Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How will Impeachment play out?

RavenHawk

10 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

rump won the election because the ordinary voter has had enough of them. But rather than listen they are trying to destroy via any means possible the leader they elected to fix their country. I predict today is both the low point and the turning point where their country will start the move back towards sanity.

The problem with your hypothesis is that  winning an election does  not place one above the law.  In fact that is the absolute essence of what this is about.

I dont really care about electioneering while discussing this issue. Thats the very swampy behavior that trump was allegedly elected to change.

10 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

For openers, they claim that Trump's letter was wrong, because he got the Electoral Votes wrong. He claimed he had a landslide win. The CNN 'fact checker' then obsesses that he got the figures wrong. He understated Hilary's vote by 2-3, and exaggerated HIS vote by a similar amount. 

Seeing as the figures where something like 232 (Hilary) to 307 (Trump), this is a ridiculous quibble. Nevertheless, it is trumped - so to speak - as being an example where his letter was factually inaccurate. 

Either its factually accurate or its not. You yourself are claiming it was factually inaccurate, you just dont like that he got called on it. 

• Like 1

So im just rolling out of bed and getting caught up, anyone think the votes are gonna change after todays debates?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So im just rolling out of bed and getting caught up, anyone think the votes are gonna change after todays debates?

Nah.  Seems like just a bunch of arguing and crying.  No new information one way or the other.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Like I said, great unifier this president.  Here's an idea.  Maybe we should elect someone that represents Americans instead of just one party and stop electing people that represent the extreme few?  I know crazy isn't it.

How's he supposed to be a unifier when the Democrat party was totally enraged over the fact Hillary lost.

The division is the direct result of the Democrat party not winning the 2016 election.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Thanks for you reply, but the problem I outlined is both affecting the Left and the Right. It's an issue outside of American politics, and I know you have the intellegents to see that.

I don't think outside influence is as dire as it is being made out to be. If one simply looks back on prior administrations each one has conjured up a boogeyman to further their agenda.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

How's he supposed to be a unifier when the Democrat party was totally enraged over the fact Hillary lost.

The division is the direct result of the Democrat party not winning the 2016 election.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/17/impeachment-forever-house-vows-to-continue-probes-no-matter-what-senate-decides/

We can expect the hate and desperation to continue into 2021 if he wins.  It's like the world's longest non-stop tantrum.  It'll be interesting to see if the size of the support for the D's is affected over time.  We seem to be watching the media stoke a revolution in slow motion.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, and then said:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/17/impeachment-forever-house-vows-to-continue-probes-no-matter-what-senate-decides/

We can expect the hate and desperation to continue into 2021 if he wins.  It's like the world's longest non-stop tantrum.  It'll be interesting to see if the size of the support for the D's is affected over time.  We seem to be watching the media stoke a revolution in slow motion.  

What makes the Democrats think that they will even have the majority in the House after the 2020 election?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bee said:

to be honest I think 8 years of putting up with all the spiteful nonsense he has had to put up
with is enough for anyone... Trump's tough but he's human at the end of the day.... and can
only do so much.... 

More than removing the 2 term cap on the Presidents office.... PUTTING a cap of 2 terms on being a
Congressman / woman or Senator would be a better idea..... that way the hopeless ones can't dig in
and dominate... for endless years....

Now that explains why he fits eight years of golf into four.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

What makes the Democrats think that they will even have the majority in the House after the 2020 election?

Hope springs eternal :)   I hope that a significant number of those who won in Red States get to see the wisdom that Matt Gaetz shared with them - "You should rent, not buy, in DC"  :w00t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Now that explains why he fits eight years of golf into four.

The Orange man has accomplished FAR more than the light brown one did in 8 years.  He deserves the recreation :yes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, and then said:

The Orange man has accomplished FAR more than the light brown one did in 8 years.  He deserves the recreation :yes:

So not only do you ignore his hypocrisy and greed you cheer it on, nice :tu:

Trump Has Spent $115 Million On Golf Trips ― Or 287 Years Of Presidential Salary

With his Thanksgiving vacation, President Donald Trump’s golf hobby has now cost Americans an estimated $115 million in travel and security expenses ― the equivalent of 287 years of the presidential salary he frequently boasts about not taking.

Of that amount, many hundreds of thousands ― perhaps millions ― of dollars have gone into his own cash registers, as Secret Service agents, White House staff and other administration officials stay and eat at his hotels and golf courses.

• Like 2

Some of us have jobs, so I’ve only peaked in from time to time.  Watching the Progs get up and speak reminds me how cowards gather in a bar, getting drunk and trying to encourage each other to act as a mob to go over to the jail to lynch a prisoner.  But the sheriff shows up to put a stop to it, releases the hero and jails the guilty.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

This is going to be good.  I don’t know how Trump manages to do this?  He has really good instincts.  The house is finishing up its embarrassment just in time for the President to rip it at his rally.  Is this a man who is worried?  Is this a man that knows he has right on his side?

• Like 3

Just now, RavenHawk said:

I don’t know how Trump manages to do this? 

Do you mean besides the published schedule that the house put out? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Do you mean besides the published schedule that the house put out? :lol:

And how long has that schedule been out?  About 3-1/2 years ago?  But seriously, a rally takes a while to organize.  No one can write this stuff up!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

I see.  He's working on point 5, right?

Point 2  "Golf can connect world leaders in an informal setting"

"President Eisenhower saw golf as a way to foster goodwill and understanding among an international community. “Not only do I have a great love for the game of golf -- no matter how badly I play it," said Ike, "but I have also the belief that through every kind of meeting, through every kind of activity to which we can bring together more often and more intimately peoples of our several countries, by that measure we will do something to solve the difficulties and the tensions that this poor old world seems nowadays to so much endure.” It could also be used in domestic affairs as well, like when President Obama and Speaker of the House John Boehner -- in the midst of harsh political matchup -- set aside their party affiliations to take to the golf course to find common ground. When he was interviewed by David Feherty last summer, Trump said that while he wouldn't play much golf as president, he would use the sport as a way to connect with world leaders and Congress. This ideology has already been practiced by Trump, who played with Japan Prime Minister Shinzō Abe at Mar-a-Lago."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WVK said:

Point 2  "Golf can connect world leaders in an informal setting"

"President Eisenhower saw golf as a way to foster goodwill and understanding among an international community. “Not only do I have a great love for the game of golf -- no matter how badly I play it," said Ike, "but I have also the belief that through every kind of meeting, through every kind of activity to which we can bring together more often and more intimately peoples of our several countries, by that measure we will do something to solve the difficulties and the tensions that this poor old world seems nowadays to so much endure.” It could also be used in domestic affairs as well, like when President Obama and Speaker of the House John Boehner -- in the midst of harsh political matchup -- set aside their party affiliations to take to the golf course to find common ground. When he was interviewed by David Feherty last summer, Trump said that while he wouldn't play much golf as president, he would use the sport as a way to connect with world leaders and Congress. This ideology has already been practiced by Trump, who played with Japan Prime Minister Shinzō Abe at Mar-a-Lago."

Certainly nobody knows golf better than Trump.  But, how come the he didn't know this before he got elected?  Why the promises that he wouldn't carry on the course of conduct he so openly criticised?

• Like 1

Well.  He's impeached.  So there is forever a black mark beside his name in the history books.

So far, it has been a success for the Dems.  They stood for the right in spite of whatever cost there may be to their political careers.  But that's alright.  You can always find another job, but where do you go for a new soul?

While it looks like Trump will survive the trial, he may not.  Moscow Mitch says he's not going to call impeachment to the floor.  That will likely cost him his Senate seat next election - he's already being challenged.  I believe the American people want a fair and impartial trial and if they don't get it, there will be a lot who feel the system has cheated them again.  And they'll remember that on Election Day.  So a victory for Trump in the trial may backfire on him in November - stay tuned.

Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Trump will survive the Senate; they all have... but he is now permanently marred.

I suspect that Trump will effort towards some unusually extraordinary effort to have his impeachment expunged... which won't  work.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Trump will survive the Senate

He won't have to.  Pelosi and the Dems will fail to send their sham impeachment to the Senate where it would certainly suffer immediate termination.

This is as good as it gets for the anti-Trumpers...they have had their symbolic, meaningless "vote" and tomorrow Nancy will have a giant hangover.

Then the other shoe drops.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I don't think outside influence is as dire as it is being made out to be. If one simply looks back on prior administrations each one has conjured up a boogeyman to further their agenda.

That certainly isn't the case here, our election process was tampered with, and it will most likely happen again in 2020 unless steps are taken to prevent it. When you have a President who doesn't believe that it occurred, it's very hard to except that steps will be taken.

Peace.

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Some of us have jobs, so I’ve only peaked in from time to time.  Watching the Progs get up and speak reminds me how cowards gather in a bar, getting drunk and trying to encourage each other to act as a mob to go over to the jail to lynch a prisoner.  But the sheriff shows up to put a stop to it, releases the hero and jails the guilty.

I have a job, and I am getting while I type this very post. Even when I am not on vacation, I do however, agree with you that drunks do need the courage of numbers on their side before they will act. Hell, it even happens right here on this forum, one person makes a comment and 5 others gang up them to divert the point intended. Then the Sheriff (Mods) put a stop to it and saves the hero.

Peace.