Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Leaves NATO Conference in a huff

ExpandMyMind

16 minutes ago, bee said:

It's like you're saying Evil Politics have won and there is no hope...
and frankly if they manage to crush Trump and Brexit I will concede that point...
we are on the brink -  as populism tries to assert itself but is battered down by the modern version
of medieval royalty - with the political elite behaving as if they have the divine right to rule..
and woe betide anyone who gets in their way... even a little bit like Trump and Brexit has...

nothing new under the sun

Regarding the way we both are viewing Trump and the Big Picture.... I would say I am
a Glass Half Full Person and you are a Glass Half Empty Person....  

^_^

And Id say populism is just a different side of thesame coin, channeling the (false) hope of a population to keep them from acting themselves.

Change!

8 minutes ago, bee said:

The two party system / merry~go~round has a LOT to do with that... ?

saw this video earlier and there is no way... in a trillion years that Tulsi Gabbard has a chance of
becoming the Democrat Candidate..

and that backs up what you are saying in regards to the Democrats.... but perhaps because
Trump was a billionaire or multi millionaire or whatever he is he could do it and the Republican
Party had him because they thought he was the only one who could beat Hillary Clinton....?

Erm.. no, I wouldnt bet on it. Trump is 'supported' by similar special interest groups like all others before him. Sheldon Adelson seems to be one ofhis main benefactors.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Well, Id rather have a mor0n on the helm than a murderous c*nt. :D

Especially given the chances are the mor0n will still have ~50% capable advisors around him..

I couldnt bring myself to vote at all for any of the two, but if Id be under the 'vote or shut up' spell, or just to prevent a Clinton coming to power.. well.. it would be the mor0n.

Well, in your defence... they had morons and dementia patients before, with capable advisors, there really was no reason for anyone sane to think it will be different this time. But it is different. That guy brought no one sane with him, let alone competent. It's tragicomic. 

Intelligent evil does less damage than stupid good. And Trump is not good either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

And Id say populism is just a different side of thesame coin, channeling the (false) hope of a population to keep them from acting themselves.

Change!

the thing is.... we are all so inter-dependent now in Western modern society... that we are used to having
a comfortable life - I'm not sure how ''''acting  ourselves'''' happens in this highly interdependent
world... something is always keeping the lid on finding Paradise on Earth... :)

darn it

but I am grateful that I am me and living the life that I do here in the Midlands, England...

this life I lead would be like paradise on earth for millions of people around the world I suppose...
even though it's quite a simple life - 

Edited by bee
  • Thanks 2

Taking on the tinfoil hat, there is one aspect besides the MSM which seems- and I stress seems - to back up his outsider role narrative.. And thats his moves against globalisation.. but I personally suspect he is taking that position to further / prepare the transition of the global power base from Occident (USA after they took over from GB during WWII) to Orient (China or even Israel).

He is effectively dividing the American House like no other time in history (lest maybe the North Vs South), destroying all the US' soft power abroad, overreaching his military comparable to the last days of the Roman empire, and by his tariffs / economical warfare speeding up the fall of the dollar as a reserve currency. And when those dominos fall, with all the dire internal effects it will foment, Americans will demand their new leaders to return to the globalised fold asap. It may be looking good at the moment if one limits their view to 'economy' and 'unemployment', but Id suppose that would be a gravely lacking, limited view of the whole.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, bee said:

the thing is.... we are all so inter-dependent now in Western modern society... that we are used to having
a comfortable life - I'm not sure how ''''acting for ourselves'''' happens in this highly interdependent
world... something is always keeping the lid on finding Paradise on Earth... :)

darn it

but I am grateful that I am me and living the life that I do here in the Midlands, England...

this life I lead would be like paradise on earth for millions of people around the world I suppose...
even though it's quite a simple life - 

Xactly, we are lulled into a dependancy of creature comforts.. and the thought of giving that up scares the sh* out of us, and we would rather put our (false) hope into some candidate which is offered to create change.

The road to hell is paved with erm.. 'convenience'.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Well, in your defence... they had morons and dementia patients before, with capable advisors, there really was no reason for anyone sane to think it will be different this time. But it is different. That guy brought no one sane with him, let alone competent. It's tragicomic. 

Intelligent evil does less damage than stupid good. And Trump is not good either. 

Maybe youre right..

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Phaeton80 said:

Xactly, we are lulled into a dependancy of creature comforts.. and the thought of giving that up scares the sh* out of us. The road to hell is paved with erm.. 'convenience'.

well if it all came crashing down we would be absolutely hopeless at surviving because we don't
have the knowledge or skills any more... we probably couldn't even find clean water and if we
did there would probably be violent people guarding access to it... wanting something in exchange
for access...

it would be sheer bedlam... 

so being pampered slaves - that gives some room for personal growth and the opportunity to
help our fellow man and woman when we can....... is not to be sniffed at.... at the end of the day.. :) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Taking on the tinfoil hat, there is one aspect besides the MSM which seems- and I stress seems - to back up his outsider role narrative.. And thats his moves against globalisation.. but I personally suspect he is taking that position to further / prepare the transition of the global power base from Occident (USA after they took over from GB during WWII) to Orient (China or even Israel).

He is effectively dividing the American House like no other time in history (lest maybe the North Vs South), destroying all the US' soft power abroad, overreaching his military comparable to the last days of the Roman empire, and by his tariffs / economical warfare speeding up the fall of the dollar as a reserve currency. And when those dominos fall, with all the dire internal effects it will foment, Americans will demand their new leaders to return to the globalised fold asap. It may be looking good at the moment if one limits their view to 'economy' and 'unemployment', but Id suppose that would be a gravely lacking, limited view of the whole.

Makes sense. Just because it's a conspiracy theory, doesn't mean it's not real. But this one is a bit too complex with too many 'if's. I think. And why making Americans wish for the return of global direction through fall of their empire, if you can - obviously - simply switch the opinion of roughly one third of their population (apparently enough for their outdated voting system) by parroting the desired opinion in their media. 

Even if some cabal is plotting something like that, Trump certainly doesn't understand his role. He seems to really think he can lie himself into a grown man :lol: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Maybe youre right..

nooooooooooooooo

Don't board the Hate Train...... jump on the Love Train ...

lol... I'm going to stop now...
before I get too philosophical about the meaning of life the Universe and Everything...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Makes sense. Just because it's a conspiracy theory, doesn't mean it's not real. But this one is a bit too complex with too many 'if's. I think. And why making Americans wish for the return of global direction through fall of their empire, if you can - obviously - simply switch the opinion of roughly one third of their population (apparently enough for their outdated voting system) by parroting the desired opinion in their media. 

Even if some cabal is plotting something like that, Trump certainly doesn't understand his role. He seems to really think he can lie himself into a grown man :lol: 

Well yes, but that wouldnt destroy the US as a global leader, empire, nation even.. which would be desirable given it is, or signifies the last bastion of 'Freemen'. Which is why, btw, I am so critical of this nation. Not because I hate her (as so many have implicated me with on this forum), but because I think 'the battle' is won or lost on her soil.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Well yes, but that wouldnt destroy the US as a global leader, empire.. which would be desirable given it is, or signifies the last bastion of 'Freemen'. Which is why, btw, I am so critical of this nation. Not because I hate her (as so many have implicated me with on this forum), but because I think 'the battle' is won or lost on her soil.

Ah, no. They've lost their mythical freedom long time ago. Once the humanism that made it possible for them to carry the post-WWII rebuilding was replaced with various Ayn Rands and other demons. 

But you might be right that the battle of our time will be fought on their soil. In which case, we're screwed because they already surrendered to their own id. (I mean that 'id' in the Freudian sense. And I'm making this clear just because it gives me an opportunity to say I hate Freud :lol: ) 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bee said:

yeah it's like..... DUH.......... don't they know by now that EVERYTHING they say on the podium
or in a huddle having a little gossip is going to be recorded - 

FFS.... everything a regular citizen says in the vicinity of a mobile phone is recorded but these
are World Leaders at a NATO Summit... :rolleyes:

Of course they know. They just don't care. 

This is the result of the President of the United States being an out of his depth narcissistic bafoon. It's almost impossible for well adjusted adults to discuss him and the way he .....everythings without laughing. 

Man for a guy who ran on being tough and making America "respected again" this one has to really burn. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Of course they know. They just don't care. 

you know that's not true - but you say it anyway...

they certainly would not be happy getting used in a malicious fake news hit piece -
where they are also victims of the Media Dark Arts as well as Trump...

Macron has expressed anger, Trudeau was forced to comment and explain, Boris Johnson didn't
know he was one of the stars in the little fake edited hit piece and I don't suppose Princess Anne
is amused...

edited, manipulated hit pieces like this don't magically appear in the World's Press - they take some time
and effort to get together and disseminate..  

it was edited and presented as if it was a huge deal and even Trudeau Officials tried to explain that
he was talking about his day...

source CNN

For his part Trudeau did not apologize to Trump but said, "Last night, I made a reference to the fact that there was an unscheduled press conference before my meeting with President Trump and I was happy to take part of it, but it was certainly notable."

Canadian officials traveling with the Prime Minister tell CNN the cocktail conversation was taken out of context and Trudeau was merely telling fellow colleagues about his day.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Intelligent evil does less damage than stupid good.

:nw:

~

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

.everythings without laughing. 

He never laughs ? Can't say I recall seeing him laugh.

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

@bee, @Phaeton80 @Helen of Annoy  thanks.  It has been an interesting thread tonight.  I will mull over freedom a bit and whether we are so monoclonal that we have all already surrendered to our own ids.

can't resist....

:D

Irresistible... 

[00.03:12]

~

I bet this one is gonna be on YouTube 's lists of everything for many, many decades to come..

~

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, bee said:

It's like you're saying Evil Politics have won and there is no hope...
and frankly if they manage to crush Trump and Brexit I will concede that point...
we are on the brink -  as populism tries to assert itself but is battered down by the modern version
of medieval royalty - with the political elite behaving as if they have the divine right to rule..
and woe betide anyone who gets in their way... even a little bit like Trump and Brexit has...

nothing new under the sun

Regarding the way we both are viewing Trump and the Big Picture.... I would say I am
a Glass Half Full Person and you are a Glass Half Empty Person....  

^_^

What's been exposed is the fact that they want us to THINK that we the people are in charge and our decisions are important but the truth is they don't really want anything that doesn't feed their projected intentions. Trump isn't on board or manipulatable and that terrifies them. Pelosi looks and sounds scared more and more as time goes on. She was incoherent and stumbling all over the place yesterday. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

@bee, @Phaeton80 @Helen of Annoy  thanks.  It has been an interesting thread tonight.  I will mull over freedom a bit and whether we are so monoclonal that we have all already surrendered to our own ids.

I apologize. 

I formulated that too broadly so it sounded too harsh and certainly inaccurate.

I wanted to say that significant portion of Americans apparently surrendered to their own ids. Unfortunately, it's not any different in my country.

You'd think that so many so easily accessible sources of information would make any population immune to obvious manipulation. Precisely the opposite happened.

Because the id crowd doesn't hesitate to lie, to others and to themselves, if they like the lie. The reality, the consequences... they don't like it, so they refuse to think about it.

They can't be reasoned with, they have to be coaxed into common sense.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seem to remember saying something about the Constitution and Bill of Rights here somewhere..

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/betraying-constitution-who-will-protect-us-unpatriotic-patriot-act

4 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I apologize

Do not.  No need.  It is a fascinating topic and frightening too. 

4 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

You'd think that so many so easily accessible sources of information would make any population immune to obvious manipulation. Precisely the opposite happened.

In this age of accessible entertainment as well as information, independent thinking is required less all the time.  You can scan the grocery shelves of the internet and pop open a can of brain food that fits your existing opinions perfectly.  No need for tedious mental exercises or unpleasant logical thinking.  Just open a can for  instant self affirmation and contented unawareness ..  

We think America is divided about 50-50 with both sides thinking they are right and closed to new ideas.

And yet, if we let down our guard to listen and be unbiased when we hear new information, we fear we will be steamrolled by the unrelenting dogma of the other side.  Neither side will heed the call for impartiality because they fear it is a trap.

If the battleground is here, the question is: Will we emerge as thinking independent beings or blind followers who have been drugged by constant entertainment and the incessant call to believe in a savior because it is easier than thinking. for oneself.

It is not a fight that is resolved in a single generation, if ever.  

• Thanks 1

If we are to agree the Constitution and Bill of Rights represent the nearest thing to the core of the United States, its identity and its People, who - in fact - constitute the main threat, express the greatest 'disrespect' to the USA?

It is supremely ironic that Pentagon officials take an oath to support and defend the Constitution because they intentionally destroyed the Fifth and Sixth Amendments to the Constitution when they set up their “judicial” system at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. In fact, the very reason the Pentagon established its system in Cuba, rather than the United States, was to circumvent and avoid the provisions of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Prior to the 9/11 attacks, whenever someone was charged with terrorism or any other criminal offense, U.S. officials would secure a grand-jury indictment and then prosecute him in a U.S. District Court. The accused in the federal court system is guaranteed certain procedural protections, many of which were carved out during centuries of resistance by British citizens to the tyranny of their own government. Our American ancestors demanded that many of those procedural protections be expressly enshrined in the Bill of Rights so that everyone would know that federal officials would have to abide by them whenever they charged people with federal crimes.

[..]

The U.S. military has long been a conservative organization, and conservatives have long poo-pooed the procedural protections in the Bill of Rights as nothing more than ludicrous constitutional “technicalities” intended to let guilty people go free. After 9/11, the Pentagon decided that it was going to show how an ideal “judicial” system would operate, one in which such constitutional “technicalities” could be ignored.

In the process, America ended up adopting a “judicial” system that is very similar to those in totalitarian regimes. After more than 200 years of Bill of Rights protection, the fear generated by the 9/11 attacks enabled the Pentagon to figure how a way to successfully circumvent those protections. In the name of keeping us “safe” from “the terrorists,” the result has been a destruction of critically important parts of the Bill of Rights..

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/52659.htm

..And thereby the very fabric, essence of what the Founding Fathers thought paramount in establishing - and keeping - their Republic, the United States of America.

On 12/5/2019 at 6:03 PM, bee said:

There is a difference between a NATO Summit a couple of days ago and a private conversation 10 years ago..
Anyway looking at it a bit closer it turns out (IMO) it was a fabricated, edited, malicious little operation
that blew a mole hill into a mountain.. even the way it was edited to give us glimpses of Princess Anne 
was actually funny... 

re the bolded... perhaps I'm just not a prude... but a couple of grown men having a private conversation
where remarks were made, in essence, talking about how some women throw themselves at the rich
and powerful and famous and will use sex to try and hook them... will let them '''grab them'''' etc....
well that doesn't send me into a self righteous faint...some women DO try to bed famous men and WILL let
them do pretty much anything if they can get into their world and wallet...

Don't know if it still happens but years ago there were 'Groupies'... young women who followed bands
around and would try to have sex with them... 

Pathetic.