Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is the Christmas star real?

The Eternal Flame

Arguably one of the most talked about astronomical events throughout history, was the star of Bethlehem even really a star?

Dec 05, 2019 It’s said to have guided three magi, or wise men, to the birth of Jesus Christ around two millennia ago, however, the origin of the guiding light of the star of Bethlehem, also known as the Christmas star, could have several astronomical explanations.

https://www.howitworksdaily.com/is-the-christmas-star-real/

• Like 3

or  maybe it was a Giant Mother Ship UFO?

32 minutes ago, The Eternal Flame said:

or  maybe it was a Giant Mother Ship UFO?

The star and three Magi story was added later, probably by a Zoroastrian convert so it didn't happen. Also the article (as with many others) fails to mention that Magi were more than astrologers. They were Zoroastrian Priests.

I suspect it was based on the Zoroastrian and Jewish "Morning/Guiding Star" concept in their theology. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

The star and three Magi story was added later, probably by a Zoroastrian convert so it didn't happen. Also the article (as with many others) fails to mention that Magi were more than astrologers. They were Zoroastrian Priests.

I suspect it was based on the Zoroastrian and Jewish "Morning/Guiding Star" concept in their theology. 

So you say that the star and Magi story never happened can you tell us more about it im confuse ...

Did it fail to mention more i suspect a lack of information maybe you can help by providing us more coverage about it...

Thank you for your comment Piney :nw:

• Thanks 1

It was the ISS1, simply just that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, toast said:

It was the ISS1, simply just that.

A ISS1 can you be more precise please...? :wacko:

Edited by The Eternal Flame

43 minutes ago, The Eternal Flame said:

A ISS1 can you be more precise please...? :wacko:

International Space Station

1 minute ago, toast said:

International Space Station

Whe cant see it its not enought bright in the sky i personally never saw it so its not a conclusive theory i understand people love to play and make jokes

Just now, The Eternal Flame said:

Whe cant see it its not enought bright in the sky

Of course we can, all of us. I for example watched it 2 times last Sunday.

Example: ISS visible passes for Montreal on Heavens Above

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toast said:

Of course we can, all of us. I for example watched it 2 times last Sunday.

Example: ISS visible passes for Montreal on Heavens Above

its not stationary it was i mean sorry.

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Did the astrologer of this time know wat a comet was maybe a lack of communication made the population name it star remember they was no internet 2000 years ago maybe also no newspaper.

3 hours ago, The Eternal Flame said:

So you say that the star and Magi story never happened can you tell us more about it im confuse ...

It was added later yes.

My theory was it was a stab at the Jews. One of the authors of one of the versions of Matthew, who wasn't Matthew was basically saying- 

*Look, a bigger religion than yours recognizes your King-Messiah but you don't*. 

• Like 3

On 12/5/2019 at 4:33 PM, Piney said:

It was added later yes.

My theory was it was a stab at the Jews. One of the authors of one of the versions of Matthew, who wasn't Matthew was basically saying- 

*Look, a bigger religion than yours recognizes your King-Messiah but you don't*. 

Possibility are infinite piney maybe you have the winning ticket.

8 hours ago, The Eternal Flame said:

Possibility are infinite piney maybe you have the winning ticket.

I have many well respected scholars saying "wow" and and agreeing with me and several citations in peer reviewed papers for that opinion. 

• 4 weeks later...