Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Bilocating Nun

Amita

My inclination is to tie this in with the Our Lady of Guadeloupe story of the miraculous image of Mary and her appearance to a poor peasant man.

My thought is that at this time there was a concerted effort by the higher planes to bring Christianity to the native Americans that had no previous exposure. I hold Christianity at its core to be a positive thing. 

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Amita said:

Quite a series of events that occurred in the 1620s:  https://www.traditioninaction.org/History/B_013_Agreda_1.html

This is a ultra-conservative Catholic Eurocentric site that justifies imperialism and genocide while stomping the rights of women. 

Tradition In Action is committed to defend the perennial Magisterium of Holy Mother Church and Catholic traditions. TIA also works for a restoration of Christian Civilization, adapted to contemporary historical circumstances.

Agreda was a Spanish "mystical imperialism" fraud........

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

My thought is that at this time there was a concerted effort by the higher planes to bring Christianity to the native Americans that had no previous exposure. I hold Christianity at its core to be a positive thing. 

I had to quote this for it's sheer idiocy..........

@third_eye  Would you call this the Theosophist version of genocide denial? 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

Talk about changing the subject to your pet subjects....Sheeesh

Edited by papageorge1

11 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm not changing the subject one bit. To suggest we needed Christianity and it was deemed from a higher power when in actuality they tried to wipe us out and then our language, culture and religion is pure ignorance.

****ing missionary school tried to beat and sodomize the language and religion out of my grandfather. Did a higher plane deem that? 

Notice I said the ‘core of Christianity is positive’. I’ll stand by that. And the subject is supposed to be the bi-locating nun miracle.

Seems like interesting stuff on that front.

Notice I said the ‘core of Christianity is positive’. I’ll stand by that. And the subject is supposed to be the bi-locating nun miracle.

The core of Christianity was a good thing, but it's as far away from Catholicism as one can get.

It's been extinct since Pauline Christianity erased it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Piney said:

The core of Christianity was a good thing, but it's as far away from Catholicism as one can get.

It's been extinct since Pauline Christianity erased it. 

Any thoughts on this bi-locating nun. No reason to think she wasn't a good person.

Any thoughts on this bi-locating nun. No reason to think she wasn't a good person.

Her descriptions were off the mark. My former boss at the museum wrote a article on it but I haven't been able to locate it and he's deceased.

As for nuns, I haven't met any baddies,  but only know of one. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Piney said:

Her descriptions were off the mark. My former boss at the museum wrote a article on it but I haven't been able to locate it and he's deceased.

Apparently this was carefully studies and over 500 bi-location events.

Here's the Wikipedia article on her: Mary of Jesus of Ágreda

To add to the bi-location she also experienced incorruptibility of her remains and was a mystic. 

Edited by papageorge1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I have no trust in RationalWiki

:unsure2:

Show me the mistakes, I'll fix them. ^_^

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Piney said:

Absolutely, usually referenced as "collective convenient amnesia"

~

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Amita said:

A Catholic missionary to Native Americans of Southwest territories. She never left her convent in Spain, but was seen and taught Catholicism to natives hundreds of times.

Quite a series of events that occurred in the 1620s:  https://www.traditioninaction.org/History/B_013_Agreda_1.html

It an interesting story, but I think it's more fictional than anything else. But I am not attacking anyone's religious beliefs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There are other sites and books and videos about her.  Many modern Catholics, especially the higher ups, reject her visions.

But Piney's prejudice is ignoring the testimony, then (and now) of natives seeing the Lady in Blue.  One such uncomfortable fact is that the natives approached some Catholics of that era and begged them to send a priest - they wished to be baptized etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBG32YvymEk

Another site about the Jumanos tribe that knew her:   https://mariadeagreda.webs.com/jumanos.htm

Edited by Amita
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Amita said:

One such uncomfortable fact is that the natives approached some Catholics of that era and begged them to send a priest - they wished to be baptized etc.

Spanish propaganda.

8 minutes ago, Amita said:

Piney's prejudice

Your the one always posting Theosophist "White Man's Burden" links. 

9 minutes ago, Amita said:

Many modern Catholics, especially the higher ups, reject her visions.

Because there is too many holes in her story. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Amita said:

Piney's prejudice

Have you read some of the articles in your original link? 

The homophobia, genocide justification, bias against woman and Anti-Semitism pretty much says it all. :yes:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, Piney said:

Spanish propaganda.

Your the one always posting Theosophist "White Man's Burden" links. 

Because there are too many holes in her story. 

The Church's opposition is based on theological reasons.  Sor Maria's huge mystical biography of Mary, mother of Jesus had too many conflicting ideas.  Mystics often are ignored or given the Inquisition treatment, as was Sor Maria.

I am interested mainly in her bilocations.

Edited by Amita
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Amita said:

Sor Maria's huge mystical biography of Mary, mother of Jesus had too many conflicting ideas.

That's a understatement.

2 hours ago, Amita said:

I am interested mainly in her bilocations.

From what I read the person has to have a close connection to whoever is seeing the vision.  Which is why I have total doubts.

It reads too much like Pious Fraud and the Catholic Church wrote the book on it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"give generously"

Nuns needs to fly with personal private jets too... 

~

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Amita said:

There are other sites and books and videos about her.  Many modern Catholics, especially the higher ups, reject her visions.

But Piney's prejudice is ignoring the testimony, then (and now) of natives seeing the Lady in Blue.  One such uncomfortable fact is that the natives approached some Catholics of that era and begged them to send a priest - they wished to be baptized etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBG32YvymEk

Another site about the Jumanos tribe that knew her:   https://mariadeagreda.webs.com/jumanos.htm

I am neither callous to Native Americans ( @Piney 's overemotional insinuation always)  nor anti-Catholic (piney's actual position apparently)  in this thread but more interested in what this thread is about; the psychic ability of bilocation. I do believe beyond reasonable doubt (prior to this thread) in the psychic ability of bilocation. Also from other events I believe miracles happened too during those times involving Native Americans and Mary. I believe the love between Mary and some Native Americans is real and strong and a positive thing.

So I've read only a small amount on this Mary of Agreda and the evidence that bilocation occurred seems to be rather strong. But for me, being a believer in both bilocation and Marian miracles, my thinking that this is of high likelihood is not the great stretch it would be for non-believers.

In fact I believe there are psychic doppelgangers of just regular people even in modern times. Family members and friends report these events and share stories in this internet age.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1