Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How will Impeachment play out?

RavenHawk

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I think Pelosi is now holding the articles to get as close to the State of The Union address as possible before presenting them.

Actually, Pelosi appears caught between a rock and a hard place.  She doesn't know what to do because whether she transmits the articles or holds them...she loses.

She is utterly stuck and the strain is showing on her already alcohol-ravaged face.

Whether she sh!ts OR gets off the pot...Trump wins.  You gotta love watching that corrupt old witch shrivel up like a dried prune on a hot summer day.  Right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I think Pelosi is now holding the articles to get as close to the State of The Union address as possible before presenting them. Trump's mental state is clearly questionable and with the right prodding he is ripe to give an insane speech to the nation on prime time TV.

Really? He's been "clearly losing it" and "about to explode" on television since the day he got in. It's gonna happen this time though right?

You guys... Folks like you have been in a questionable state of mind for almost 4 years now and it's is you guys who are going to lose it. Just relax. Everything is fine and everything is going to be fine. The amount of current and future craziness is in your hands. 

For once it's not violent but it sure is crazy. These are your people.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Really? He's been "clearly losing it" and "about to explode" on television since the day he got in. It's gonna happen this time though right?

Oh its happened plenty of times. You guys just love it.

Average middle American however seems to not Political analyst: White, suburban women are 'fleeing the Trump party'

So it doesnt take him frothing at the mouth and shouting incoherencies to have a negative political effect. Just him being an angrier version of him should do it.

Resurfaced Video Shows Lindsey Graham Arguing for Witnesses to Testify at Bill Clinton Impeachment Trial LOL

He brings up a good point about witnesses at every impeachment trial ever.

Edited by Farmer77

On 12/29/2019 at 6:05 PM, Raptor Witness said:

Up to now I would have to agree with you generally, about the term “dopey,” however, it’s just plain smart to do what they’re doing now.

The longer the uncertainty sits out there, the greater the cause for alarm.

Most people hate politics, but they love a good fight, especially when there is a momentous shift in sentiment.

“Trump the loser,” you gotta love that ...

My advice for Donald Trump is to stop calling himself a ”witch,” and abide by the male version, a warlock.

Interesting .....

“Magical .....?”

• Thanks 1

Nancy Pelosi To Send Articles Of Impeachment To The Senate Next Week

WASHINGTON ― House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced Friday that the House will move to send the two articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump to the Senate next week, signaling an end to a weekslong standoff with Senate Republicans over the rules governing the impeachment trial.

In a letter to colleagues, Pelosi said she had instructed House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) to “be prepared to bring to the Floor next week a resolution to appoint managers and transmit articles of impeachment to the Senate.” Pelosi added that she would be consulting with her caucus at a Tuesday meeting “on how we proceed further,” but the letter is a clear sign of her backing down from demands about the Senate trial.

https://news.yahoo.com/nancy-pelosi-house-impeachment-senate-170310121.html

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, skliss said:

Nancy Pelosi To Send Articles Of Impeachment To The Senate Next Week

WASHINGTON ― House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced Friday that the House will move to send the two articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump to the Senate next week, signaling an end to a weekslong standoff with Senate Republicans over the rules governing the impeachment trial.

In a letter to colleagues, Pelosi said she had instructed House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) to “be prepared to bring to the Floor next week a resolution to appoint managers and transmit articles of impeachment to the Senate.” Pelosi added that she would be consulting with her caucus at a Tuesday meeting “on how we proceed further,” but the letter is a clear sign of her backing down from demands about the Senate trial.

https://news.yahoo.com/nancy-pelosi-house-impeachment-senate-170310121.html

Whatever you think of her you have to admit she is a helluva politician. She accomplished the goal of having America talk about the fairness of the senate trial and managed to hold onto the articles long enough that the Senate wont be able to acquit Trump before the SOTU address.

I'd bet dollars to donuts she has one more trick up her sleeve to drop the day of the address, maybe the night before. 

Oh please she capitulated to the demands of the Squad and their Twitter army. She's not slick or savvy. She's rooted in the depths of the swamp and has made a living as a self interested politician. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, F3SS said:

She's not slick or savvy. She's rooted in the depths of the swamp and has made a living as a self interested politician. 

Oh she absolutely is a swamp creature who has made a living as a self interested politician. She is however damned good at it. Before Trumpism I really enjoyed the political game and still appreciate the nuances.

4 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Oh please she capitulated to the demands of the Squad and their Twitter army.

Do you know this isnt true? That it was actually seven other moderate freshmen congressmen, many of whom with legit national service records, whose op-ed after the Ukraine story broke forced her hand?

‘It Feels Like a 1776 Kind of Fight’

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh she absolutely is a swamp creature who has made a living as a self interested politician. She is however damned good at it. Before Trumpism I really enjoyed the political game and still appreciate the nuances.

Do you know this isnt true? That it was actually seven other moderate freshmen congressmen, many of whom with legit national service records, whose op-ed after the Ukraine story broke forced her hand?

‘It Feels Like a 1776 Kind of Fight’

Ha nice try 7 moderates with moderate voices and moderate exposure. AOC was going to steal the spotlight if they didn't act soon. That and timing. The Dems felt forced to act before Trump's election momentum became unstoppable and it backfired. They only fueled his fire.

• Like 1

Just now, F3SS said:

Ha nice try 7 moderates with moderate voices and moderate exposure. AOC was going to steal the spotlight if they didn't act soon. That and timing. The Dems felt forced to act before Trump's election momentum became unstoppable and it backfired. They only fueled his fire.

Yeah or theres this whole constitution thingy that folks swear an oath to and perhaps unlike McConnell they figured they should uphold that oath.

Trump Will Invoke Executive Privilege to Block Bolton Testimony

Pesident Donald Trump said the White House plans to invoke executive privilege to prevent former National Security Adviser John Bolton from testifying in the Senate impeachment trial expected to begin next week.

For the impeachment:

I see a ruby colored candy, glistening in the darkness, covered in sugar, like jewels.

I see a futuristic cartoon, in the style of Dick Tracy. The cartoon becomes a stage curtain, then the lights dim, and the curtain turns all black in color, and it stays black, while the audience awaits in silence.

I see Egyptian artwork morph into modern art. I see a volcanic sunset, where the glowing magma replaces the sunlight.

Edited by Raptor Witness

It ought to be an interesting election.  The trumpets are more behind their candidate than ever and the rest of us are more revolted by him than ever.  Victory will go the the party whose members are the most extreme.

Doug

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

It ought to be an interesting election.  The trumpets are more behind their candidate than ever and the rest of us are more revolted by him than ever.  Victory will go the the party whose members are the most extreme.

Doug

If you truly believe that then you already know the outcome of the election. Considering one side currently holds the seat of power there is an inequality in the extremes both can go to.

I personally tend to agree.

Edited by Farmer77

On 1/6/2020 at 8:25 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

but I cannot understand how it was ever part of the law to begin with. 

It wasn't.  The entirety of direction in our Constitution regarding Impeachment is this:

The House of Representatives has the sole power of impeachment pursuant to Article1 Section 2 Clause 5

Article I, Section 3, Clause 6: Trial of Impeachment

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

IOW, her behavior is unprecedented and she is just behaving childishly in an attempt to leverage votes in the Senate to cause McConnell to continue an investigation that the Dems failed to make a case for before voting on Impeachment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

IOW, her behavior is unprecedented and she is just behaving childishly in an attempt to leverage votes in the Senate to cause McConnell to continue an investigation that the Dems failed to make a case for before voting on Impeachment.

Or to cause him to have a fair trial and allow witnesses like every other single impeachment ever performed in the senate.

Edit to add: Bolton saying hed testify if subpoenaed during the delay is also a nice feather in her cap.

Edited by Farmer77

On 1/11/2020 at 1:14 AM, Farmer77 said:

Whatever you think of her you have to admit she is a helluva politician. She accomplished the goal of having America talk about the fairness of the senate trial and managed to hold onto the articles long enough that the Senate wont be able to acquit Trump before the SOTU address.

I'd bet dollars to donuts she has one more trick up her sleeve to drop the day of the address, maybe the night before. 

bolded...... :no:

Call me old fashioned but I thought politicians were elected to serve the people and the country...

not play silly partisan games that brings the Offices of Govt. into disrepute and wastes a load of 
time and money....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bee said:

Call me old fashioned but I thought politicians were elected to serve the people and the country...

And with this clearly constitutionally required impeachment the old swamp creature finally is!!!!!

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

And with this clearly constitutionally required impeachment the old swamp creature finally is!!!!!

your loyalty to Pelosi and all the Democrat's insanity and treachery is touching.... ^_^

• Like 2

On 1/9/2020 at 4:23 PM, Farmer77 said:

Oh its happened plenty of times. You guys just love it.

Average middle American however seems to not Political analyst: White, suburban women are 'fleeing the Trump party'

So it doesnt take him frothing at the mouth and shouting incoherencies to have a negative political effect. Just him being an angrier version of him should do it.

Huh? White females are fleeing the party. YET.... Trumps numbers remain the same. So either...

1. Trump is gaining in other demographics.

2. This poll/analysis is BS.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bee said:

your loyalty to Pelosi and all the Democrat's insanity and treachery is touching.... ^_^

Oh thats cute the Russian Troll is labeling me :tu:

Loyalty to truth, not party. This time around it just happens to be on the dems side.

18 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

There's no such thing as Constitutionally Required impeachment. Impeachment is a tool to be used, not a law to be broken.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, and then said:

Article I, Section 3, Clause 6: Trial of Impeachment

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.

100% True. What Pelosi was trying to do was make demands on how the Senate tried the House impeachment vote.

What she did was Unconstitutional and she should be impeached for it if you ask me. The evidence came from her own mouth. She made demands or she would withhold the bill.

• Like 2