Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trayvon Martin's family sued for $100m

Eldorado

"George Zimmerman, who shot dead unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012, is suing his family, their attorney, the US state and others for around $100m (£77m).

"The neighbourhood watch volunteer was cleared of the 17-year-old's murder in one of Florida's most-high profile criminal cases.

"US law allowed him to say he shot Trayvon in self-defence, but the teenager's family and friends always insisted it was murder.

"The lawsuit claims the Martin family and lawyers used a fake witness against George Zimmerman."

Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-50671843

And at CBS Miami: https://miami.cbslocal.com/video/4228681-george-zimmerman-suing-trayvon-martins-family/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"George Zimmerman, who shot dead unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012, is suing his family, their attorney, the US state and others for around $100m (£77m).

Nobody has beaten this clown to death yet??? :mellow:

• Like 1

This is a case that will always bother me.  The Prosecutors were so entirely bungling, inept and unprepared for the case.  

9 hours ago, Vincennes said:

This is a case that will always bother me.  The Prosecutors were so entirely bungling, inept and unprepared for the case.  

As opposed to the thoroughly prepared prosecution team for the OJ Simpson trial?

• Haha 2

On 12/7/2019 at 11:32 AM, Vincennes said:

What I remember about the trial is being impressed by their opening statement, but then somewhere along the line, it seeming as though they weren't even trying.

Did you watch the Michael Drejka trial? It's a similar case, but the prosecutors were outstanding!