Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nearly 700,000 will lose food stamps

DieChecker

On 12/5/2019 at 3:10 PM, South Alabam said:

The biggest problem internally with the U.S in my opinion is fraud. Insurance fraud, Medicare fraud, Welfare fraud, Disability compensation fraud

Tax fraud... 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Have nice day.:tu:

You are a very, very childish individual Manwon.. with a level of imagination to go with it.

Sad stuff.

2 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

My daughter is permanently and totally disabled, yet has been turned down for SS Disability.  She is living on Food Stamps which tRUMP is terminating.  I pay for her health care.  From where I sit, the system is corrupt.  And ending Food Stamps just makes it more corrupt.  But what do you expect from a corrupt president?

Doug

Thats terrible Doug, I can only say I sympathize.. and that I respect you greatly for doing what you do. Scandalous policies.

Maybe you should move (with her) to my neck of the woods, pretty sure youd be better off here (Netherlands).

1 hour ago, Phaeton80 said:

You are a very, very childish individual Manwon.. with a level of imagination to go with it.

Sad stuff.

No imagination just facts, concerning the stance you take on every post you make, you can hide until you look in the mirror. As far childish, you are over the top when it comes to being childish and insecure. Please spread your Islamic doctrine to some one else, and keep defending the Middle East and your people.

Every forum has one of you on it, at least your not alone.

Your secret is safe with me, if I outed you there would be questions to be answered.

You got some serious issues guy, you need to seek professional help.

I haven’t been following any of this. What I do know is that my mom lost hers and she is disabled, in bad health, and can barely walk and she lost hers not long back. So that sucks. I don’t really know how food stamps or any of that works in general having always supported myself but as long as the people who really need them can still get them, it wouldn’t be a problem. In my mom’s case, I don’t know the specifics of why hers were cut.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I’m going to take a wild guess here.  So you’re pointing out that the unemployment rate began to drop under Obama?  Well yes, of course, that’s what these numbers indicate, but are you interested in the whole story?  Millions were leaving the workforce and those jobs were disappearing.  Remember Obama said that these jobs were never coming back?  It’s easy to keep unemployment low when you can write off jobs and people from the workforce.  Under Trump, jobs did return and those people are returning to the workforce.  It’s surprising that with the numbers of people returning to the workforce, the unemployment rate should be going up.  But it seems that the reappearing jobs are a one-to-one ratio with those returning to the workforce.  I find that highly interesting.  It’s almost as if someone was trying to take control of the economy??

4 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

You got some serious issues guy, you need to seek professional help.

No you need to stop being a Muslim Apologist, i know that you have been called that before here and on other forums. But the thing that is really amazing is the people who made those statements  have Know idea how right they were. You can call me anything you wish to, nothing you say means anything to me, you also can't hide who you are and what you really think. So go down to the Dutch Public Health Clinic or the cave your hiding in and get your next Heroin injection, you will feel better later.

i suppose that's all the professional help you need.:no:

3 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

I haven’t been following any of this. What I do know is that my mom lost hers and she is disabled, in bad health, and can barely walk and she lost hers not long back. So that sucks. I don’t really know how food stamps or any of that works in general having always supported myself but as long as the people who really need them can still get them, it wouldn’t be a problem. In my mom’s case, I don’t know the specifics of why hers were cut.

I am sorry to hear about your mother that really sucks, but in many cases food stamps are based on income. Not to mention that mistakes are made, the way it sounds in your mothers case. If I were you I would find out the specifics, you may be able to help more than you know. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 11:00 AM, Doug1029 said:

People who have a severe disability are often denied help.  In order to get a SS Disability you have to hire a lawyer and sue the Federal Government.  Technically, it's not a trial, but there are still many hearings and appeals.  The result is a goldmine for lawyers who get 25% of the amount the disabled would have received had they not had to sue.  This is a welfare program for lawyers.

Doug

And yet those qualifying as disabled doubles in the 8 years under Obama.

https://www.investors.com/news/ssdi-disability-rolls-skyrocket-under-obama/

I'm sure it's hard, but if your going to live the rest of your life on disability should it be a one page form?

12 hours ago, Doug1029 said:

My daughter is permanently and totally disabled, yet has been turned down for SS Disability.  She is living on Food Stamps which tRUMP is terminating.  I pay for her health care.  From where I sit, the system is corrupt.  And ending Food Stamps just makes it more corrupt.  But what do you expect from a corrupt president?

Doug

I'm sad to hear about your daughter. Are you still trying to fight the system?

8 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I'm sure it's hard, but if your going to live the rest of your life on disability should it be a one page form?

My guess is that at least some of the reason for the increase is the way they determine disability.  You don't have to be tied to a gurney being fed with tubes.  You merely have to not be able to work enough to consistently support yourself.  During the recession and the slow recovery when jobs were scarce that would have applied to a larger group of people.  It was an employer's market and there was no reason for them to employ anyone who was less than 100% capable.  It makes me wonder if word didn't come down from the top to all the judges to approve as many people as possible to make the unemployment numbers look better.  Once you're officially disabled you're no longer considered unemployed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I don't know where it's a one page form.  When I applied it was a several page form with essay questions.  I don't recall exactly but I think they wanted job and medical history and detailed descriptions of difficulties you encountered with employment.  After the initial denial they essentially wanted the same thing all over again a year later.

23 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

:mellow:

Oh lawd.. where do these people come from.. Something in the water over there?

We are a rare breed.  We speak truth to corruption.  The corrupted have a difficult time, parsing our words.  It is like poison to them.

12 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I believe those numbers.  If there is a large backlog of people waiting to obtain disability and the rules suddenly make it easier for them, then there will be a large increase in the number of applications being approved.  tRUMP's hard-nosed attitude has guaranteed a lot of new entries into the program(s) as soon as he is gone.

My daughter's medical records are a stack 18 inches high, all attested by physicians (experts).  Even a ten-page form, as long as it's something an ordinary citizen can fill out, is reasonable.  But to keep filling out the same form again and again for appeal after appeal, makes no sense.  I wonder if the system isn't spending a hundred thousand dollars to make sure nobody steals a dime.  Also, I suspect that the process could be made much more efficient with a good computer system.  Congress has been slow to appropriate funds for computer systems that would more than pay for themselves in the first few months of operation.

Doug

12 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I'm sad to hear about your daughter. Are you still trying to fight the system?

Sort of.  She has been involved in  hearings for over five years, now.  All I ever did was to archive the records.

Doug

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

We are a rare breed.  We speak truth to corruption.  The corrupted have a difficult time, parsing our words.  It is like poison to them.

I didn't know you were talking to tRUMP.  What did he say?

Doug

16 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

I didn't know you were talking to tRUMP.  What did he say?

Doug

You seem to have a lot of useful knowledge in certain areas but your constant insults to President Trump at every opportunity and the childish representation of his name undermines your credibility and makes it hard to take you serious.  Just a friendly observation.  Carry on, if you must.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 9:58 AM, Phaeton80 said:

:mellow:

Oh lawd.. where do these people come from.. Something in the water over there?

No, I think RavenHawk and I both use water from the same water system.  It has nothing to do with "over there", it has to do with you disagree with someone, an individual, so don't be putting everyone in the same pot,   You wouldn't like it if we did that to you about "where ever" you are from, so cut it out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

** double post **

Edited by Desertrat56

1 hour ago, Big Jim said:

You seem to have a lot of useful knowledge in certain areas but your constant insults to President Trump at every opportunity and the childish representation of his name undermines your credibility and makes it hard to take you serious.  Just a friendly observation.  Carry on, if you must.

Thanks for the input.  Trump is probably the biggest immediate problem in the world as regards climate change.  If govt is going to address climate change, we first need to get rid of him.   He knows nothing at all about climate and yet his followers treat him as if he were a god, mindlessly repeating his false statements.

He got me started on disliking him early.  Before he was even sworn in he announced he was going to close down all climate-related websites.  That includes tens of thousands of datasets needed for research, including at that time, 9400 tree ring chronologies.  I admit dendrochronologists were a bit short-sighted in not already having their datasets backed up properly, especially in view of a flood that nearly wiped out NOAA's computer center in 2013.  At any rate, NOAA's data was backed up by the University of Arizona, Simon Frasier University in Canada and several in Europe.  They're now out of Trump's reach.  There are several other data collections that I don't think Trump even knows of, including some that don't keep their records on line, but will email a copy to you if you ask.  That way they comply with the order and at the same time make the data available.

Fortunately, industry can see the writing on the wall and is taking steps to solve climate-related problems before the govt forces them to.  The industrial approach is to come up with replacement technologies and either implement them now or have them ready should the need arise.  I think that's the way to go and govt should assist that effort, doing basic research and allowing industry to do the applied stuff.

We have a huge research capacity and the ability to implement promising technologies, but we lack leadership.

Doug

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doug1029 said:

Thanks for the input.  Trump is probably the biggest immediate problem in the world as regards climate change.  If govt is going to address climate change, we first need to get rid of him.   He knows nothing at all about climate and yet his followers treat him as if he were a god, mindlessly repeating his false statements.

He got me started on disliking him early.  Before he was even sworn in he announced he was going to close down all climate-related websites.  That includes tens of thousands of datasets needed for research, including at that time, 9400 tree ring chronologies.  I admit dendrochronologists were a bit short-sighted in not already having their datasets backed up properly, especially in view of a flood that nearly wiped out NOAA's computer center in 2013.  At any rate, NOAA's data was backed up by the University of Arizona, Simon Frasier University in Canada and several in Europe.  They're now out of Trump's reach.  There are several other data collections that I don't think Trump even knows of, including some that don't keep their records on line, but will email a copy to you if you ask.  That way they comply with the order and at the same time make the data available.

Fortunately, industry can see the writing on the wall and is taking steps to solve climate-related problems before the govt forces them to.  The industrial approach is to come up with replacement technologies and either implement them now or have them ready should the need arise.  I think that's the way to go and govt should assist that effort, doing basic research and allowing industry to do the applied stuff.

We have a huge research capacity and the ability to implement promising technologies, but we lack leadership.

Doug

Hate and childish tendencies explained.  Thanks.  Because one of his polices rocked your personal boat you are justified to hurl constant insults and play games with his name.  That'll teach him to mess with you.   The other tree ring readers must be so proud. 

22 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

Hate and childish tendencies explained.  Thanks.  Because one of his polices rocked your personal boat you are justified to hurl constant insults and play games with his name.  That'll teach him to mess with you.   The other tree ring readers must be so proud. 

Politics is politics.  Justifications have nothing to do with politics.  You can like somebody, or not like them and you don't have to justify that to anybody.

I do not hate anybody, but I do see that the country would be a lot better off with somebody else in the White House.  I used to think that Pence was no improvement on Trump, but I now see that Pence, at least, has a moral compass.  Moral reasoning can reach him.  Not so with Trump.

I was at the Forest Inventory and Analysis conference two weeks ago.  FIA is a Federal agency, part of the US Forest Service.  Trump's Secretary of Agriculture, Sonny Perdue, prevailed upon the FIA to do a forest inventory of some private land in Georgia that some lawyer friends of his were thinking of buying.  They spent $6500 of taxpayer money on this private inventory - money needed for legitimate field work.  There are consulting foresters who do this for a living and are well within the means of a group of lawyers.  Those lawyers should have been referred to a list of consultants.  They had no business stealing my tax money for their own, private use.  This is just one example of how Trump's corruption has spread through the government.  The people he appoints often do not even realize that they are committing theft.

Another example is Scott Pruitt, formerly of the EPA and formerly Attorney General of Oklahoma.  He spent a huge amount of money on security devices, far above the budgeted $4500.  His excesses led to his resignation, but the taxpayers have not been paid back for what he stole.  As soon as Trump is out of office, GAO needs to embark on a major campaign to recoup these thefts, but that cannot happen while Trump is protecting the thieves.

And another example is Betsy DeVos who thought she didn't have to obey a court order voiding $10 million in student loans for people whose for-profit colleges folded without awarding them a viable degree.  The judge finally fined her $100,000 and threatened her with jail if she didn't comply.  She has acted on only 1% of the public service student loan applications she is supposed to have processed.  Her incompetence and disregard for the law are becoming legendary, yet Trump refuses to fire her (She made a major contribution to his campaign.).

The EPA has been pretty-much gutted under this administration.  Trump swore an oath he would uphold the laws of the United States, but he is not upholding environmental laws.  Where I come from, a person who would lie under oath is the lowest form of scum imaginable.

I could probably go on for hundreds of pages citing specific examples, but you get the idea.

Doug

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, I think RavenHawk and I both use water from the same water system.  It has nothing to do with "over there", it has to do with you disagree with someone, an individual, so don't be putting everyone in the same pot,   You wouldn't like it if we did that to you about "where ever" you are from, so cut it out.

Might want to read before jumping in and reacting defensively because youre drinking thesame water..

It has nothing to do with 'disagreeing', nothing wrong with that. Its about the unhinged reactions.. First someone claimed 'he checked my background, had some sort of big secret about my person, and warned the NWO was listening' like a fourteen year old.. after which your fellow drinkwater recipient interpreted a general statement about the number of people receiving foodstamps as an attack on Trump, immediately making it some sort of Obama Vs Trump thing spewing out a tiresome barrage of 'Obummer' and 'Holy Trump' rhetoric, which is completely besides the point I was trying to make.

Big Jim:  Perhaps you could explain to me how it is that people who think Trump is the greatest thing since sliced bread, also think calling somebody a "Trump hater" is supposed to explain anything.  It is obviously meant as an insult, but what about it is supposed to be insulting?

I have been waiting for almost three years now for somebody to post an accomplishment of Trump's, but so far all I've seen is rehashes of existing agreements (NAFTA), examples of destruction (EPA and mineral leases in Yellowstone) and an extremely regressive change in income taxes.  What is there to like about Trump?  I'm serious.  What has Trump accomplished that you are proud of?

Doug

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am sorry to hear about your mother that really sucks, but in many cases food stamps are based on income. Not to mention that mistakes are made, the way it sounds in your mothers case. If I were you I would find out the specifics, you may be able to help more than you know. 

She basically has no income and barely scrapes by. She’s in Florida and I’m in Indiana. I will have to do some research and find out what the reasons are.

• Thanks 1