Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Jesus Exist?

zep73

15 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Itis true that in the last census (2016)  about 30% of adult australians described themselves as having no religion 

It doesn't mean the y have no belief, or faith, or sense of spirituality.

in 2012, only 10% of Australians identified as atheists  and  48% said no religion  That's interesting given that  in the 2016 census  only 30% described themselves as having no religion 

Religion might be more common among the older cohorts but faith and spirituality are just as common among the young In australia you are counted as  non religious  if you have no official affilition with a particular religion 

In the 2016 census, the ABS categorised 7,040,700 Australians (30.1%) as having no religion, up from 4,796,800 (22.3%) in 2011.[1] This category includes agnosticism, atheism, humanism, rationalism, and people who are unaffiliated with any particular religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Australia

Thus, while "non religious" is increasing, "non believers " are not.

Its a bit like still following the football, but no longer being a paid up club member . 

A lot of australians, including myself, figure it is none of the govts business which religion ( if any ) we subscribe to 

Google's not telling me anything that I'm not seeing 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crikey said:

Ah, Jesus impersonators, a bit like Elvis impersonators, that's a hilarious new consp-theory I hadn't heard before..:D

High Priest- "Jesus of Nazareth alias the Christ, the Messiah and the Son of God, you stand accused of upsetting people, how do you plead?"

Jesus- "You ain't nothing but a hound dawg"

Jesus-finger_zpsnyhs42cc.jpg~original

by crikey mate .Your'e not an Aussie are you? your humour is very Australian.  

10 hours ago, Habitat said:

Not really surprising that woman tried to run you over, must have been a reaction to your charm.

You are an ahole, it's just your nature. To say this, you must truly be a disgusting human being 

I bet you are a gutless wonder in person though 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sherapy said:

Gotcha, I get this.

I was like this once too.

I think I was simply making peace with uncertainty.

Seeing more gray is really ones tolerance for uncertainty. IMHO

Being right, or being sure it’s really about thinking one is in control, really we aren’t  as much as we wish we were,

Now, when faced with the angst of the unknown I remind myself to accept without preference, I will figure things out either way.

My energy goes into letting go, now. 

For me being an Atheist was liberating, as a believer or one who hadn't questioned as a kid I envied the sure of themselves that the Atheist represented. But there is uncertainty on the Atheist side too, no quick fixes, Then one finds a middle ground, 

I always look at how defensive ( clinging/needy) one is ( invested in the outcome) including myself. The more defensive the more invested in the outcome, practically speaking this lends to a lot of anxiety. 

This is my two cent not anything more.

How interesting ! And true ! People do like to think they are in control, or at least in a situation controlled to their satisfaction. Uncertainty can be unsettling, but life is full of uncertainty. There really is no "cure", we are designed by nature to solve problems, and having no problems at all would itself, be a "problem" ! I don't think any belief system that is designed to relieve people of the responsibility of thinking and acting for themselves, can be healthy. Which is why I can't warm to "organized" religion of any kind.

Edited by Habitat

7 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Don’t you like Red Bull’s? Isn’t it something you treat yourself and enjoy, get delight from?

boomer0.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You are an ahole, it's just your nature. To say this, you must truly be a disgusting human being 

You certainly are a charming fellow, no-one ever says these kinds of things to me.

9 hours ago, psyche101 said:

That's got nothing to do with the fact that several Jesuses who do have records for exist but there are none for a Jesus of Nazareth. And those Jesuses all played roles that the one is supposed to have.

Crikey Moses. What is do hard to understand about that? 

Who cares if many had that name. What had that got to do with the records I'm discussing?

It just proves that, having many people by the same name does not mean that one of those, so named, never existed. It doesn't even suggest that is true.    It is totally irrelevant how many men called jesus lived in that time and place 

You have some argument tha t the religious jesus,ie he who originated christianity,  has no contemporary proof, although there is more proof for him than for many historical  peole of his era  We have writings about him from a few years after his death, whereas for many historical figures there is nothing written (and still existing ) for centuries 

Ps i am a little suspect that there is historical proof for other jesus who could be confused  with the historical "christian" one.

But if there is then firs, how are the y connected contextually and in a linear sequence to christianity and second, why doesn't this concern historical experts   Clearly they find no context or connection between those jesus and christianity,   probably because none exists 

4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You certainly are a charming fellow, no-one ever says these kinds of things to me.

I do be that very hard to believe. You are one of the worst people it has ever been my misfortune to cross paths with. I hope one day soon will be the last time I ever hear of you. You are a very poor excuse for a human being. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, psyche101 said:

I do be that very hard to believe. You are one of the worst people it has ever been my misfortune to cross paths with. I hope one day soon will be the last time I ever hear of you. You are a very poor excuse for a human being. 

All I see in that is that there must be something I am saying, that you feel threatened by. All I do is tell the tell the truth as I see it.

Just now, Habitat said:

All I see in that is that there must be something I am saying, that you feel threatened by. All I do is tell the tell the truth as I see it.

You are like any old fire and brimstone preacher, full of anger, stuck in your ways, and no thought for anyone but yourself. I shall remember that comment as long as you dirty any area of life I wander into. That's comment however was even lower and more disgusting than you usually are. Know you have crossed the line today. One day that will haunt you. 

19 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

A., report habit, it is a bold faced lie about you and he is saying this to pick a fight. 

Edited by Sherapy

9 hours ago, Mark Sanders said:

Never seen the movie with Kirk Douglas? It was a joke...

Why well i think the answer is quite obvious as do you lol.

I asked:

How is it all those Jesuses have records but the alleged most important one does not.

Can you answer that or not?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You are like any old fire and brimstone preacher, full of anger, stuck in your ways, and no thought for anyone but yourself. I shall remember that comment as long as you dirty any area of life I wander into. That's comment however was even lower and more disgusting than you usually are. Know you have crossed the line today. One day that will haunt you. 

A., report him and put him on ignore.

That was out of line it is harassment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Monster’s your jam? :wub:

Mine is anything from here.

https://www.nekterjuicebar.com/pages/menu

God no! I hate Monster's. This is my vice. https://www.mountaindew.com/mtn-dew-amp/ namely the strawberry kiwi, tis the demon I fight every day. Why does thou torment my taste buds, and bait my desire for over sugary and caffiend goodness.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

As usual, you have things back to front, I have been weathering your foul antics for years.

22 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Don't tell my you're just realizing this? I know you better than that.

4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

As usual, you have things back to front, I have been weathering your foul antics for years.

You went too far. You are a disgusting human being. This will be remembered. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Don't tell my you're just realizing this? I know you better than that.

Way too far that one. I'm taking that one personally.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

A., report him and put him on ignore.

That was out of line it is harassment. 

Well, he dishes plenty, got to expect blow-back

"You're just another crackpot new ager. " Quite offensive.

5 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Habit at this point an apology is the best response. 

You are not above your human nature. 

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Can't blame you. I put him on ignore for the general hostility and arrogance he shows. That condescending attitude of spiritual superiority. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, psyche101 said:

Matey, your highly offensive remarks toward me are legion, but like a sook, you cry foul when you get a bit back.

• The topic was locked