Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fictional haunted houses on TV and in Movies

ghostphoria

I would like to ask people about their favorite fictional haunted houses on TV and in movies. As movies, I would say my favorites are The Haunting (1963 version) and The Others. On TV, I would say The Ghosts of Motley Hall (a children's UK TV series from the '70s), and The Stalls of Barchester (the first of the BBC's Ghost Story for Christmas strand, also from the '70s).

How about you?

thehaunting.jpg

theothers.jpg

ghostsofmotleyhall.jpg

stallsofbarchester.jpg

• Like 3

This is my favorite

51dI8GgibUL._SY445_.jpg

p24224_v_v8_aa.jpg

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

Another one I think is really underrated too

MV5BNDYwMTUxNjk5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTM5

It feels like a house in the movie.

• Like 2

I actually watched the start of The Innkeepers but was put off from watching the rest by a comment I happened to read. This said that the ghosts were just hallucinations seen by the (mentally disturbed) heroine. However, I then read another comment which claimed that there's a brief shot at the end of the film which proves the ghosts are real. Are the ghosts real or not (or is it left undecided)?

2 minutes ago, ghostphoria said:

I actually watched the start of The Innkeepers but was put off from watching the rest by a comment I happened to read. This said that the ghosts were just hallucinations seen by the (mentally disturbed) heroine. However, I then read another comment which claimed that there's a brief shot at the end of the film which proves the ghosts are real. Are the ghosts real or not (or is it left undecided)?

I have a terrible memory so I apologize if im wrong but I dont recall ever thinking they werent real and dont recall mental illness either. Physical health does play a role in the movie but I really dont recall mental health. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love a good comedy set in a haunted house.

blithe.png

gene.png

Beetlejuice.png

hmansion.png

Hilarious scene from 'Ghosts'.

• Like 1

I watched the BBC "Ghosts" series and found it very entertaining. It's similar in a way to The Ghosts of Motley Hall, except more for adults rather than children. I'm a big fan of the traditional haunted house trope. Being British, If the house in question is an old manor somewhere in the UK, then that gets a few extra brownie points straight away!

• Like 1

712hcsW4x2L._SL1470_.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Poltergeist

• Like 3

I loved watching The Haunting (1963) but I have to say The Haunted Palace with Vincent Price is my all-time favorite.  

hauntedpalace.jpg.d56456fd0ea59e2cffddded9ae46185e.jpg

• Like 1

It's gotta be the Overlook Hotel.

Not entirely fictional, though. 

On 12/2/2019 at 10:42 PM, Farmer77 said:

Another one I think is really underrated too

MV5BNDYwMTUxNjk5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTM5

It feels like a house in the movie.

I have not seen this. I always love finding out about scary movies I haven't seen.

• Like 1