Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How will Impeachment play out?

RavenHawk

On 12/15/2019 at 12:54 AM, and then said:

He's finally gotten to the end of his patience with these hacks.  What Trump is doing is giving a coequal branch of our government, the old middle finger salute.  If he continued cooperating, he'd eventually become totally neutered as a president.  NOWHERE in our Founding documents is there any mention of Congress having the authority to force the president to do anything

What this all gets down to in the end is we are experiencing hyper-partisanship along with a refusal to accept the will of the people in 2016.  These arguments or discussions have become pointless because the two parties believe what they WANT to believe and cannot or will not accept the will of the people.  Think about that a moment.  Two entities who look at the exact same dialogue and swear that only "their" version is real.  This isn't about facts it is about emotions and egos.  

The D's seem ready to continue the hate and with the coordination from the media they might be capable of carrying on if he wins re-election.  There have even been references online about using a Trump win in 2020 as proof that he cheated.  These media types are close to openly fomenting violence.

Reminds me a lot of what happened when Sarah Palin was governor of Alaska...endless lawsuits,  she couldn't even have time to do her job because of the prog nonsense. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, and then said:

And for every action, a remedy exists in reaction.  Presidents have an absolute right of Executive privilege.  It has been a bipartisan tradition until the Left lost every battle with Trump.  

Executive privilege is a tradition not mentioned in the Constitution.  Every president has invoked it.  It is used to protect national security needs and to protect White House deliberations.  It is not absolute:  if Congress is willing to appeal the issue to the courts, it can still gain access to EP material.  https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/when-presidents-use-executive-privilege

Doug

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gummug said:

Reminds me a lot of what happened when Sarah Palin was governor of Alaska...endless lawsuits,  she couldn't even have time to do her job because of the prog nonsense. 

Sarah Palin produced a lot of lawsuits because she was incompetent to serve as governor.

Doug

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Sarah Palin produced a lot of lawsuits because she was incompetent to serve as governor.

Doug

Care to say why?

12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Manwon, I don't agree.  I think it is a pattern.  He has been tough and rude to our allies, and some people love that.  Consistently he has backed down and tried to suck up to to adversarial heads of state.  That includes Putin, Xi, Kim, MBS, and Erdogan.

The problem I see is that President Trump will not agree that Russia meddled in the 2016 election. When he mentioned it to Putin and Putin said they didn't Trump just went along with it. The other heads of state have not so overtly attacked or tried to interfere in our National processes. Putin is Trumps criptonite, I truly believe that he has something on Trump that our President doesn't want exposed.

In my opinion China and Russia are the biggest threats to our National Security, the others are more like Fleas that can annoy you but really don't pose any major threat to us. Especially North Korea, Kim is nothing but the Fat little bully who feels it's important to make enough noise so that you will pay attention to him. However, he is firmly under China's boot, he will do nothing unless China allows it.

The rest of those mentioned don't even count in my books, like I said above Putin in my opinion certainly has something on our President. My concerns about that are with the meddling in 2016 election, and our President denying it, they will attempt to do it again in 2020 unless our President stands up and says no more. Unfortunately either he is in denial or truly afraid to do so, I have no idea which is correct, but one thing is certainly as bad as the other.

7 hours ago, bee said:

This whole Impeachment Sham is shameless subversion...

I know you are doing your best to convince people otherwise - but it's not working..... ;)

In my opinion it doesn't matter who is right, that doesn't discount the fact that our Political system is totally screwed up on the Right and the Left. There are outside influences controlling our politics from the grass roots all the way up to the President. I don't think enough Americans realize this, so not enough attention is being given to this subject. I hope this changes before the American people have no choice but to except it.

In my opinion this should be a good topic for discussion, I am not as well versed in the subject as are here. I hope that someone starts a thread on this issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

The problem I see is that President Trump will not agree that Russia meddled in the 2016 election. When he mentioned it to Putin and Putin said they didn't Trump just went along with it. The other heads of state have not so overtly attacked or tried to interfere in our National processes. Putin is Trumps criptonite, I truly believe that he has something on Trump that our President doesn't want exposed.

In my opinion China and Russia are the biggest threats to our National Security, the others are more like Fleas that can annoy you but really don't pose any major threat to us. Especially North Korea, Kim is nothing but the Fat little bully who feels it's important to make enough noise so that you will pay attention to him. However, he is firmly under China's boot, he will do nothing unless China allows it.

The rest of those mentioned don't even count in my books, like I said above Putin in my opinion certainly has something on our President. My concerns about that are with the meddling in 2016 election, and our President denying it, they will attempt to do it again in 2020 unless our President stands up and says no more. Unfortunately either he is in denial or truly afraid to do so, I have no idea which is correct, but one thing is certainly as bad as the other.

The Democratic party and their ankle biter media dogs are the biggest threat to this nation.:whistle:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

The Democratic party and their ankle biter media dogs are the biggest threat to this nation.:whistle:

Yes.  Divide and conquer.  Remember your fellow Americans are the enemy and not foreign dictators..........

Great unifier this president. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Yes.  Divide and conquer.  Remember your fellow Americans are the enemy and not foreign dictators..........

Great unifier this president. 

https://noqreport.com/2019/10/11/reminder-wapo-declared-impeachment-campaign-started-19-minutes-president-sworn/

Original WaPo article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/01/20/the-campaign-to-impeach-president-trump-has-begun/

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Like I said, great unifier this president.  Here's an idea.  Maybe we should elect someone that represents Americans instead of just one party and stop electing people that represent the extreme few?  I know crazy isn't it.

• Like 1

Just watched some of the Sham Impeachment - and it is totally split down political lines..
all I can say is that the Democrats have lost their collective minds and are trying to convince
themselves as well as the country that they have a case...

they have no shame and it's a weird kind of insanity that has taken them over from the moment
Trump won the election... 

It's a waste of public money and people's time..... just unbelievable .....

The only way to punish the stupid Democrats is to vote for Trump in the next election....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bee said:

Just watched some of the Sham Impeachment - and it is totally split down political lines..
all I can say is that the Democrats have lost their collective minds and are trying to convince

they have no shame and it's a weird kind of insanity that has taken them over from the moment

The only way to punish the stupid Democrats is to vote for Trump in the next election....

I know.  It's weird how people don't believe that Trump is honestly fighting corruption when he directed his personal lawyer to do this.  Just because he had to pay a $2 million dollar fine for defrauding a charity and only seems focused on investigating his political opponents people think that he isn't honest in this.   Weird, I tell you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Thanks for you reply, but the problem I outlined is both affecting the Left and the Right. It's an issue outside of American politics, and I know you have the intellegents to see that.

Edited by Manwon Lender

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I know.  It's weird how people don't believe that Trump is honestly fighting corruption when he directed his personal lawyer to do this.  Just because he had to pay a $2 million dollar fine for defrauding a charity and only seems focused on investigating his political opponents people think that he isn't honest in this.   Weird, I tell you.

I don't know but, do think it ok if he defrauded his own charity?

7 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Americans living 100 years from now will look back at today as a dirty stain on US history.

But rather than being Trump they look at in disgust it will be the Democrats. The USA has gone bonkers over the last 30 years with minorities and identity politics taking precedent over sane government policies. Things have gradually deteriorated to the current mess today that is the Democrat Party.

Trump won the election because the ordinary voter has had enough of them. But rather than listen they are trying to destroy via any means possible the leader they elected to fix their country. I predict today is both the low point and the turning point where their country will start the move back towards sanity.

Trump is going to be seen in the history books as a hero, the saviour of the USA, the one who stood his ground against these left-wing tyrants by ramming democracy down their throats. The Democrats are going to be handed one of the worst (if not the worst) election results in US history come 2020.

neither of us are Americans but if there is any justice in the World / US....the bolded above will 
come to pass...

if the Democrats... (acting as a front for the Swamp and Deep State) get away with this ridiculous nonsense
I don't know what's to become of America.... I really don't....

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bee said:

So far 2 Democrats have told the Democrats where to go.

But they still have a decent majority in the House of Representatives.

1 minute ago, bee said:

neither of us are Americans but if there is any justice in the World / US....the bolded above will 

come to pass...

if the Democrats... (acting as a front for the Swamp and Deep State) get away with this ridiculous nonsense
I don't know what's to become of America.... I really don't....

Are there no legal remedies that Trump can use against these corrupt senators?

I think that voters want a fair and impartial trial in the Senate - regardless of outcome.  Those who don't produce that trial will be remembered in November.

Doug

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I don't know but, do think it ok if he defrauded his own charity?

This article talks about it:  https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a30208282/trump-admit-crooked-charity-pay-2-million/

But to answer your question- Apparently half of America thinks it's okay, so who am I disagree. 

Edit to add: I find it hilarious that Trump kids have to take a court ordered class on why it is bad to steal money from charities.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Thanks 2

Just now, RabidMongoose said:

So far 2 Democrats have told the Democrats where to go.

But they still have a decent majority in the House of Representatives.

Thank heavens for a Democrat with a mind of their own on this matter...

That Nadler bloke is annoying and slurs his words a bit...
Perhaps the CIA have a Mind Control Beam on him... advanced Puppet Technology...^_^

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

This article talks about it:  https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a30208282/trump-admit-crooked-charity-pay-2-million/

But to answer your question- Apparently half of America thinks it's okay, so who am I disagree. 

He defrauded those who donated to his charity by using their money for purposes other than they intended.

Doug

1 minute ago, bee said:

Thank heavens for a Democrat with a mind of their own on this matter...

That Nadler bloke is annoying and slurs his words a bit...
Perhaps the CIA have a Mind Control Beam on him... advanced Puppet Technology...^_^

Now to find some Republicans with minds of their own.

Doug

• Like 1

Can Trump not take Congress to Court for holding an impeachment when there is no material evidence of criminal conduct and when his behaviour is typical compared to past Presidents?