Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Eternal Flame

Your best dream, worst nightmare?

The Eternal Flame

I was curious to know your best dream or and worst nightmare?

Edited by The Eternal Flame
  • Like 1

Desertrat56

My worst nightmare is trying to get to work but too many things keep me from it.  Usually an anxiety dream.  I am probably lucky nowadays that that is the worst of my dreams.  When I was a child I would have a recurring dream that someone was after me and I knew I would be safe if I could just get home, but there was not enough time so I had to run to this light pole (always the same one) and slip between space/time "behind" it, then wait until I could not hear the pursuer.  It was dark but I knew I was safe.  But it was hard to wait and I would peak out through a crack.  Then I would wake up, no pursuer ever got me.

My best dreams are always about being outside with lots of children.

• Like 1

Habitat
24 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

My worst nightmare is trying to get to work but too many things keep me from it. 

I have recurrent "nightmares" about technical difficulties arising in a line of work I was once involved in, considering I have been out of that occupation for decades, it is a little annoying, as I am not getting paid to "fix" these dream job issues. It is further proof that in the realm of the psyche, what happened long ago, is as near as yesterday's happenings.

• Like 1

The Eternal Flame

The wounderful world of dream, i made flying dream i can remember at less ten of them sometime they give me a sence of power control of my body and environement when i start flying from entrence to exit in a close environement like a passage at old school or unknown establishment. I also like travel dream i visit alot of ghost town a town who dont exist or exist and is distorded and my numerous bridge nightmare.

One of my best dream i had was with a friend who always wanted to became a pilot in the dream it was a big commercial plane he was the pilot and whe could see by the window the cloud friends talking the plane was dirty distorded but still a commercial plane whe made it to landing. I was suprise how detailled the plane dream was it was really like taking the plane living the real experience of a distorded commercial plane.

Edited by The Eternal Flame
  • Like 1

Desertrat56
3 minutes ago, The Eternal Flame said:

The wounderful world of dream, i made flying dream i can remember at less ten of them sometime they give me a sence of power control of my body and environement when i start flying from entrence to exit in a close environement like a passage at old school or unknown establishment. I also like travel dream i visit alot of dream ghost town a town thad dont exist or exist but it is distorded that brings me to talk of my numerous bridge nightmare and dream. One of my best dream i had was with a friend who always wanted to became a pilot in the dream it was a big commercial plane he was the pilot and whe could see by the window the cloud friends talking the plane was dirty distorded but still a commercial plane whe made it to landing.When i woke up i was suprise how detailled the plane dream was it was really like taking the plane living the real experience of a distorded commercial plane.

I used to have flying dreams but they were always about remembering something I had forgotten then remembering it when there were dire circumstances that I needed to fly to get away from.

• Like 1

ant0n

I don't easily consider any of my dreams nightmares even though most of people would.

For example, a few nights ago, I dreamed I was dying of cancer. I could visualize deadly tumors in the bone of my hands, especially my right hand, and I had to expect them to be amputated, knowing I would die of that metastatic cancer anyway.

I fully lived that experience/dream. I wanted to fully feel what it was like. But I don't consider it a nightmare. I was not disturbed during and right after that dream.

I remember one dream I was deeply disturbed right after waking up. It happened in my teenage years. In that dream, Soviets had found a way to transplant human heads on human bodies. They brought a big load of defrosting human heads and let them on the ground. The heads were progressively living again. I focused on one of those heads and I could see its lips moving a little.

I could see the result of such a transplant: that led to a numb being with a big scar around their neck.

Then I suddenly woke up. I touched my body: oh my... it was not my body! I touched my neck: oh my... I had a big scar around it! I panicked for a while then I realized it was just a nightmare. It took me time to get back to reality.

I have to mention I rarely remember my dreams. I don't do much effort to remember them and I trust I can remember my most significant dreams (and nightmares). I save each of them in a Word file and I keep them in my computer.

My best dream is the most uncommon and interesting dream I can remember so far. It happened on June 12th, 2006, 03:29 am:

This is a dream I had on June 12th, 2006, a short while before 03:30 a.m. (alarm clock set on 03:30 a.m. for work starting at 05:00 a.m.):

“In a near future, in the country I live in (France). Spain had just declared war to France and Europe. That country was about to blow up three incredibly powerful nuclear bombs placed in three ships close to one another, near the French south-Atlantic coast. Those three bombs were to explode together at the exact same time. An incredibly devastating tsunami was expected. Numerous people and I were fleeing to the East, in the opposite direction. The people in France were obviously worried, scared. However there was no excessive panic.

Suddenly the dream stopped then continued in quite a different way, with no apparent transition: I was standing in front of a man in his early thirties, in a rather dark place in a building. In spirit, I flew towards him and "went into his head" (with his agreement). I could vaguely see from inside thanks to his eyes. At that time, I could not tell whether I was still me or him.

Then another scene immediately followed: he was sitting at a big oval table (roughly 10-13 feet long) in a clear room (large central window). He was watching another man at the other end of the table, who was apparently sleeping (forearms crossed on the table, head put on them). The first man sent him a telepathic message (in French, my native language): "Je veux que cette planète soit la plus évoluée qui soit." ("I want this planet to be the most evolved planet ever.”) No apparent reaction from the other man. The first man then telepathically asked him if he got the message. The other man had never been sleeping actually. He wanted to prove he could secretly keep a message. In order to show the first man he did get the message, he slightly lifted one of his eyelids, which clearly meant he got the message.

At that exact moment, my alarm clock rang. I was very surprised and I wrote down all the details so that I could not forget them.”

NB: I was 35 when that dream happened.

Retrospective notes:

What I felt and still feel:

- I wasn't really scared during the first part of the dream, just caught in the action. We were hundreds of miles away from the bombs anyway;

- I experienced identity confusion when I was "into that man’s head”. "Was that me? Was I the other man?" Interesting;

- I was very surprised by the telepathic message. In those times, I was not reading anything really spiritual, sci-fi and such. I wish I knew what planet he was talking about (actually, in French, he didn't mention "this planet" ("cette planète-ci") or "that planet" ("cette planète-là") but "this or that planet" ("cette planète"), imprecise;

- That man in the dream-vision is sort of familiar to me. I "saw" him again in another weird dream, slightly different shape then I felt his presence through the man I saw in the first spontaneous vision during the hypnosis regression I had last October (2014);

- There was a parallel between me sleeping in bed and the guy pretending to be sleeping in the dreamed meeting room. I woke up at 03:30 am, precisely when the “sleeping” man lifted his eyelid.

Thoughts, feedback?

Edited by ant0n
  • Thanks 1

The Eternal Flame
36 minutes ago, ant0n said:

Thoughts, feedback?

I have had similar dream where the dream change numerous time but i went into tunel between eatch of those change ...

Orphalesion

I'm not sure about "best' and "worst" dreams, but every few months I have a couple of nights were I have particularly long, elaborate and strange dreams.

On from the last patch, that could possibly interest you, @The Eternal Flame was the following:

I had just gotten a new job at Disney. No idea what I was supposed to do there, but I was just starting orientation and I and the person who was giving me my orientation were walking towards a glass and steel sky scraper (the building I was going to work in) in was in the middle of a city and all. Then I noticed a weird path between the building that led to a hilly forest. I was confused on how that could have existed and asked about it. The person giving me my orientation told me "We don't go there, that's were the forbidden things are."
For some reason I wanted to go there, and so I left the tour and ran into the forest. It was really nice there, basically this idealized, Arcadian untouched nature setting. There were a lot of Fauns or Satyrs there. Not the way the Ancient Greeks actually imagined them, but rather the more modern interpretation where they are basically handsome, young goat guys who play flutes a lot (think Mr. Tumnus in Dinsey's Narnia movie) They were like dancing and playing the pan pipes and well...loving each other. Some noticed me and led me towards a small temple (I'm pretty sure it was a temple to Pan). Inside that temple was a (human) man who sat in the lotus position on a beautiful carpet. He was wearing a very intricately designed helmet made out of metal that covered his whole head, his ears, mouth, eyes, everything was covered and there was a pair of curled horns attached to the helmet.
I was told that man had committed to being "reborn" and for that he had to wear that helmet for 100 (and here I'm not sure what time unit was mentioned, it was either hours, days or years) The helmet was putting him in a state of complete sensory deprivation and the idea was that after 100 (somethings) he would be reborn because he would be seeing and hearing the world like a newborn child.
Then I was led to a similar carpet, set down and a similar helmet (without the horns) was put on me. I tried to remove it but they just put it back on. It closed around me. There was a weird, low, loud "thud!" noise and I was in complete darkness.
Then I woke up.
What do you make of that? ;) 

• Like 1

The Eternal Flame
7 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

What do you make of that? ;) 

My english is not so elaborate i will read and re-read your dream to understand more about it at first glance the story of the forest made me remember a dream similar but lost in time since i dont write down my dream so it remain an impression deja-vue of a similar dream i will give you more detail when i understand more about your dream. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and if you have more dream to reveal us whe would like to know about them.

• Like 1

The Eternal Flame

UFOs alien invasion dream are very common i would love to know about yours before i share mine?

Desertrat56
10 minutes ago, The Eternal Flame said:

UFOs alien invasion dream are very common i would love to know about yours before i share mine?

I once dreamed that ufos landed in a field next to a farmhouse where two couples and their children lived.  I had encountered these ships before and robots were in them, not people.  I was told about the landing and went to the location. 

The army was there and they were ready to blow everything up but I tried to tell them that would just give the robots more power.  They didn't listen so I went to the farmhouse and the adults were already immobilized by the robots, some kind of mental thing. 

I grabbed the kids and put them under a bed in a room next to the kitchen.  They were hungry so I told them to stay hidden and if a robot came in they should all shout NO over and over.  I went to the kitchen to get them some food.  One came in and tried to get into my mind but I just yelled NO over and over.  The robot was immobilized.  I had to go outside and do the same to all the robots.  When I went in side there was a fax machine in the kitchen sending me a fax and it had a government letterhead but I knew it was lies.  I don't remember what the fax said but I know it made me angry and that is when I woke up. 

I have always been interested in UFO stories and I have seen some that I guess I would now call UAP's, (unidentified aerial phenomena) but that is the only dream I have had about space ships. 

• Like 1

Manwon Lender
5 hours ago, The Eternal Flame said:

I was curious to know your best dream or and worst nightmare?

My worst dream happens when I am both awake and asleep. It can take place anywhere and anytime all it takes are smells, sounds, or sometimes distant voices. It's called PTSD, and I find my self back in the Middle East reliving experiences from my past.

• Like 1

The Eternal Flame

Any of your dream is appreciated it could be half russian half english i will try to understand your story can be 20 words or 2000 it will be appreciated so please leave a comment. You can also post 20 dreams in a row to at this point i suggest a coffee.

So my alien invasion dream is kinda short my dreams are usually short so in the dream i am in the basement my grand father is upstairs and he is talking of a alien invasion curious i got outside and saw a giant stationary mother ship in the clouds i fell invaded like almost its the end of the world whe gona get invaded by extraterrestrial and i woke up...

In a other dream or maybe more a nightmare i am in am at the border of a canal i am runing as 3 flying saucer follow me but i dont remember mutch more but the ufos was like the classical one like in the intro of xfiles i was sceard to being abducted by alien its why i ran it was day it let me with a strange impression of realness or so...

Sometime i dream of place before visiting them in real life and finally gave me the idea to take picture from where i have dreamed.

MainerMikeBrown

My worst dream I had years ago.  The dream was of the sun dying.  And everyone knew that the earth would soon perish and we'd all soon be dead.

Yikes!

• Like 1