Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Orbs

Christina turner

I had an experience early morning the morning  before last (12/3/19) I woke up out of sleep and seen a pure white opaque orb about the size of a half of dollar within inches  it was to my left where my husband was sleeping he knew nothing about it I only seen it .The white orb did not move I lifted up to look at it and then laid back down and went to sleep it was peaceful I felt no harm .Now I’m left wondering why it was there for what purpose ? Does anyone have any advice? 

Edited by Christina turner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably a sleepy hallucination or something eye related. There's no reason to worry about it unless you start seeing them all the time.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Christina turner said:

Now I’m left wondering why it was there for what purpose ? 

No way for us to know but I think spirits will hover around people during sleep and appear to us as orbs. (I am a believer that many (not all) such orbs are paranormal/spiritual entities). It's probably a good thing that the one you saw gave you a peaceful vibe.

1 hour ago, Christina turner said:

Does anyone have any advice? 

Orb i avoid them usualy i dont know why?

Do you want advice or speculation on what it might be?  I have heard a lot about different things orbs can be, including what pappageorge suggested.  I have several pictures of my grandsons surrounded by orbs and I know they were not camera artifacts because the next day I took pictures with the same camera in the same place and there were no orbs.  It could be spirits, visitors looking through a dimensional hole, atmospheric phenomena that no one has investigated etc.  No one really knows and most refuse to acknowledge it as anything but imagination and dust motes.  A quarter size that stayed in the same place would not be a dust mote.

It is really up to you to figure out what you think it is.  Has someone in your husband's family passed recently?

38 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I have several pictures of my grandsons surrounded by orbs and I know they were not camera artifacts because the next day I took pictures with the same camera in the same place and there were no orbs. 

That doesn't mean anything - just because there was nothing in the air one day doesn't mean there won't be anything the next day. Dust and bugs don't follow a schedule.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Christina turner said:

Does anyone have any advice? 

I mean its probably dangerous dwelling with orbs.

59 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It could be spirits, visitors looking through a dimensional hole, atmospheric phenomena that no one has investigated etc.

They look smart maybe a being from otherwordly place. Maybe they are parasitic or even invasive or vampiric of some kind.

Edited by The Eternal Flame

3 hours ago, Christina turner said:

I had an experience early morning the morning  before last (12/3/19) I woke up out of sleep and seen a pure white opaque orb about the size of a half of dollar within inches  it was to my left where my husband was sleeping he knew nothing about it I only seen it .The white orb did not move I lifted up to look at it and then laid back down and went to sleep it was peaceful I felt no harm .Now I’m left wondering why it was there for what purpose ? Does anyone have any advice? 

The size of half a dollar, i saw a video last week the size of half a brain it was impressive...

Edited by The Eternal Flame

35 minutes ago, moonman said:

That doesn't mean anything - just because there was nothing in the air one day doesn't mean there won't be anything the next day. Dust and bugs don't follow a schedule.

It doesn't mean anything to you.  So what?

22 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It doesn't mean anything to you.  So what?

You're the one trying to say orbs in one photo and not in another somehow proves they are not normal and not camera artifacts (be it dust, lens flare, etc). Reality doesn't work that way, you can't rightly call that evidence of something unnatural.

If you want to delude yourself into thinking that means something I can't stop you, but I can call it what it is - an erroneous assumption.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, moonman said:

You're the one trying to say orbs in one photo and not in another somehow proves they are not normal and not camera artifacts (be it dust, lens flare, etc). Reality doesn't work that way, you can't rightly call that evidence of anything.

Yes, I said it and you disagree.  You don't get to choose what other people put meaning to.  Maybe you just need to rework the words you use, like you could have said "I don't believe there is meaning to that." instead of decreeing there is no meaning.  Maybe your wife's kisses have no meaning but you put meaning to them don't you, and it is non of my business whether they have meaning or not.  So remember you aren't in anyone else's head but your own.  Maybe if you had an experience that people said had no meaning you would understand what I am getting at. 

Why would you care what I or anyone else think about orbs?

9 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Why would you care what I or anyone else think about orbs?

I care when people put forward bad assumptions, like you did. I'm obligated to counter them with facts.

A few people out there actually care about having things explained, or at least be given realistic alternatives. I guess you aren't one.

Edited by moonman

16 minutes ago, moonman said:

I care when people put forward bad assumptions, like you did. I'm obligated to counter them with facts.

A few people out there actually care about having things explained, or at least be given realistic alternatives. I guess you aren't one.

So I put out there an experience I had without even stating my opinion of what it meant and you got all twisted as if I am not stating facts. 

Go back and read it and tell me where I said it was actually something, no, I did not, I said there are a lot of speculations, listed those, mentioned my experience and you think I am spreading lies. 

Like I said before, you don't get to tell others what has meaning for them.  That is the term you used.  If you don't have any experience then you can't comment.  If you have experience and have resolved it, with proof that others can accept as proof then give it to us.  You don't have it because you don't have the experience. 

You are passing out bad assumptions by interpreting what you read through your bias.  If you don't believe in orbs why are you posting in a thread of that title?  Leave it alone, or take on the mantle of troll because that is what you are doing, trolling. 

That is the one thing I don't get.  I understand Xeno, he has experience but you are just here telling people they are wrong with nothing to back it up and not even the conscious understanding that sometimes people just want examples of similar experience or suggestions.  Since you don't have that then move along.

You're sure getting worked up over nothing. You made an incorrect assumption, it's fine, we all do that sometimes. There's no reason to get p***ed when someone points it out. People make errors, others point out those errors, that's life. 

You seems to be upset with my wording on how I said it - I guess I don't really care about that, not my problem. I was not crass, or insulting, I just stated the incorrectness of the assumption. That's all.

Edited by moonman

3 minutes ago, moonman said:

You're sure getting worked up over nothing. You made an incorrect assumption, it's fine, we all do that sometimes. 

There's no reason to get p***ed when someone points it out. People make errors, others point out those errors, that's life. 

What is my incorrect assumption.  I pointed out yours, so at least do me the same courtesy.

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

What is my incorrect assumption.  I pointed out yours, so at least do me the same courtesy.

I already did, but AGAIN, just because a picture is taken in one location and has orbs followed by another picture in the same location with NO orbs, that does not discount natural camera anomalies being the cause as you alluded to.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, moonman said:

I already did, but AGAIN, just because a picture is taken in one location and has orbs followed by another picture in the same location with NO orbs, that does not discount natural camera anomalies being the cause as you alluded to.

That is not what you said previously.  Maybe you should have, then we would not have had this conversation. 

10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That is not what you said previously.  Maybe you should have, then we would not have had this conversation. 

That's EXACTLY what I said previously.

Edited by moonman

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

That doesn't mean anything -

You started with the above which is different than what you said the second time. 

32 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

just because a picture is taken in one location and has orbs followed by another picture in the same location with NO orbs, that does not discount natural camera anomalies

It does matter how you say something, not just what you say. 

11 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

You started with the above which is different than what you said the second time. 

It does matter how you say something, not just what you say. 

I said "it doesn't mean anything" because a belief based in an erroneous assumption is exactly that - it doesn't mean anything. It's a pointless observation based on illogical thinking, and not reality. The whole thought process means literally nothing since it's based on incorrect assumptions.

You are reading WAY too deep into this.

Edited by moonman

5 minutes ago, moonman said:

I said "it doesn't mean anything" because a belief based in an erroneous assumption is exactly that - it doesn't mean anything. It's a pointless observation based on illogical thinking, and not reality. The whole thought process means literally nothing.

You are reading WAY too deep into this.

And so are you reading too deep into it.  I never said what I believed or thought only what I experienced and noted.  I did say I know it was not camera artifacts, but I did not say I knew it was not dust etc.  You just want to make someone wrong and I don't feel like being that someone today.

15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

And so are you reading too deep into it.  I never said what I believed or thought only what I experienced and noted.  I did say I know it was not camera artifacts, but I did not say I knew it was not dust etc.  You just want to make someone wrong and I don't feel like being that someone today.

What exactly do you consider to be a camera artifact?

When you claim something like "I know it wasn't camera artifacts", in my mind that means you're talking about dust as well, especially when you immediately follow that with "It could be spirits, visitors looking through a dimensional hole, atmospheric phenomena that no one has investigated etc."

Discounting "artifacts" then going straight to "dimensional hole" but specifically omitting dust as the culprit is an odd thought process and is not what I thought you were saying.

Edited by moonman