Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
sci-nerd

Did Jesus Exist?

3,841 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Festina
6 minutes ago, Piney said:

No, but the idea comes off as anti-Semitic.  

“Come off as” ? What’s anti-Semitic?  I do not know the definition of this often used term.  Please explain and be specific.

Edited by Festina Lente

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
2 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

giphy.webp

Nothing appears there..try again. :) 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

This is really starting to look like one of those, "I'm not here for the discussion, I'm here for the argument" type of threads. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
6 minutes ago, Festina Lente said:

“Come off as” ? What’s anti-Semitic?  I do not know the definition of this often used term.  Please explain and be specific.

Hate of Jewish People. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
20 minutes ago, Piney said:

Hate of Jewish People. 

What is hateful about my post?

I don’t hate anyone....however according to your sig quote you hate.  Who is it that you Hate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
25 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This is really starting to look like one of those, "I'm not here for the discussion, I'm here for the argument" type of threads. 

I’m asking questions.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This is really starting to look like one of those, "I'm not here for the discussion, I'm here for the argument" type of threads. 

The question of the OP was did Jesus Exist?  According to the Bible Jesus, Moses and the Jewish people are inextricably bound so we are still on topic.

Did Moses exist and if he did who was he?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 minutes ago, Festina Lente said:

I don’t hate anyone....however according to your sig quote you hate.  Who is it that you Hate?

The people who destroyed my life and career. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
46 minutes ago, Festina Lente said:

“Come off as” ? What’s anti-Semitic?  I do not know the definition of this often used term.

everyone else does... & of course you do so just get to your point, all due respect

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
19 minutes ago, Piney said:

The people who destroyed my life and career. 

 

Who did this? 

You are still living, learning and contributing.

No one destroyed your life. Careers are over rated.  The bright side —  no career, no slavery.

Besides they can kill our flesh suits but they cannot destroy our spirits...which is what we are.  I’ve been abused my entire life — I learned much. Next time.....

{Hugs} 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
26 minutes ago, Festina Lente said:

According to the Bible Jesus, Moses and the Jewish people are inextricably bound 

Only from a Christcentric perspective. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Festina Lente said:

No one destroyed your life. Careers are over rated.  The bright side —  no career, no slavery.

I worked for myself. Set my own terms.  Got my rates without argument

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
10 minutes ago, Piney said:

Only from a Christcentric perspective. 

 

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

Only from a Christcentric perspective. 

Jesus (Jewish) Christ (messiah).  He’s a Jewish avatar representing the Lord God of “IsRaEl”, very clever name I might add.  Sums it all up in the last book, does it not? The twelve tribes will rule the gentiles when/if Yahweh is entitized. Yes? 

But what is Yahweh and from whence did he come?  The creator [Nature] is feminine.  Was she expelled and replaced by the patriarchs?  How could this have happened?  MAGIC at the hands of a rogue Egyptian priest?  What did Moses conjure up?  

 

 

Edited by Festina Lente

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
7 minutes ago, Piney said:

I worked for myself. Set my own terms.  Got my rates without argument

Can you explain in more detail?   I’m truly interested...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina

There is no Time where they do their work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

everyone else does... & of course you do so just get to your point, all due respect

Do they now?...then please explain.  AND BE SPECIFIC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
12 minutes ago, Festina Lente said:

Do they now?...then please explain.  AND BE SPECIFIC. 

no

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
53 minutes ago, Festina Lente said:

 

Jesus (Jewish) Christ (messiah).  He’s a Jewish avatar representing the Lord God of “IsRaEl”, very clever name I might add.  Sums it all up in the last book, does it not? The twelve tribes will rule the gentiles when/if Yahweh is entitized. Yes? 

But what is Yahweh and from whence did he come?  The creator [Nature] is feminine.  Was she expelled and replaced by the patriarchs?  How could this have happened?  MAGIC at the hands of a rogue Egyptian priest?  What did Moses conjure up?  

 

Make a interesting novel, but no...

Your twisting a lot of facts and adding more suppositions to create this idea.

53 minutes ago, Festina Lente said:

Can you explain in more detail?   I’m truly interested...

I was a private security contractor with a excellent reputation. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
1 hour ago, Festina Lente said:

The question of the OP was did Jesus Exist?  According to the Bible Jesus, Moses and the Jewish people are inextricably bound so we are still on topic.

Did Moses exist and if he did who was he?

 

 

Only if one accepts the bible as an accurate and reliable historical document...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
Quote

But what is Yahweh and from whence did he come?

A Midianite Storm/mountain deity belonging to that specific pantheon of gods who would later be merged with the Canaanite god El, the latter of which actually WAS a Creator deity as opposed to the former. 

Quote

Did Moses exist and if he did who was he?

Actually a more adequate question would be "who WASN'T the Biblical Moses?". One answer would be the he wasn't a Hebrew dating from before the time of the earliest mention of Israel, meaning prior to the Merneptah Stele circa 1207/1208 BC as there were no Hebrews, no Biblical Yahweh nor mention of Israel, as such, at that earlier period. Another answer is that he WASN'T a Greco-Egyptian named Osarseph from the Alexandrian Period of Ancient Egypt as that significantly post-dates any meaningful inclusion in the Biblical texts. At best he would have likely been a mashup of various personages and ideologies over several centuries. 

cormac

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
1 hour ago, Piney said:

Make a interesting novel, but no...

Your twisting a lot of facts and adding more suppositions to create this idea.

I was a private security contractor with a excellent reputation. 

I didn’t create it.  

Sorry they put you out of business .....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Festina
18 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

A Midianite Storm/mountain deity belonging to that specific pantheon of gods who would later be merged with the Canaanite god El, the latter of which actually WAS a Creator deity as opposed to the former. 

Actually a more adequate question would be "who WASN'T the Biblical Moses?". One answer would be the he wasn't a Hebrew dating from before the time of the earliest mention of Israel, meaning prior to the Merneptah Stele circa 1207/1208 BC as there were no Hebrews, no Biblical Yahweh nor mention of Israel, as such, at that earlier period. Another answer is that he WASN'T a Greco-Egyptian named Osarseph from the Alexandrian Period of Ancient Egypt as that significantly post-dates any meaningful inclusion in the Biblical texts. At best he would have likely been a mashup of various personages and ideologies over several centuries. 

cormac

Evidence suggests Moses was an Egyptian, most likely a high priest trained in ritual magic.  This explains much of the Bible.  AbraCADabraHam. 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
19 minutes ago, Festina Lente said:

Evidence suggests Moses was an Egyptian, most likely a high priest trained in ritual magic.  This explains much of the Bible.  AbraCADabraHam. 

 

 

 

No, it doesn't actually explain anything. Why are the Torah/Bible stories considered true, while all other mythologies about gods and creation considered false?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
32 minutes ago, Festina Lente said:

This explains much of the Bible.  AbraCADabraHam. 

It is spelled Avraham in the Torah and combining it with a Medieval Arabic-Persian magical formula doesn't make them related. 

Edited by Piney
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye

Steve Miller Band elevated to High Priests? 

Quote

 

[00.05:07]

~

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.