Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

HollyWeird

jypsijemini

DISCLAIMER: These are ONLY theories. Any participants in this discussion are aware that their claims are predominantly unsubstantiated or purely based off observation, personal opinion and/or speculation. Therefore, there's no need to have your 2-cents worth just to tell us that we're wrong. This is not a "provide proof" thread. Of course we could be wrong. In some cases, we hope we're wrong! But sometimes it's just for pure entertainment and a bit of friendly conversation to discuss these ideas and theories.

Call it what you want: mental illness, MK Ultra, mind-control, programming, drug psychosis or even just the curse of fame-and-fortune...

But something really weird, really sinister and really disturbing is going down in Hollywood, LA.

Outing Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey were huge breakthroughs in publicly uncovering the rape culture and pedophilic underground of Tinseltown. Yet they only scratched the surface. Larry King, Ryan Seacrest, Sylvester Stallone, Bill Cosby, Louis CK, John Travolta, Charlie Sheen, Steven Segal, Dustin Hoffman, Ben Affleck, Andy Dick and celebrity photographer Terry Richardson are amongst a slew of other celebrities accused of sexually abusing co-stars, fans and strangers.

Then you have all the untimely deaths. The 27 Club. A string of apparent suicides (Chester Bennington, Chris Cornell, Robin Williams, Avicii, Kurt Cobain). Shocking overdoses (Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Winehouse, River Phoenix, Heath Ledger, Whitney Houston, Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson, Anna Nicole Smith, Bobbi Kristina Brown). More sinister deaths with seemingly questionable circumstances (Brittany Murphy, Joan Rivers, Tupac, Brandon Lee).

Too many drugs? Mental illnesses? Or is some other strange phenomenon plaguing the rich and famous of Hollywood? Thanks to a bunch of committed YouTubers, it's not hard to find a good compilation full of strange celebrity behaviour. Take, for instance, Bruce Willis' interview for Die Hard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgCXAQQB-aQ

Here's a couple compilations that cover many different seemingly troubled and strange stars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMe5zgfO54k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzKFGLysmGw

And what of the celebrity outbursts and mental break downs, with some having subsequent admissions to 'rehab' centres? (Britney Spears, Kanye West, Amanda Bynes, Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise, Charlie Sheen, Shia LaBeouf, Mischa Barton, Lindsay Lohan, Solange Knowles). While we most certainly cannot rule out the very real presence of mental health issues and social pressures placed on celebrities, sometimes it's hard not to wonder whether that's all that's going down. Is it really just the high roller lifestyle that's destroying people's minds?

This is a long shot, but an interesting theory nonetheless. Some claim that Hollywood is infiltrated by Satanists and satanic rituals, notably human sacrifice and cannibalism. Artist Marina Abramovic is famous for her "spirit cooking" seminars, occultish art exhibitions and dinner parties that feature edible, anatomically correct human edifices. Friends of Abramovic include Katy Perry (singer of "Bon Appetit"), Lady Gaga and Jay Z. And has it been proven whether the https://cannibalclub.org/ website is just an elaborate hoax or something more sinister?

Another theme that seems to be trending is whether or not human cloning is actually present in Hollywood. Tila Tequila and rappers BoB and Kid Buu seem to think so. The issue has taken the internet by storm with all sorts of theories surrounding countless theories, such as Taylor Swift being the clone of Zeena Schreck, the daughter of the founder of the Church Of Satan.

Weigh in with your thoughts, theories and opinions!

Once again, these are theories and opinions only. It's simply a light-hearted, friendly discussion thread for those who are interested in these topics. As they say, "take it with a pinch of salt".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jypsijemini said:

DISCLAIMER: These are ONLY theories. Any participants in this discussion are aware that their claims are predominantly unsubstantiated or purely based off observation, personal opinion and/or speculation. Therefore, there's no need to have your 2-cents worth just to tell us that we're wrong. This is not a "provide proof" thread. Of course we could be wrong. In some cases, we hope we're wrong! But sometimes it's just for pure entertainment and a bit of friendly conversation to discuss these ideas and theories.

Call it what you want: mental illness, MK Ultra, mind-control, programming, drug psychosis or even just the curse of fame-and-fortune...

But something really weird, really sinister and really disturbing is going down in Hollywood, LA.

Outing Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey were huge breakthroughs in publicly uncovering the rape culture and pedophilic underground of Tinseltown. Yet they only scratched the surface. Larry King, Ryan Seacrest, Sylvester Stallone, Bill Cosby, Louis CK, John Travolta, Charlie Sheen, Steven Segal, Dustin Hoffman, Ben Affleck, Andy Dick and celebrity photographer Terry Richardson are amongst a slew of other celebrities accused of sexually abusing co-stars, fans and strangers.

Then you have all the untimely deaths. The 27 Club. A string of apparent suicides (Chester Bennington, Chris Cornell, Robin Williams, Avicii, Kurt Cobain). Shocking overdoses (Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Winehouse, River Phoenix, Heath Ledger, Whitney Houston, Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson, Anna Nicole Smith, Bobbi Kristina Brown). More sinister deaths with seemingly questionable circumstances (Brittany Murphy, Joan Rivers, Tupac, Brandon Lee).

Too many drugs? Mental illnesses? Or is some other strange phenomenon plaguing the rich and famous of Hollywood? Thanks to a bunch of committed YouTubers, it's not hard to find a good compilation full of strange celebrity behaviour. Take, for instance, Bruce Willis' interview for Die Hard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgCXAQQB-aQ

Here's a couple compilations that cover many different seemingly troubled and strange stars:

And what of the celebrity outbursts and mental break downs, with some having subsequent admissions to 'rehab' centres? (Britney Spears, Kanye West, Amanda Bynes, Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise, Charlie Sheen, Shia LaBeouf, Mischa Barton, Lindsay Lohan, Solange Knowles). While we most certainly cannot rule out the very real presence of mental health issues and social pressures placed on celebrities, sometimes it's hard not to wonder whether that's all that's going down. Is it really just the high roller lifestyle that's destroying people's minds?

This is a long shot, but an interesting theory nonetheless. Some claim that Hollywood is infiltrated by Satanists and satanic rituals, notably human sacrifice and cannibalism. Artist Marina Abramovic is famous for her "spirit cooking" seminars, occultish art exhibitions and dinner parties that feature edible, anatomically correct human edifices. Friends of Abramovic include Katy Perry (singer of "Bon Appetit"), Lady Gaga and Jay Z. And has it been proven whether the https://cannibalclub.org/ website is just an elaborate hoax or something more sinister?

Another theme that seems to be trending is whether or not human cloning is actually present in Hollywood. Tila Tequila and rappers BoB and Kid Buu seem to think so. The issue has taken the internet by storm with all sorts of theories surrounding countless theories, such as Taylor Swift being the clone of Zeena Schreck, the daughter of the founder of the Church Of Satan.

Once again, these are theories and opinions only. It's simply a light-hearted, friendly discussion thread for those who are interested in these topics. As they say, "take it with a pinch of salt".

I dont really buy the demonic thing but I do see some potential veracity in the Laurel Canyon Conspiracy so I think we would be naive to think popular media isnt being used by someone for some purpose beyond just entertainment.

As for the current occult/illuminati symbolism in pop culture, like i said in another thread I think theyre like members only jackets were once upon a time. All the cool kids had one but no one was actually a member of anything.

• Like 3

Well, you know, this Hollywood business of pretending to be someone you aren't ( That is what acting is !) must have a psychological effect on people. A bit the same with people droning along singing songs that really don't have much to do with reality. Bottom line. it is all about the bottom line (money), and the really crazy people are the ones that take any Hollywood stuff seriously.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to HollyWeird

No need for demonic influence. If  you give someone money, hordes of adoring fans and a hugely inflated sense of self-importance, along with conditioning them to expect their every whim to be catered too, then don't be too surprised if they get a bit too drunk on that power. Add to that the free availability of desperate people who's lives and careers don't quite go as well as they hoped and thus might become more susceptible to pressure and promises.
And politics and power-play that make Game of Thrones seem wholesome.

As for the breakdowns and rehab. That whole business is kind of a high-stress environment. Once again, King's Landing in Game of Thrones seems cheerful in comparison. When I think what kind of inter-personal crap happens in office environments and college dormitories, I shudder to think what drama happens in an environment full of narcissists with heaps of money on the line.  

Kinda gives you a recipe for disaster, doesn't it?

• Like 6

9 hours ago, jypsijemini said:

My first question is how many, like Tom Cruise, are associated with scientology?  I am sure Tom Cruise's breakdown was in relation to his addictions and the cognitive dissonance of the "religion" he adheres to.  Scientology is big in hollywood and even a movie was made about it called Bowfinger, with Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy.  A tongue in cheek display of what actually goes on with scientology.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, jypsijemini said:

Some claim that Hollywood is infiltrated by Satanists and satanic rituals, notably human sacrifice and cannibalism.

Not directed at you but....oh FFS!

• Haha 1

Substitute Hollyweird, with Human civilization.

Predatory behavior is a human essence it seems.  Predation plays out in the corporations, offices, hospitals, churches, schools, clubs, boy/girl scouts, YMCA, sports... you name it.  If there are humans present, a percentage of them are predatory, malicious and cunning and will act accordingly.

• Like 3

Then we have Cory Feldman who plans to reveal everything! (pedophilia rings). Of course he needs 10 million dollars beforehand..for blockbuster movie? ('Cory Feldman does not need 10 million dollars to name his Hollwood abusers' dailybeast.com).

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

My first question is how many, like Tom Cruise, are associated with scientology?  I am sure Tom Cruise's breakdown was in relation to his addictions and the cognitive dissonance of the "religion" he adheres to.  Scientology is big in hollywood and even a movie was made about it called Bowfinger, with Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy.  A tongue in cheek display of what actually goes on with scientology.

I personally thought The Master was about Scientology (though director claimed otherwise). Philip S Hoffman even looks like Hubbard. The book Going Clear is really good. Testimonies from ex members, plenty examples how celeb scientologists are treated differently. I believe Tom Cruise stays for tax bracket or the church could expose his 'auditing' sessions if he left.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bed of chaos said:

I personally thought The Master was about Scientology (even though director claimed otherwise). Philip S Hoffman even looks like Hubbard. The book Going Clear is really good.. Testimonies from ex members and plenty of examples how celeb scientologists are treated differently. I believe Tom Cruise stays for tax bracket or the church could expose his 'auditing' sessions if he left.

I didn't see that one.  What I know about scientology is from my addict cousin who told me a lot after she ran away.  They only want addictive personalities and they test for that.  She first encountered them when she was about 18 and she talked my brothers and another cousin to go with her to take the "free personality test".  She was exactly what they were looking for, and the scientologists kept calling my 12 year old brother until my dad told them to stop or he would call the law because my brother was a minor. 

It's true that famous scientologists are treated differently, anyone who does not have a lot of  money are treated like slaves and told they are not doing what they are supposed to and are subjected to a lot of abuse. 

Bottom line is anyone who has been allowed to join is either rich as dirt and/or an addict of some sort.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Substitute Hollyweird, with Human civilization.

Predatory behavior is a human essence it seems.  Predation plays out in the corporations, offices, hospitals, churches, schools, clubs, boy/girl scouts, YMCA, sports... you name it.  If there are humans present, a percentage of them are predatory, malicious and cunning and will act accordingly.

I disagree that predatory behavior is part of being human. I would argue that only a small number of people are predatory. It just so happens that predatory people are concentrated in very specific places. They are attracted to positions of power and influence as that puts them at the top of a hierarchy where they can act on their predatory nature. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hollywood has always been weird. Just that long ago, the movie houses owned their stables and ran their media... mostly just the weird wanted to leak did, and a lot was hushed up.

And then fans became more, and the paparazzi more.... actors guilds and studio unions broke up the solid movie houses.... then more of the weird was out, the public ate it up.... and snowball.

Along with this was a snowballing of what was tight morality restrictions relaxing along with some political fun (Ronald Reagan’s time heading up the guild is worth reading up on) from various figures and laws.

Kind of funny. A couple decades ago I worked at a shop that for a while had a nice old guy that worked at a hotel of the stars back in the “golden years” of Hollywood. He told a hair raising story or few. But mostly more mundane stuff like who was a cheap tipper or always left the rooms messed up or had to have extra towels. He refused to talk about “personal matters”, so I never got a good romantic tidbit from the era.

Edit to add a fun bit. Ronald Regan was the president era when the PMRC sprung up under Tipper Gore.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I didn't see that one.  What I know about scientology is from my addict cousin who told me a lot after she ran away.  They only want addictive personalities and they test for that.  She first encountered them when she was about 18 and she talked my brothers and another cousin to go with her to take the "free personality test".  She was exactly what they were looking for, and the scientologists kept calling my 12 year old brother until my dad told them to stop or he would call the law because my brother was a minor. 

It's true that famous scientologists are treated differently, anyone who does not have a lot of  money are treated like slaves and told they are not doing what they are supposed to and are subjected to a lot of abuse. 

Bottom line is anyone who has been allowed to join is either rich as dirt and/or an addict of some sort.

Ive been fascinated by Scientology for a long time. Actually I wouldnt be surprised if Narconon IS successful. I've heard it's basically a sweat lodge or 'purification rundown'. Possibly sweating the drugs out of system. However what comes next? Billion year contract? Scrubbing a toilet on Sea Org for six months? Rpf? (rehabilitation project force-basically jail for scientologists) Spend your life savings climbing 'the bridge'. Anyway 'Growing up in Scientology' (YouTube channel) is great source of info if anyone's interested. Ex member who talks about everything (all types of abuse) including Scientology's Clearwater takeover.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bed of chaos said:

Ive been fascinated by Scientology for a long time. Suprisingly I wouldnt be surprised if Narconon IS successful. I've heard it's basically a sweat lodge or 'purification rundown'. However what comes next? Billion year contract? Scrubbing a toilet on Sea Org for six months? Rpf? (rehabilitation project force-basically jail for scientologists) Spend your life savings climbing 'the bridge'. Anyway 'Growing up in Scientology' (YouTube channel) is great source of info. Ex member who talks about everything, including Scientology's Clearwater takeover.

My cousin participated in something like you describe.  It was 6 months of sweat 8 hours a day or some such, restricted diet, and counseling.  It did work.  She had not been able to hold a job most of her life but afterwards she ran away from them because she did not like the slave part of it.  She planned to make lots of money and go back and buy what ever it was they tell you you need to be a full person.  Anyway, most of the rest of her life she had years of sobriety and a few years several timse in between of being drugged out.  She always went back to the Morom church when she wanted to get clean after that.

P.S.  if you want to see where L. Ron Hubbard's head was find the book he wrote in the 50's trying to sell his magical machine which included his bizarre idea of proof that we do not die when our body does.  I have a hard time believing the religion was his idea, someone saw a money cow and manipulated him into it using him as the figurehead so that if anything went south he would take the rap for it.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

My cousin participated in something like you describe.  It was 6 months of sweat 8 hours a day or some such, restricted diet, and counseling.  It did work.  She had not been able to hold a job most of her life but afterwards she ran away from them because she did not like the slave part of it.  She planned to make lots of money and go back and buy what ever it was they tell you you need to be a full person.  Anyway, most of the rest of her life she had years of sobriety and a few years several timse in between of being drugged out.  She always went back to the Morom church when she wanted to get clean after that.

P.S.  if you want to see where L. Ron Hubbard's head was find the book he wrote in the 50's trying to sell his magical machine which included his bizarre idea of proof that we do not die when our body does.  I have a hard time believing the religion was his idea, someone saw a money cow and manipulated him into it using him as the figurehead so that if anything went south he would take the rap for it.

Assume ur talking about Dianetics. We "drop" our bodies. If I had to finish in entirety..I'd probably hang myself. Yes, many believe he stole from everyone. H. Blavatsky, Buddhism, A. Crowley, Hypnotists, Freud. Going Clear discusses he most likely developed/stole terminology from famous polish philosopher (cant recall name) and wasnt making $$$ till E-meter came around. Last Hubbard reportedly had interesting relationships with guy named J. 'Jack' Parsons (supposedly there's crater named after Parsons on the dark side of the moon).

1 minute ago, Bed of chaos said:

Assume ur talking about Dianetics. We "drop" our bodies. If I had to finish in entirety..I'd probably hang myself. Yes, many believe he stole from everyone. H. Blavatsky, Buddhism, A. Crowley, Hypnotists, Freud. Going Clear discusses he most likely developed/stole terminology from famous polish philosopher (cant recall name) and wasnt making $$$ till E-meter came around. Last Hubbard reportedly had interesting relationships with guy named J. 'Jack' Parsons (supposedly there's crater named after Parsons on the dark side of the moon).

No, Dianetics came later.  I am talking about a book he wrote in the 50's before scientology was a thing.  Maybe he wrote it in the 40's.  I can't remember the name.  I will see if I can find it online.  it was a book almost complete about what a genius he was for inventing the E-meter that proves our consciousness does not die.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

I disagree that predatory behavior is part of being human. I would argue that only a small number of people are predatory. It just so happens that predatory people are concentrated in very specific places. They are attracted to positions of power and influence as that puts them at the top of a hierarchy where they can act on their predatory nature. 

I hear you.  I can see your optimism in not viewing humans as predatory at heart and I can see a similar perspective at times.

You bring up a very good point about power structures and the pull they have to the sociopathic/predatory.

The nature of power is such that those who demonstrate selfish morality structures and the willingness and ability to 'do anything' to achieve and maintain power, will inevitably ween out of power, those who do not share such sociopathic tendencies.  For those who possess integrity, will not stoop to certain actions, no matter that it lead to their downfall, while those without such compunctions, revels in them as a show of superiority and right of claim.

It is a demoralizing aspect of human power structure, that those very small percentage, exhibit such influence.

• Like 1

He wrote a ton of material (including sci fi and fantasy short stories). Also I own one of his 'self help' books, buried in my garage (i just moved from apt..literally 12 hrs ago). Also unpublished manuscripts like Excalibur. No big deal (if dont find) I'll look up tomm.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

The nature of power is such that those who demonstrate selfish morality structures and the willingness and ability to 'do anything' to achieve and maintain power, will inevitably ween out of power, those who do not share such sociopathic tendencies. For those who possess integrity, will not stoop to certain actions, no matter that it lead to their downfall, while those without such compunctions, revels in them as a show of superiority and right of claim.

There is a reason we find so many CEO's exhibiting classic signs of psychopathy. I believe it to be similar in politics as like you say, the power hungry will inevitably drive out the altruistic few as it's much more comfortable and less risky to be surrounded by your peers. I believe there are good and bad people working deep in Washington but as time has gone on, we have seen exactly this play out: the bad have slowly but steadily been pushing out or stamping out the good. Now our world is run by psychopaths.

It is a demoralizing aspect of human power structure, that those very small percentage, exhibit such influence.

We the people still hold all the power. If we didn't, propaganda wouldn't exist. They still need our permission so they spend millions and sometimes even human lives trying to get it. To an extent, we allow the psychos to have the influence they do. 

• Thanks 2

On 12/3/2019 at 10:28 AM, Habitat said:

Well, you know, this Hollywood business of pretending to be someone you aren't ( That is what acting is !) must have a psychological effect on people. A bit the same with people droning along singing songs that really don't have much to do with reality. Bottom line. it is all about the bottom line (money), and the really crazy people are the ones that take any Hollywood stuff seriously.

I was flicking the TV channels the other day and watched a soap called Emmerdale for around 10 seconds. There was a young guy standing in front of a pub courtyard or something, and I could see how blatantly obvious that it was a total façade. All the soaps do it, having the outside of a building and nothing inside.

This got me thinking about the phycological effect of having pretend stuff held-up as real. Like, Made in Chelsea, or TOWIE, the Apprentice and tons of other "reality" shows, all fake BS, fake tans, fake nails, fake boobs, fake situations, fake drama..... All teaching our kids how to scheme, lie, manipulate, blame others etc... So long as you look good on the outside and use the latest buzz words.

In my opinion, when we holds-up lies and fakery as the truth, then the collapse of Western Civilization isn't going to be too far behind.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I was flicking the TV channels the other day and watched a soap called Emmerdale for around 10 seconds. There was a young guy standing in front of a pub courtyard or something, and I could see how blatantly obvious that it was a total façade. All the soaps do it, having the outside of a building and nothing inside.

This got me thinking about the phycological effect of having pretend stuff held-up as real. Like, Made in Chelsea, or TOWIE, the Apprentice and tons of other "reality" shows, all fake BS, fake tans, fake nails, fake boobs, fake situations, fake drama..... All teaching our kids how to scheme, lie, manipulate, blame others etc... So long as you look good on the outside and use the latest buzz words.

In my opinion, when we holds-up lies and fakery as the truth, then the collapse of Western Civilization isn't going to be too far behind.

You get to control what your kids watch on television or the internet.  Kids don't usually watch "reality" shows, except maybe American Ninja contests. 

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

You get to control what your kids watch on television or the internet.  Kids don't usually watch "reality" shows, except maybe American Ninja contests. 

Really?

The thing is, this fakery and propaganda is everywhere, mainstream news, entertainment, science, education and culture in general.

The Nazis got it down to a fine art.

Propaganda and violence. 

Today the violence is a little more subtle, more phycological, more pervasive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

Really?

The thing is, this fakery and propaganda is everywhere, mainstream news, entertainment, science, education and culture in general.

The Nazis got it down to a fine art.

Propaganda and violence. 

Today the violence is a little more subtle, more phycological, more pervasive.

So, you know that and you can guard against it.   What is your real point, that we are helpless against the fakery that is so obvious and has been for so long?  Complaining about it doesn't change it.  Maybe doing what you can to not donate any money to the organizations that create the fakery and don't put energy to it.  It is an uphill battle but the more who start pushing back the less traction the fakery factory has. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So, you know that and you can guard against it.   What is your real point, that we are helpless against the fakery that is so obvious and has been for so long?  Complaining about it doesn't change it.  Maybe doing what you can to not donate any money to the organizations that create the fakery and don't put energy to it.  It is an uphill battle but the more who start pushing back the less traction the fakery factory has. 

My point is to highlight an issue. To highlight the issue and its consequences for humanity.

Like, how can anyone push back against something they didn't even see?

There was no complaining on my part.

25 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

My point is to highlight an issue. To highlight the issue and its consequences for humanity.

Like, how can anyone push back against something they didn't even see?

There was no complaining on my part.

Ok, I guess I am a little cranky.  I suppose if you have only recently noticed this it is a big deal and I belittled you.  I am sorry I did that.  It has been going on for decades and the best guard against it is to not participate in it.  Also, you can now lookup on the internet who sponsors that crap and not give them any of your money (like Nestle, or Kraft or any other organization that sells stuff to us and then supports mind numbing zombifying the population).  It takes work but we are only helpless against it when we ignore it or don't notice it.  So yes, letting people know is good.  But letting people know is not the end, you have to actively push against it with your vote, how you spend your money etc.

• Like 2