Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Owner spends days taking group pic of 17 pets

Still Waters

A pet owner took the perfect family paw-trait after spending days trying to get her 17 dogs and cats to sit still.

The effort was worth it, as the final result shows her eight pooches and nine felines gazing stoically into the camera.

Kathy Smith, 30, from Corwen, called her home "quite chaotic".

However, she managed to get her 17-strong pack perfectly lined up for a split second before they ran off to play again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-50650955

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Those darn cats! Adorable photo, and well worth the effort. 

But how can anyone live in a home with so many animals? I would lose my mind.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Those darn cats! Adorable photo, and well worth the effort. 

But how can anyone live in a home with so many animals? I would lose my mind.

I have 3 dogs and 2 cats and they are much easier to live with than the two people I live with.  :lol:  When it was just 5 dogs I was able to get them all to sit still for a photo.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OverSword said:

SEVENTEEN!!!!!!  Her house probably smells wonderful.

That and my biggest concern being whether people who have an extraordinary number of pets are able to afford proper care.  Hers look well fed and groomed, but if all or most got sick at once, imagine the vet bill.

13 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I have 3 dogs and 2 cats and they are much easier to live with than the two people I live with.  :lol:  When it was just 5 dogs I was able to get them all to sit still for a photo.

You wouldn't be saying that if you lived with my cat.

There's a pet play area near my home and they sometimes bring in photographers who take amazing photos of people's pets. I took Emma-Jane there last summer and the only photo they managed to get was of her swiping at a teacup poodle. She also sent one of the photographers to hospital with a corneal abrasion. No surprise that the brat has been banned from all future photo shoots.

4 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

You wouldn't be saying that if you lived with my cat.

There's a pet play area near my home and they sometimes bring in photographers who take amazing photos of people's pets. I took Emma-Jane there last summer and the only photo they managed to get was of her swiping at a teacup poodle. She also sent one of the photographers to hospital with a corneal abrasion. No surprise that the brat has been banned from all future photo shoots.

Oh, my.  One of the cats does not like anyone except when they are asleep.  The other one is quite affectionate and would even curl up with the dogs but they are old and twitchy, don't like to share their beds.  I think I might try to get a picture of the dogs with that cat, just not sure how to train a cat to sit still for a moment.

• Like 1