me that it's me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Big Jim said:

My first reaction was to agree with the posters who question why she didn't recognize herself, but then I remember the times I've seen myself on some CCTV monitor in a store and wonder who's that old fat guy? It takes a few seconds before I realize it's me and I often recognize my shirt first. If I panicked and ran out of the room in a split second it might never occur to me that it's me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's ever done that! :lol:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Big Jim said:

Exactly. Most of us only see ourselves in the mirror every morning or in the occasional photo (really superficial 'influencers' and selfie-masters aside...) Never on camera from a fixed overhead and far away viewpoint that's supposed to be 'live'. I don't know what I really look like, aside from when I shave, wash my face, brush my teeth, etc. It took me years to learn I have a bald spot, LMAO.

• Haha 1