Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quantum physicist describes alien encounter

UM-Bot

Why is his job important?? Smart people can be mistaken and/or idiots too.

On top of that it kind of sounds like sleep paralysis as usual. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In the article it uses the term hieroglyphics. It should be hieroglyphs. Kmt_sesh has pointed this to me.

It does sound a lot like sleep paralysis. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll 3rd the 'sleep paralysis' hypothesis.

Also, I've had several similar transcendent experiences (minus the 'alien' beings) ie: 

"I felt this weird light hitting the top of my head," he wrote. "And suddenly I got hit with the most blissful, euphoric feeling I have ever felt. I will try my best to describe it: It felt like the Universe was sentient and aware of my existence. The feeling was of warmth and nostalgia(?), it was like a reminder that space is teeming with life and that we're all related to each other by virtue of existing."

And it wasn't always because of psychedelic drugs like shrooms or LSD.

I think these are things brains just sometimes do. It's really impossible to say if it's because of an outside sentience making contact or our own creation(s).

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 2

If Earth is 'average', as far as livable planets go, then it stands to reason life on other planets will somewhat mirror life on Earth. The only distinction will be the number of planetary 'resets' (global 'catastrophes') each average livable planet undergoes, and the intervals between them.

• Like 2

It's a hell of a story, I'll give him that. I'm in favor of the sleep paralysis theory also with one caveat: having suffered from it frequently myself for a few years, the amount of detail he's recalling is remarkable. Usually sleep paralysis results in more generalized memories. But then again, I don't have the mind of a quantum physicist so ... Of course the details could have also been mined from a very active imagination that had just gone through the trauma of sleep paralysis. Add this to the very large pile of anecdotal evidence I guess.

OK, I can't leave this one alone for some reason.... Why does everyone assume there is a benevolent intent behind these beings sharing knowledge with us? Just because it left you with a warm glowing feeling after it shoved something onto your head? If I snuck into your room and shot you up with heroin you'd have a warm glowing feeling too, would my intentions be benevolent? Everyone who reports an encounter like this is left with a feeling of being special and "chosen". What if you've been chosen to help with the destruction of mankind? 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Calibeliever said:

It's a hell of a story, I'll give him that. I'm in favor of the sleep paralysis theory also with one caveat: having suffered from it frequently myself for a few years, the amount of detail he's recalling is remarkable. Usually sleep paralysis results in more generalized memories. But then again, I don't have the mind of a quantum physicist so ... Of course the details could have also been mined from a very active imagination that had just gone through the trauma of sleep paralysis. Add this to the very large pile of anecdotal evidence I guess.

My guess is it's sleep paralysis/embellishment. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

OK, I can't leave this one alone for some reason.... Why does everyone assume there is a benevolent intent behind these beings sharing knowledge with us? Just because it left you with a warm glowing feeling after it shoved something onto your head? If I snuck into your room and shot you up with heroin you'd have a warm glowing feeling too, would my intentions be benevolent? Everyone who reports an encounter like this is left with a feeling of being special and "chosen". What if you've been chosen to help with the destruction of mankind? 

I believe the guy had his experience.

I think maybe his DMT levels were high that night causing his encounter with extra-dimensional beings.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, iridescence said:

Some hallucinations are so rich in details that makes you wonder whether it's just a dream or you really saw something unusual. I've had a similar experience when I was a child but instead of aliens there were 3 gnomes wearing pointy hats coming towards me with a really strange walk. The weird thing was that I tried to wake up my sister by shaking her but had no reaction like she was hypnotized. Got to mention that I've had no paralysis and I don't remember anything afterwards. The next day we woke up with lights on.

Hmmm, there have been posts at this forum before about gnomes with a pointy hat and a strange walk, like if they are walking sideways. You can see one in this video: 

Edited by fred_mc

On 12/6/2019 at 4:55 AM, stereologist said:

In the article it uses the term hieroglyphics. It should be hieroglyphs. Kmt_sesh has pointed this to me.

It does sound a lot like sleep paralysis. 

Are you even sure that means it's not real? What if multidinensional entities ARE the cause of sleep paralysis?

22 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

Similar to my experience, at one point i was crash cpurse educated and shown the basis of this "god energy" too... This basic element of dna amd everything that is connected. It really is incredibly euphoric to see. I dont think it means you were special... Just willing to listen and interested to learn.

actually i am incredibly not suprised that thet picked him. During my experience i was crash course educated and the bulk of the information involved quantum physics and comprehension of this basic energy that drives everything. I was disapointed when i found my understanding still insufficient to explain it properly to others or utilize it. This is exactly the guy i would expect them to "pick".

1 hour ago, fred_mc said:

Hmmm, there have been posts at this forum before about gnomes with a pointy hat and a strange walk, like if they are walking sideways. You can see one in this video: 

have you heard of machine elves? They actually are a common occurence when taking dmt. I read quite a bit about them before trying it in hopes of reaching further understanding of my abduction experience. I never saw them personally but it is apparently a common theme, along with the aliens. They are apparently the two beings many see in this state. If your wondering i didnt see any when trying, i was too wrapped up in the fact that i seemed to be perfectly sober and level headed only catapaulted into what i consider the afterlife outside of my body, so rather than exploring i b lined it back to myself for fear i had died.

What i am saying is many people are seeimg the same thing, and they see it in a half sleep state or under elevated dmt levels. I remain adament that increasing ypur dmt is not like other "drugs" you see reality rip apart and seem to visit the afterlife, or the spirit realm. The fact that greys and the elves have been seen by countless people in this state and the fact that i saw the realm with my own two eyes leads me to believe that they are in fact real, whether an onlooket would also see them or not. They are what we have been told thrpughout histpry are spirits and demons ibelieve.

Edited by Nnicolette

16 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

Are you even sure that means it's not real? What if multidinensional entities ARE the cause of sleep paralysis?

Similar to my experience, at one point i was crash cpurse educated and shown the basis of this "god energy" too... This basic element of dna amd everything that is connected. It really is incredibly euphoric to see. I dont think it means you were special... Just willing to listen and interested to learn.

actually i am incredibly not suprised that thet picked him. During my experience i was crash course educated and the bulk of the information involved quantum physics and comprehension of this basic energy that drives everything. I was disapointed when i found my understanding still insufficient to explain it properly to others or utilize it. This is exactly the guy i would expect them to "pick".

have you heard of machine elves? They actually are a common occurence when taking dmt. I read quite a bit about them before trying it in hopes of reaching further understanding of my abduction experience. I never saw them personally but it is apparently a common theme, along with the aliens. They are apparently the two beings many see in this state. If your wondering i didnt see any when trying, i was too wrapped up in the fact that i seemed to be perfectly sober and level headed only catapaulted into what i consider the afterlife outside of my body, so rather than exploring i b lined it back to myself for fear i had died.

What i am saying is many people are seeimg the same thing, and they see it in a half sleep state or under elevated dmt levels. I remain adament that increasing ypur dmt is not like other "drugs" you see reality rip apart and seem to visit the afterlife, or the spirit realm. The fact that greys and the elves have been seen by countless people in this state and the fact that i saw the realm with my own two eyes leads me to believe that they are in fact real, whether an onlooket would also see them or not. They are what we have been told thrpughout histpry are spirits and demons ibelieve.

I'm not saying that the use of the wrong word has any bearing on the story. It just jumped out at me because of the discussions in the ancient history forums.

Do I believe in multi-dimensional entities? No. There is no evidence for that. That is just a label being attached to things because people think that provides an explanation. But someone might counter that properties are being determined from the anecdotes told. Is that true? For example, can they cause sleep paralysis? People experience sleep paralysis. People inject an assumption, multi-dimensional beings. Why? Because they want to. There appears to be no reason to do it, but they do it. Then they assign the property of causing sleep paralysis to this thingy that has been arbitrarily injected into the issue. It's all story telling. It doesn't follow any evidence.  You might as well replace multi-dimensional beings with the Who of Smallville or invisible Brobdingnagians or a fleet of nanorobots or angels or demons or ...

The question might be does this person think this happened? I bet he does. That does not make it any more real.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/7/2019 at 5:17 AM, blakieee said:

lmao this sounds like my acid trips.

Bad ones that have left this guy feeling paranoid: “when I have a better safety net.” 

16 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Interesting. Now I will google for "machine elves". I wouldn't do drugs myself though, I have no interest in drugs.

• Thanks 1

Maybe even an astral projections.

On 12/8/2019 at 12:58 AM, Nnicolette said:

Please find out what dimension means, we are all "multi-dimensional".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1