Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ex-CIA sentenced for spying for China.

spartan max2

Traitor.

A former CIA officer was sentenced to nearly two decades in a federal prison Friday for conspiracy to spy for China.

Jerry Chun Shing Lee, a naturalized U.S. citizen who was born in Hong Kong and grew up in Hawaii, was sentenced to 19 years for conspiracy to deliver national defense information to aid a foreign government.

Alot of money lol

In all, Lee received more than $840,000 from Chinese intelligence officers, according to court documents.

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/22/782081965/ex-cia-officer-sentenced-to-19-years-for-conspiracy-to-spy-for-china

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Again, half the story, half the truth, full of deceitful... 

~

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, third_eye said:

What's the full skinny on this? 

25 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

I too am curious as to what you are referring to?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

What's the full skinny on this? 

It's a long one, I gotta get to work, the short of the lengthy of it was this one was specifically planted in Hongkong to dig in China, then he was "released" by the CIA as bait for China, he became a double agent but China got the job done better and the Hong Kong operatives were totally cleaned up, some say as bait to get more behind China firewall (not conclusive) 

The solid of what is known so far is CIA, NDE & NID is fuming because they lost Hong Kong operations, then that UK operative got arrested for whoring when he was supposed to be running the riots in Hong Kong, that was the second wave of HK unrest, he claimed he was tortured, then humiliated when evidence from his confession proves he was not,  US Congress got involved, Joshua got the job and this one was pulled out of operation and jailed. Then the xinjiang papers was released, another "spy" in Australia revealed the "evil" of China then proved to be a fugitive on the run from the law both in China and Hong Kong trying for political asylum by telling tall tales. His stories didn't fit but the media wasn't given time to fact check or maybe they didn't care

I gotta get to work, you folks work it out 

:lol:

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I too am curious as to what you are referring to?

This whole thing reminded me of something I heard at SAS Home in North Yorkshire. A former Polish KGB officer who was working as a contractor for CM said 

"If we had the American propaganda machine the Eastern Bloc would of never fell".

Think hard on that.....

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Piney said:

This whole thing reminded me of something I heard at SAS Home in North Yorkshire. A former Polish KGB officer who was working as a contractor for CM said 

"If we had the American propaganda machine the Eastern Bloc would of never fell".

Think hard on that.....

That is a ridiculous statement. The Eastern block fell because it was a **** place that had to lock it's people in to stop them from leaving. 

I naturally will distrust any Authoritarian nation like China.

China has a firewall to block outside influence, China bans dissidents and has a state ran media.

I trust places where people are free to speak their minds. 

And the article isn't propoganda, if you guys bothered to read it. Third eyes statement didn't add anything to what the article already speculates. Other them him going on about other stories that are not part of the article. And him trying to suggest that the millions of HK protesters are from a couple American agents lol.

As NPR's Greg Myre reported earlier this year,

"From 2010 to 2012, a dozen or more Chinese citizens secretly cooperating with the CIA were arrested and either jailed or executed by the Chinese government, according to media reports and former CIA officials.

"This was a major blow to CIA operations in China, and there has been considerable speculation about whether Lee might have played a role. Some media reports said Lee was a leading suspect in the CIA's hunt for a mole, while others have suggested that the Chinese may have broken into a CIA communications system, which led them to the spies."

Edited by spartan max2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

My stepfather was American special ops for 25 years. My uncle, British. I worked as a PMC for 10 around special ops guys from 4 countries. 

I distrust ALL governments. They're all full of crap. 

There is 3 sides to every story. Never forget that. 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

My stepfather was American special ops for 25 years. My uncle, British. I worked as a PMC for 10 around special ops guys from 4 countries. 

I distrust ALL governments. They're all full of crap. 

There is 3 sides to every story. Never forget that. 

"There are two sides to every story and the truth normally lies somewhere in the middle". 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, spartan max2 said:

"There are two sides to every story and then there is the truth". 

Exactly, and knowing the Puzzle Palace Spooks my papa use to fly around, I wouldn't be surprised they are stirring the pot. In Hong Kong too.

They were some morally filthy people..... SCUMBAGS! 

• Thanks 3

Just now, Piney said:

Exactly, and knowing the Puzzle Palace Spooks my papa use to fly around, I wouldn't be surprised they are stirring the pot. In Hong Kong too.

They were some morally filthy people..... SCUMBAGS! 

Stirring the pot sure. I have no illusions that we do not have operatives and special forces trying to influence places.

Just like China works to influence the system in places like Tiawan, Thiland, Korea, Hong Kong etc. 

I am skeptical of my own governments reports and all governments.

But nation's like China, who do not let their own people speak dissidents, will always get much more mistrust and skepticism from me. If you silence all dissident thoughts and reports then how can I possible trust anything you say.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Stirring the pot sure. I have no illusions that we do not have operatives and special forces trying to influence places.

We have operatives and special forces involved in the drug and illegal antiquities trade, as with the British......hence the need to keep China out of Hong Kong. 

• Like 1

I would also like to add that even if we have a few operatives in HK to encourage the Pro-Democracy people that is does not take away from the fact millions, literally millions, of HKers want change and have been struggling for it for years. 

To credit all that to a few Yankees would be silly. They can't start an entire movement, just support what's there.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

We have operatives and special forces involved in the drug and illegal antiquities trade, as with the British......hence the need to keep China out of Hong Kong. 

I don't really have a way to disprove or prove that statement. 

But even if the governments intentions aren't pure, the millions of protesters and citizens around the world who support them are. Sure a few in the group at probably thugs or people with business interest.

But there are millions of them. If someone believes millions of people who want change are all corrupt POS then that's not logical that's just hate.

As I have said before, I've never had to fight for my right to criticise my goverment, to vote, for any of it.

The HKers are trying to get increased voting rights and to keep the democratic style freedoms they have. I will support them in it.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

I don't really have a way to disprove or prove that statement. 

It's "out there". You just have to look for it. 

• Thanks 2

What gives these "millions" more equal than "more millions if not billions" is what I wanna know, all are created equal and all that crap, not to mention democratically speaking of course... 

~

Just got this link from a pal in Hongkong... The math of greenback primaries.. 

[00.20:54]

~

Edited by third_eye
Added clip
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

That is a ridiculous statement. The Eastern block fell because it was a **** place that had to lock it's people in to stop them from leaving. 

China has a firewall to block outside influence, China bans dissidents and has a state ran media.

I trust places where people are free to speak their minds. 

And the article isn't propoganda, if you guys bothered to read it. Third eyes statement didn't add anything to what the article already speculates. Other them him going on about other stories that are not part of the article. And him trying to suggest that the millions of HK protesters are from a couple American agents lol.

Honestly, I can't wait for the day you turn full-on liberal. You're nearly there but I suspect you've had some sort of conservative influence in your life that keeps pulling you back.

The morality displayed in your posts just doesn't compute with the authoritarian mindset of most conservatives.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I would also like to add that even if we have a few operatives in HK to encourage the Pro-Democracy people that is does not take away from the fact millions, literally millions, of HKers want change and have been struggling for it for years. 

To credit all that to a few Yankees would be silly. They can't start an entire movement, just support what's there.

I have a hard time understanding what the motive would be. Why would the UK or any other major country want an unstable China? Why would they want to manufacture a Hong Kong rebellion or revolution? An unstable China is quite possibly one of the scariest things I can imagine in the world.

Besides, it doesn't align with the monumental support for the protests among the population. There really doesn't seem to be any need for foreign actors to move along the movement.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

Ask the CIA and the US government... 

Expanding Worker Rights and Democracy

Solidarity Center (SC)

$155,000

To expand worker rights and democracy and promote the development of civil society in Hong Kong. The center will support partners to strengthen the capacity of trade unions, including migrant and domestic worker unions, to organize, bargain and advocate for better protections for workers, and to raise public awareness and promote participation in worker rights issues.

Promoting Engagement of Fundamental Rights

National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI)

$200,000

To facilitate engagement on Hong Kong’s growing threats to guaranteed rights. The institute will organize a seminar series in Hong Kong on how national security can be protected while safeguarding fundamental rights and will facilitate international advocacy for Hong Kong scholars, legal practitioners, and civil society leaders to raise awareness of recent developments among influential international stakeholders.

Strengthening Democratic Institutions and Human Rights Protection

Hong Kong Justice Center

$90,000

To strengthen democratic institutions and human rights protections. The program will work with civil society networks and political leaders to improve compliance with international standards for human rights, and will seek to increase the international community’s awareness of human rights abuses in Hong Kong through advocacy and as part of the Universal Periodic Review process

~

American tax payers money after all... 

~

More than likely... 

The cost of the Hong Kong protests: The Star columnist

In his commentary, the writer discusses how US organisation, National Endowment for Democracy (NED), and media tycoon Jimmy Lai have been accused of funding the protests.

Wong Chun Wai

~

Edited by third_eye
Addendum
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Honestly, I can't wait for the day you turn full-on liberal. You're nearly there but I suspect you've had some sort of conservative influence in your life that keeps pulling you back.

The morality displayed in your posts just doesn't compute with the authoritarian mindset of most conservatives.

Haha don't wish too much, I have always been pretty right when it comes to economics. 

My mom's a special education teacher who came from a dirt poor family (and a single mom who was an abusive POS).

And my dad was a business man who never went to college that came from a military family.

And then my current GF is liberal though I often point out to her that she's not as liberal and she thinks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I have a hard time understanding what the motive would be. Why would the UK or any other major country want an unstable China? Why would they want to manufacture a Hong Kong rebellion or revolution? An unstable China is quite possibly one of the scariest things I can imagine in the world.

Besides, it doesn't align with the monumental support for the protests among the population. There really doesn't seem to be any need for foreign actors to move along the movement.

The U.S is just used as a boogyman so China can ignore the protesters demands and complaints as real.

It seems similar to how in the U.S during the civil Rights movement, Opposition would try to point out how there are some communist involved in MLK's group as a way to discredit the movement. And like sure, there probably were a few, but it didn't take away from what the civil rights movement was about.

Also similar to the start of labor unions in the U.S. Same method to try and discredit. Though any communist involved with them were dissapointed when at the end of the day the workers just wanted better pay and work conditions, not some crazy communist revolt. 

It's the same thing China is trying to do with the HK Pro-Democracy people now. To discredit an entire movement. Sure, a couple U.S agents might be around. Unproven, but for arguments sake let's say sure. 

But that does not take away from the fact millions of HK people demand change.  MILLIONS. 

As I have said before, it is so intellectually lazy to try and credit a massive social movement on a couple Yankees lol.

It's actually insulting to the millions of protesters and activist struggling every day in HK.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Ask the CIA and the US government... 

NED ORG LINK

~

American tax payers money after all... 

~

That entire money is less then China paid the one Ex-CIA agent :lol: lol. Plus we all know China has agents involved in HK, after all "HK is part of China" 

Also, those all sounds like organizations worth donating to. Organizations that want human rights, labour unions, and democracy. 

Millions of people demand change. China created the conditions for that. 

China wants to use the U.S as a boogyman so they can ignore the will of HK people. They want to act like the donation of a few hundred thousand to some HK nonprofits caused these massive social movements.

Good luck with that. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

That entire money is less then China paid the one Ex-CIA agent :lol: lol. Plus we all know China has agents involved in HK, after all "HK is part of China" 

All you're doing is proving the hypocrisy of your position, you're proud of that, just admit it and don't moan when it's said to be not something to be proud of. 

~

Also, those all sounds like organizations worth donating to. Organizations that want human rights, labour unions, and democracy. 

Rioting, wanton destruction of private and public properties and undermining governments for regime change too? 

Sure, it's your tax payers money... 

Not sure Hong Kong blood is something you can afford though, in case you aren't sure, Hong Kong is not for sale... 

~

Millions of people demand change. China created the conditions for that. 

Millions more of Americans demands that Trump be impeached, removed and jailed, doesn't seem to matter any do far does it? 

~

China wants to use the U.S as a boogyman so they can ignore the will of HK people. They want to act like the donation of a few hundred thousand to some HK nonprofits caused these massive social movements.

Good luck with that. 

You keep smothering yourself with your lies, you're not stupid, you know full well what's going on, that you have nothing but to resort to lies just goes to show your hypocrisy is all that you have. 

You keep your luck, your government needs it more, but thanks for the thought and Merry Christmas 

~

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

Rioting, wanton destruction of private and public properties and undermining governments for regime change too? 

~

Once again, you are doing a purposeful mis-characterization of the protesters.

You ignore the hundreds of thousands of peaceful protesters every weekend. While you deny any and all forms of police brutality or violence against Pro-Democracy protesters and politicians. 

It's not even regime change. The protesters have 5 clear common sense demands lol.

The elections show the majority of them want these changes.

But seeing how you and the police dehumanize them and call them cockroaches, you don't care. 

The HKers deserve to have the demands freedoms they are fighting for.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

I don't understand why this has spun into a discussion of Hong Kong. 

There was an american citizen of Chinese ancestry, a former CIA operative,  who decided to sell confidential information - possibly including the names of CIA assets in China - to the Chinese government for money. It seems all very simple to me ? 

• Like 1