Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal existence.

nemesis2473

2 hours ago, lightly said:

So true ..  When she gets quiet, is when I know I'm in BIG trouble !  

And if she responds to a statement with "It's FINE.", you'd better run!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

And if she responds to a statement with "It's FINE.", you'd better run!

LOL !   Exactly.     You know her !?

52 minutes ago, lightly said:

LOL !   Exactly.     You know her !?

ROFL!  

Honey, "It's fine" is girl talk for: You had better not, if you know what's good for you!

Anniversary weekend: "Hey hun, me and the guys were planning a fishing trip for this weekend, is that ok?"

Her: It's fine. (translation: if you go, I'm changing the locks and calling a lawyer...)

This has been a PSA for the clueless guys. You're welcome. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Once upon a time......John called from the titty bar......   Me.." It's John, he's down at the crossroads and wants me to come down".        Her... (Looked at me)     Me.. " I guess not John" .    

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, lightly said:

Once upon a time......John called from the titty bar......   Me.." It's John, he's down at the crossroads and wants me to come down".        Her... (Looked at me)     Me.. " I guess not John" .    

:lol:

See? you translated her language perfectly!

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Paranormal is outside of 'normal'. Our tests are run inside of 'normal'. Same with god. If we were able to test them they would cease to be paranormal  or devine and we would have dominion over god...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, SoWhatNow said:

Paranormal is outside of 'normal'. Our tests are run inside of 'normal'. Same with god. If we were able to test them they would cease to be paranormal  or devine and we would have dominion over god...

There is only one place those things exist, in our minds. A product of our imaginations and fueled by belief. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

There is only one place those things exist, in our minds. A product of our imaginations and fueled by belief. 

Yes in our minds. But I would say comprehended with aid from our imaginations and fueled by holy spirit.

Would anyone give up the parts of them that are bound to this corrupted reality, like the body, reason, logic and self for something only understood in abstract thought? That is the whole point of spiritual endeavors, and the only reason it has power to set us free.

1 hour ago, SoWhatNow said:

Yes in our minds. But I would say comprehended with aid from our imaginations and fueled by holy spirit.

Would anyone give up the parts of them that are bound to this corrupted reality, like the body, reason, logic and self for something only understood in abstract thought? That is the whole point of spiritual endeavors, and the only reason it has power to set us free.

So what now then?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, SoWhatNow said:

Free from what? It's just switching one paradigm for another. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Free from what? It's just switching one paradigm for another. 

Free from whatever is trapping and binding your spirit to this cursed place and body. This paradigm is not focused on material things that have no hope.

Just now, SoWhatNow said:

Free from whatever is trapping and binding your spirit to this cursed place and body. This paradigm is not focused on material things that have no hope.

No matter what you shift towards you shall then be bound to that idea. Even if its not focused on a material existence, it's still focused on the self and the self can not be vanquished. At least not till death. Cursed place and body, yet how many actively try to make this world and life a better place? No, what you speak of is escapism born out of fear, the fear to live life. Live through the pain, the suffering, and try to make something better for yourself. It is fear of existence that cause people to strive for the holy. Yet, despite that desire those who wish godly things are always lacking, always wishing, always desiring. Never to be satisfied. It's just another hell they've created. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SoWhatNow said:

Welcome to the boards. Sorry to hear that you think life is cursed.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, SoWhatNow said:

One of the best posts I've seen on these boards, a few people need to digest it. 

12 hours ago, SoWhatNow said:

Nobody but you can answer that.

Passing the buck aren't you?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

No matter what you shift towards you shall then be bound to that idea. Even if its not focused on a material existence, it's still focused on the self and the self can not be vanquished. At least not till death. Cursed place and body, yet how many actively try to make this world and life a better place? No, what you speak of is escapism born out of fear, the fear to live life. Live through the pain, the suffering, and try to make something better for yourself. It is fear of existence that cause people to strive for the holy. Yet, despite that desire those who wish godly things are always lacking, always wishing, always desiring. Never to be satisfied. It's just another hell they've created. 

It is only escapism if I could change my body into a spirit and leave this place. But just like you I am living this life, and will die. 

When you talk about always lacking, wishing and desiring that is the material self speaking.

The body is selfish and is bound, always desiring, but the spirit can be selfless, free and content. As one grows in importance the other diminishes, it is up to the individual where to draw the line.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 5:53 AM, nemesis2473 said:

I know of a paranormal energy, that manifests in the form of wind, whenever I look at any live camera, or camera feed. 100% serious. Its not something that can hardly be noticed, it is very powerful (scary). For instance when watching a live beach camera, extremely large waves start forming and crashing against the shores. And it seems to be getting more powerful over time. This might be the first case of paranormal existence ever. (I can prove these claims, easily!)

You can prove...there are waves...at the beach?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Welcome to the boards. Sorry to hear that you think life is cursed.

Thanks. Something in me tells me it's not right, and I want to know that part better lol

6 minutes ago, SoWhatNow said:

It is only escapism if I could change my body into a spirit and leave this place. But just like you I am living this life, and will die. 

When you talk about always lacking, wishing and desiring that is the material self speaking.

The body is selfish and is bound, always desiring, but the spirit can be selfless, free and content. As one grows in importance the other diminishes, it is up to the individual where to draw the line.

Then you've bound yourself to an idea. That idea is of the flesh being corrupt and the spirit pure. So let me break this down for you. The flesh is our mortal vessel, the spirit is motive force (bioelectric energy created from food sources), the soul is consciousness. This is one single unit. Once it dies, all of it dies. The only thing you have is the now, this one continuous moment. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SoWhatNow said:

. But just like you I am living this life, and will die. 

And there, is the quintessential need for belief: the fear of death and dissolution.

One is born into a world that has existed before your arrival. One lives for a time, and then dies. The world goes on without you.

For example.

You get a job at a major corporation that has been around since before you were born, You work there for 20 years, do good work, and receive the rewards of your efforts. Then you retire. Does the company fold because you left? Nope. It was making profits before you came along, and will probably continue after you're gone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, SoWhatNow said:

Thanks. Something in me tells me it's not right, and I want to know that part better lol

There's something to be said for not getting too attached to the material.

On the other hand, we are here. There's no sense in making ourselves miserable about it. 

Everything reminds me of a song...

Edited by GlitterRose
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, SoWhatNow said:

Fish much for ammunition?

No, not really.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Then you've bound yourself to an idea. That idea is of the flesh being corrupt and the spirit pure. So let me break this down for you. The flesh is our mortal vessel, the spirit is motive force (bioelectric energy created from food sources), the soul is consciousness. This is one single unit. Once it dies, all of it dies. The only thing you have is the now, this one continuous moment. 

Thanks for that. If your cup is already full there is no point in discussing it further. I will empty mine a bit and consider what you've said.