Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Jesus Exist?

zep73

1 minute ago, Crikey said:

Elvis impersonators are everywhere and they all copy him by singing exactly the same words such as "Stay offa my blue suede shoes", "You ain't nothing but a hound dog", "I'm all shook up" and they'd never dream of changing a word.

Same with the bible writers, they all copy the first gospels to the letter, right Elv?-

Actually the textual evidence shows that they DID NOT. Nice fantasy you have though. You might try learning about the extant textual evidence before spouting off lies concerning them. 

cormac

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

The fact that we have extant texts of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Codex Sinaiticus, Codex Vaticanus, Codex Alexandrinus, the Septuagint, the Vulgate, etcetra puts the lie to that claim as they all DO NOT say exactly the same thing. Nice try though. 

cormac

yet another great use of the word fact= fascinating ;)

5 minutes ago, Crikey said:

If they all mention Jesus, there's your evidence OUTSIDE the bible that he existed..:)

You really ARE willfully ignorant, aren't you, since they are ALL versions of the Bible, most WRITTEN LATER. :rolleyes:

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

this is my serious opinion:
IF, if there is some kinda galactic federation out there; we (us humans) will not have contact with them until all this religious BS is put aside: 'eradicated, for want of a better word'

I honestly feel it's possible that they are waiting for us to eventually get out of the <belief in gods/ deities & religion etc> evolution stage before they make contact.... Probably something they've waited for many times before== who knows? I don't, that's for sure;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

this is my serious opinion:
IF, if there is some kinda galactic federation out there; we (us humans) will not have contact with them until all this religious BS is put aside: 'eradicated, for want of a better word'

I honestly feel it's possible that they are waiting for us to eventually get out of the <belief in gods/ deities & religion etc> evolution stage before they make contact.... Probably something they've waited for many times before== who knows? I don't, that's for sure;)

i'm confused @Crikey= why do you 'like' the above quote?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Yes 'religion' is an old fashioned word..Perhaps 'Galactic Federation' is just another term for God?

Jesus could have been a 'galactic federation spokesman'-

Jesus said- "I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going...I am not of this world...I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" (John 8:14/ 8:23/10:38/Matt 13:35)

Hey Spock will you listen to an alien visitor?

"Affirmative, it would be illogical not to listen, I'm all ears"

spock-station.jpg

• Like 1

if so, then why didn't he tell us that?

7 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

i'm confused @Crikey= why do you 'like' the above quote?

You suggested the idea of a "Galactic Federation" out there and I liked that as it shows you can think outside the box, you can probably trace your DNA bloodline to the ancient intellectual giants sent to improve the human gene pool...:D

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown" (Genesis 6:4)

rel-Giants34.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Remember, Jesus had to use everyday words, phrases and parables to get his message across to people and he knew they'd freak if he started talking about quantum physics and stuff..

"You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things, so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?" (John 3:12)

• Like 1

Remember, Jesus had to use everyday words, phrases and parables to get his message across to people and he knew they'd freak if he started talking about quantum physics and stuff..

I don't remember, I wasn't there...... So what was the point of being on earth if he/ it felt there was no way of putting his/ its point across to the 'more educated' of the time? = for me personally; watching someone like your good self talk is rather fascinating...all Due respect. Please carry on;)

Peace.

dej...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Actually the textual evidence shows that they DID NOT. Nice fantasy you have though. You might try learning about the extant textual evidence before spouting off lies concerning them. 

Mate, that's at least the 4th time today you've used the word "lie" and "lies" in your posts, be careful or people might think you're a little bit paranoid (no offence intended)..:D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Mate, that's at least the 4th time today you've used the word "lie" and "lies" in your posts, be careful or people might think you're a little bit paranoid (no offence intended)..:D

I call it as I see it since it's obvious you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

cormac

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

..So what was the point of being on earth if he/ it felt there was no way of putting his/ its point across to the 'more educated' of the time?..

God had to send him somewhere to start spreading the message, and the jews were the best of a bad bunch, but at least he had a 3-year run before they killed him.

If he'd have been sent to north America he'd have been scalped in 5 minutes, and if sent to Africa he'd have been straight into the cookpot..:D

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Crikey said:

God had to send him somewhere to start spreading the message, and the jews were the best of a bad bunch, but at least he had a 3-year run before they killed him.

If he'd have been sent to north America he'd have been scalped in 5 minutes, and if sent to Africa he'd have been straight into the cookpot..:D

yeah funny

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yeah funny

Thanks mate, I've been praying to God every night- "O god please make me funny" and it seems to be working..:lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Hey atheists

hey, don't talk like that in here!!!! You're coming across as if you know best!! You're showing disrespect for other thoughts/ feelings/ approaches with regards our (human) existence on this planet.. I don't know for sure & neither do you!

Now stop being a silly boy & say something meaningful= there's a good chap

4 minutes ago, Crikey said:

Thanks mate, I've been praying to God every night- "O god please make me funny" and it seems to be working..:lol:

maybe you should ask god for lessons in sarcasm

40 minutes ago, Crikey said:

38 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Will has something he wants to tell you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, eight bits said:

Will has something he wants to tell you.

Jesus, if the Gospel of Thomas can be trusted, appeared to be quite perplexed himself, by the mysteries of the Divine....

(29) Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit, it is a wonder. But if spirit came into being because of the body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this great wealth has made its home in this poverty."

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

(29) Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit, it is a wonder. But if spirit came into being because of the body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this great wealth has made its home in this poverty."

who's telling you/ us jesus said this?

Just now, Dejarma said:

who's telling you/ us jesus said this?

It is saying #29 of 100-odd attributed to him in the non-biblical "Gospel of Thomas"

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

It is saying #29 of 100-odd attributed to him in the non-biblical "Gospel of Thomas"

yeah= a story:sleepy:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yeah= a story:sleepy:

And you expect what ? A movie ?

• Haha 1

• The topic was locked