Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can your dreams predict a person's death ?

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Can your dreams predict a person's death ?

In witchcraft if you fell in a abyss the meaning of this nightmare is like the death card in tarot, its also dangerous dwelling with the abyss world in dream for those who by mistake or by purpose made a dream sachet connecting us to this world.

Edited by The Eternal Flame

My mother passed away this past Saturday 11/30/19. A few days before her death I awoke to the voice of my father who died in 1986 that said one word to me. Suffering!!! My mother was bed ridden a few weeks before her death.

Edited by Free99
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Free99 said:

My mother passed away this past Saturday 11/30/19. A few days before her death I awoke to the voice of my father who died in 1986 that said one word to me. Suffering!!! My mother was bed ridden a few weeks before her death.

Sorry for your loss. I hope you were comforted by your father's visit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I usually don't have dreams before someone dies, rather I sometimes get a gut feeling. My uncle passed away before Thanksgiving and the day he died, I woke up that morning with a feeling of something wrong that told me I need to call him. Well when I did his girlfriend he was living with answered and told my family the news. 

• Sad 2

It's like buying a particular car.  Suddenly, wow...they are everywhere...you had no idea how popular that...car...was, because you never noticed them before...suddenly, you notice!

We don't realize how often we think a thought.  We don't realize because our conscious memory only goes so far...and not very far at that.  So... if a particular thought...or in this case, dream  (all dreams are sparked by thought) occurs just prior to the actual death of someone...wow, it must be psychic...not really, it's a coincidence of frequency of thought, nothing more.

• Like 1

The subconscious probably detect a disease before it hit, Therefore, you can dream of it because your subconscious is telling you that this person is sick.

On 12/6/2019 at 11:12 AM, Calibeliever said:

Sorry for your loss. I hope you were comforted by your father's visit.

Thank you so much. It got me out of bed confused and half asleep. My mom was the first person that came to mind when I put two and two together.

On 12/5/2019 at 1:09 PM, UM-Bot said:

A 25-year study has looked into the correlation between precognitive death dreams and a person actually dying.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/332722/can-dreams-predict-another-persons-death

It hasn't happened lately, haven't had to attend funerals lately but generally since I was very young, if I had a dream and if there was a baby in it, we'd generally have a death in our immediate family, within 2 weeks to one day. And there is a distinct odor that I smell that also gives me a heads up on an upcoming death of someone I know friends and family.