Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Dad shoots 9yr-old son dead on hunting trip

Eldorado

"A nine-year-old boy has died after sustaining an accidental gun shot during a hunting trip on Thanksgiving.

"According to family members, Colton Williams, a fourth grader from Orangeburg County, South Carolina, was hunting rabbit with his father and a family friend on Thursday.

"Williams was accidentally shot by his father, local news reported."

Full report at NewsWeek: https://www.newsweek.com/south-carolina-boy-killed-thanksgiving-hunting-accident-1474894

"A 9-year-old boy, who was accidentally shot and killed by his father during a Thanksgiving hunting trip, has helped save the lives of three people after his organs were donated.

"Colton Williams, a South Carolina fourth-grader, was rabbit hunting with his dad and a family friend in Springfield on Thursday morning when he was accidentally shot by his dad, family members told WYFF."

Full report at People magazine: https://people.com/human-interest/boy-organ-donor-saves-3-lives-killed-thanksgiving-hunting-accident/

• Sad 8

Kittens Are Jerks

That's really tragic. Imagine as a parent having to live with that for the rest of your life.

I realise we don't have all the details, but one would expect that if you take your kid out hunting, being stupid is not an option.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Eternal Flame

Transplant patients sometimes take on part of their donors’ personalities.

Piney
26 minutes ago, The Eternal Flame said:

Transplant patients sometimes take on part of their donors’ personalities.

No.....

• Like 2

Piney
1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I realise we don't have all the details, but one would expect that if you take your kid out hunting, being stupid is not an option.

Rule number one. Always keep your kid in sight and never let him in front of you. Especially because there might be other hunters. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

and then
33 minutes ago, Piney said:

Rule number one. Always keep your kid in sight and never let him in front of you. Especially because there might be other hunters. 

Also, don't actually load until you are where you will be hunting.  Walking through brush or over broken ground is dangerous without adding accidental discharge into the equation.

• Like 6

The Eternal Flame
38 minutes ago, Piney said:

No.....

Why can you be more precise...?

Piney
3 hours ago, The Eternal Flame said:

Why can you be more precise...?

Neurons hold your memory-personality. Not organ cells. 

People might act different because their microbiomes are out of whack from anti-rejection drugs and antibiotics, but organ cells don't hold experiences-personalities

Edited by Piney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Eternal Flame
Just now, Piney said:

People might act different because their microbiomes are out of whack from anti-rejection drugs and antibiotics, but organ cells don't hold experiences-personalitys

They is a paranormal trend who say that Transplant patients sometimes take on part of their donors’ personalities.

The Eternal Flame
16 minutes ago, Piney said:

People might act different because their microbiomes are out of whack from anti-rejection drugs and antibiotics, but organ cells don't hold experiences-personalitys

They is also movie based on this was made i also ear about simillar story long ago so i cant be precise... Maybe they is a connection to twin you know all whe says paranormal about twin.

Edited by The Eternal Flame

Piney
12 minutes ago, The Eternal Flame said:

They is a paranormal trend who say that Transplant patients sometimes take on part of their donors’ personalities.

It sounds like woocrap. I know plenty of them and they don't. 

When you've been seeing a cardiologist and urologist for 30 years you meet many transplant patients.

2 minutes ago, The Eternal Flame said:

Maybe they is a connection to twin you know all whe says paranormal about twin.

Except when you act the opposite and hate each other. 

• Like 3

third_eye

"you are what you eat"

~

• Haha 3

The Eternal Flame
24 minutes ago, Piney said:

It sounds like woocrap. I know plenty of them and they don't. 

When you've been seeing a cardiologist and urologist for 30 years you meet many transplant patients.

Except when you act the opposite and hate each other. 

They must be some isolated case like not all house are haunted ? Y/N

Piney
Just now, The Eternal Flame said:

They must be some isolated case like not all house are haunted ? Y/N

Nope, second hand stories and urban myths. Then you have a lot of paranormal writers who just want to make things up. 

My grandfather was a well known rogue "Medicine Man" who had a little majick shop. I've seen it all, done it all when it came to the paranormal.

99 percent was hokey.   

• Like 3