Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
zep73

Did Jesus Exist?

3,831 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Piney
58 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Grammar is not my strong suit either, and with that being said this doesn’t take away one ounce of your intelligence or your ability to articulate.

How many languages do you speak, Piney? 

6 counting my horrible Puerto Rican Spanish. But I'm losing my Turkish and Ryukyu. 

Thank the gods for Third Eye for helping me keep some semblance of my Ryukyu. :lol:

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Only two languages I know are english and redneck.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
5 minutes ago, Piney said:

6 counting my horrible Puerto Rican Spanish. But I'm losing my Turkish and Ryukyu. 

Thank the gods for Third Eye for helping me keep some semblance of my Ryukyu. :lol:

 

English and I am learning Spanish at current. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

As for the topic. The biblical Jesus didn't exist and I have no idea why anyone would believe or even worship this fictional character. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onlookerofmayhem

kk5SvNV.jpg

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

As for the topic. The biblical Jesus didn't exist and I have no idea why anyone would believe or even worship this fictional character. 

A related question IMO would be "Why does God need an intercessor, whether Jesus or Jesus AND the Pope"? Is HE incapable of speaking solely for himself without outside help/interpretation? 

cormac

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will do
5 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Is HE incapable of speaking solely for himself without outside help/interpretation? 

 

He does speak for himself. He's within you.

All you gotta do is listen. ;)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
17 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Since you love posting movie images to support your beliefs, try watching "The Man Who Would Be King", it illustrates beautifully, the act of 'making prophecy come true'

Connery went bonkers and became power mad, serves him right when he took the fall into that gorge.

Picard got it right when people on a planet started calling him a god, he patiently explained he wasn't one..:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
1 minute ago, Will Due said:

He does speak for himself. He's within you.

All you gotta do is listen. ;)

Spare me your useless platitudes. :yes:

cormac

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
12 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

A related question IMO would be "Why does God need an intercessor, whether Jesus or Jesus AND the Pope"? Is HE incapable of speaking solely for himself without outside help/interpretation? 

cormac

This introduces the problem of "god's word" being "Someone's word." 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Why does god need this? 

Why does god need that?

You are supposed to follow god's rules?

When you remove the word god, it's all people. Like it has always been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
17 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

A related question IMO would be "Why does God need an intercessor, whether Jesus or Jesus AND the Pope"? Is HE incapable of speaking solely for himself without outside help/interpretation? 

cormac

I think Matt Dillahunty phrased it best when he asked: "How come the god of the bible can do things we can't, like create worlds, but cannot do anything we can, like build boats, tabernacles, and such?"

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
16 hours ago, Piney said:

Many things in the Gospels were added to retrofit the Hebrew prophecy.. 

When Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey the crowds went wild with delight as if Elvis had just arrived, so when the first gospels were written why didn't people say "Baloney, that never happened"? Obviously there were so many eyewitnesses that anybody who tried to deny it would have made themselves look stupid..:D 

PS- And if Zechariah wasn't talking about Jesus when he said in 500 BC- "Your king comes to you riding on a donkey" , who exactly WAS he talking about?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

9636cfe12ece2dd32f0becd45bb6518c.png

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Crikey said:

When Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey the crowds went wild with delight as if Elvis had just arrived, so when the first gospels were written why didn't people say "Baloney, that never happened"? Obviously there were so many eyewitnesses that anybody who tried to deny it would have made themselves look stupid..:D 

PS- And if Zechariah wasn't talking about Jesus when he said in 500 BC- "Your king comes to you riding on a donkey" , who exactly WAS he talking about?

The first Gospel didn't contain that. It was added later like everything else. :rolleyes:

The original Gospel was just teachings. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
15 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Spare me your useless platitudes. :yes:

cormac

I call it phony holy. :P

Edited by Sherapy
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
14 hours ago, Piney said:

Jesus was never in India. The man who invented that fiction admitted to it's hoax. Yet it's perpetuated. 

American Evangelicals even justify pious fraud aka "Lying for Jesus". 

 

There would have been no reason for Jesus to go to India anyway unless to learn how to bake poppadums.

As for anybody "lying for Jesus" Christians don't do that, so obviously they can't be true Christians and will be going up the spout with all the other losers..:D

"..the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers, and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the glorious gospel of the blessed God" (1 Tim 1:9)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will do
7 minutes ago, Piney said:

The original Gospel was just teachings. 

 

What are those teachings?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
3 minutes ago, Crikey said:

As for anybody "lying for Jesus" Christians don't do that, so obviously they can't be true Christians

Ah the "No true Scotsman" fallacy.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Will Due said:

What are those teachings?

Probably the teachings of the Theruputs and Essenes. But mostly lost,

The teachings in M,M and L are probably all that's left. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
8 minutes ago, Piney said:

Crikey said- "Your king comes to you riding on a donkey"

------------------------------------------------------------

The first Gospel didn't contain that. It was added later like everything else. :rolleyes:

The original Gospel was just teachings. 

Jesus was a superstar BEFORE any gospel was written-

"Large crowds from Galilee, the Ten Cities, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him" (Matt 4:25)

so there was no need to later add anything phoney to boost his street cred, because if it ain't broke it don't need fixing..:P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Crikey said:

Jesus was a superstar BEFORE any gospel was written-

"Large crowds from Galilee, the Ten Cities, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him" (Matt 4:25)

so there was no need to later add anything phoney to boost his street cred, because if it ain't broke it don't need fixing..:P

You mean like the later addition you just quoted?  :rolleyes:

Matthew's bio of Jesus is completely pious fraud. Get over it

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
15 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I call it phony holy. :P

Well, you know how it goes. If it looks like crap, smells like crap and shows every indication of originating from the southern end of a northbound jackass, IT AIN'T HAMBURGER. :w00t:

cormac

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
43 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Crikey said- As for anybody "lying for Jesus" Christians don't do that, so obviously they can't be true Christians

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah the "No true Scotsman" fallacy.

Hitler liked to say he was a Christian, but if he was a true Christian I'm Mary Poppins..:P

GUEST- "Congratulations on becoming Chancellor of Germany mein fuhrer, what are your plans for the future?"

ADOLF- "I plan to take a little sightseeing trip"

GUEST- "How delightful! Where to exactly?"

ADOLF- "Poland, Norway, Holland, Belgium, France, North Africa, Russia"..

war-Hitler-takes-tea.jpg

Edited by Crikey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crikey
6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Matthew's bio of Jesus is completely pious fraud. Get over it

Prove it..:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.