Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagrams painted on sheep in occult killing

UM-Bot

This is a crime done by a messed up person or people. It's not really 'occult' related at all. For one thing, actual people into the Occult don't use symbols like upside-down crosses, the number 666, etc. That's all straight from 80's and 90's Satanic Panic headlines and cheesy metal band album cover art.
Animal sacrifices do happen, sometimes even legally, and that scene is VERY different than what's described in this story.

Hopefully the police in that area know to look for antisocial, abusive a**holes, and not the neighborhood Wiccans, Pagans, LARPers, Goths, and Aleister Crowley fanboys.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this was done by some jaded local(s) under 25 with sociopathic tendencies who's: a) Ignorant, and b) angry at their Christian family/neighborhood. Heck, it's probably someone who's been forced to go to the very church that was 'defiled'.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 6

The paint was BBQ sauce, but they forgot the lighter for the fire.... but beside joking...a lot of messed people roaming around. 

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Seti42 said:

This is a crime done by a messed up person or people. It's not really 'occult' related at all. For one thing, actual people into the Occult don't use symbols like upside-down crosses, the number 666, etc. That's all straight from 80's and 90's Satanic Panic headlines and cheesy metal band album cover art.
Animal sacrifices do happen, sometimes even legally, and that scene is VERY different than what's described in this story.

Hopefully the police in that area know to look for antisocial, abusive a**holes, and not the neighborhood Wiccans, Pagans, LARPers, Goths, and Aleister Crowley fanboys.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this was done by some jaded local(s) under 25 with sociopathic tendencies who's: a) Ignorant, and b) angry at their Christian family/neighborhood. Heck, it's probably someone who's been forced to go to the very church that was 'defiled'.

Exactly. There are also plenty out there who like to stir the pot and commit false flag attacks to try and turn the community against pagans. No one would simply discard an offering out in the open to be found like this, unless it was specifically designed to make headlines. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

Exactly. There are also plenty out there who like to stir the pot and commit false flag attacks to try and turn the community against pagans. No one would simply discard an offering out in the open to be found like this, unless it was specifically designed to make headlines. 

Good point. And scary. I didn't even think of the 'false flag' idea. I could see that happening in many communities to demonize Pagans, Wiccans, etc. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Good point. And scary. I didn't even think of the 'false flag' idea. I could see that happening in many communities to demonize Pagans, Wiccans, etc. 

Spend a little time in the South (bible belt) and you'll get to see all sorts of ways humans are willing to treat each other in the name of their 'beliefs'. 

• Like 1

What's interesting is I was just watching  Geraldo Rivera's special on Satanic crimes.  What craziness. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2019 at 10:37 AM, Calibeliever said:

Spend a little time in the South (bible belt) and you'll get to see all sorts of ways humans are willing to treat each other in the name of their 'beliefs'. 

I've driven through the "bible belt" a few times. Everyone I met was very friendly and hospitable - whatever their beliefs are, I hope they spread.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I've driven through the "bible belt" a few times. Everyone I met was very friendly and hospitable - whatever their beliefs are, I hope they spread.

That's the south for you. Everyone is always very "friendly" and hospitable on the surface, especially to Yankees. Just don't cross them. Source: married to a southerner lol :)

• Haha 2

Good Lord :( I live in the South, Louisiana back roads where there is a church for about every five houses it seems like. Some folks are weird, some are totally nice, like anywhere else in the country. 

These "sacrifices" aren't Pagan. It is not religion, it is mental illness. 

• Like 2

No offense to my southern friends and family. The events I'm referring to specifically took place in Arkansas a few years back and affected people I know. I generalized in jest and certainly don't hold "the south" responsible, especially if I want dinner tonight. 

• Like 2

Poor sheep and cows :no:

Even though this sort of thing has been going on for decades, I am still shocked when some person(s) decide to go off and do such a horrific thing for whatever reason(s). It’s fortunate this seems to happen fairly rarely. Usually seems to be the rare sick person/group, or some young folks really messed up into their own little clique/cult.

• Like 3

I saw a bright pink sheep the other day, looked really cool but I think the farmer had just overdone it on the marking paint

(bit off the track sorry)

Edited by QuickQuickSlow
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 1:21 PM, rashore said:

Poor sheep and cows :no:

Even though this sort of thing has been going on for decades, I am still shocked when some person(s) decide to go off and do such a horrific thing for whatever reason(s). It’s fortunate this seems to happen fairly rarely. Usually seems to be the rare sick person/group, or some young folks really messed up into their own little clique/cult.

Poor sheep and cows. What did they ever do to anybody?

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 1:10 PM, Calibeliever said:

That's the south for you. Everyone is always very "friendly" and hospitable on the surface, especially to Yankees. Just don't cross them. Source: married to a southerner lol :)

This would be correct and yes, do not anger us. We are a bit "temper-mental". 

• Like 1