Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

What is the biocentric universe theory ?

39 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

spartan max2
9 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

What a delayed choice experiment mean? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Rlyeh
49 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

What a delayed choice experiment mean? 

http://www.bottomlayer.com/bottom/basic_delayed_choice.htm

From what I understand the photons are affected by the path it takes even if you change the path while the photon is in transit.

Some people have taken this to mean our conscious choices are affecting the photons, however the experiment I linked to the "choice" is performed by a random number generator, eliminating conscious choice.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
10 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

You have unsupported theories, not even a real hypothesis.  A hypothesis needs to be capable of being disproven, otherwise it suffers confirmation bias. How do you disprove a simulation?

Like string "theory" and all its spin-offs, it may not qualify as more than a conjecture, but the scientific community has accepted it as a valid hypothesis, and researchers are currently attempting to find possible evidence (falsify it): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis#Testing_the_hypothesis_physically

Quote

You already believe they can simulate billions of consciousnesses and quantum physics.

According to Tom Campbell, a conscious mind is quite simple. He should know. He's been studying it since the 70's.

I do not believe quantum mechanics is a part of the simulation. It is a giveaway. Evidence of how the simulation saves processing power.
In a real physical world (base reality) there would probably not be any quantum mechanics. Only classical physics.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
16 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Some people have taken this to mean our conscious choices are affecting the photons, however the experiment I linked to the "choice" is performed by a random number generator, eliminating conscious choice.

Choice? Who ever said anything about choice? It's all about observing. Instrument or no instrument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
8 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Like string "theory" and all its spin-offs, it may not qualify as more than a conjecture, but the scientific community has accepted it as a valid hypothesis, and researchers are currently attempting to find possible evidence (falsify it): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulation_hypothesis#Testing_the_hypothesis_physically

String theory is a mathematical theory not a scientific one.

What evidence would falsify it?  Anything could be explained as part of the simulation.  That's confirmation bias.

 

8 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

According to Tom Campbell, a conscious mind is quite simple. He should know. He's been studying it since the 70's.

I do not believe quantum mechanics is a part of the simulation. It is a giveaway. Evidence of how the simulation saves processing power.
In a real physical world (base reality) there would probably not be any quantum mechanics. Only classical physics.
 

Can Campbell create a conscious mind if it's so simple?

Quantum phenomena occurs without observers, how is that saving power?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
15 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Choice? Who ever said anything about choice? It's all about observing. Instrument or no instrument.

No, decoherence isn't observer centric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

String theory is a mathematical theory not a scientific one.

What evidence would falsify it?  Anything could be explained as part of the simulation.  That's confirmation bias.

 

Can Campbell create a conscious mind if it's so simple?

Quantum phenomena occurs without observers, how is that saving power?

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

No, decoherence isn't observer centric.

This discussion has derailed. You're not making much sense. Let's do each other a favor, and quit it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
On 12/8/2019 at 6:11 AM, Rlyeh said:

If we are simulated, the universe could've started yesterday and all our memories and experiments are preprogrammed information.

Furthermore, doesn't it make "we" unnecessary?  There only needs to be "me"; everything else is just input.

Edited by Golden Duck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Furthermore, doesn't it make "we" unnecessary?  There only needs to be "me"; everything else is just input.

Even "me" is a simulation, every brain function.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
5 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Even "me" is a simulation, every brain function.  

Kind of.  I am a simulation of my own consciousness.  Everything we experience must be experienced as a memory.  The light hits your retina...by the time your brain actually accepts the light and is affected by it and translates that you the rest of the senses...i.e...recognizes the light...

...by the time that happens... it isn't actually happening anymore...it is already past tense.  Perhaps by only a billionth of a nano second...but time is a measurement and if measurements are to be believed then...we experience nothing in absolute real time.  It's always past tense.  So, I think, in that regard, we are a simulation of our own design so to speak.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
1 minute ago, joc said:

Kind of.  I am a simulation of my own consciousness.  Everything we experience must be experienced as a memory.  The light hits your retina...by the time your brain actually accepts the light and is affected by it and translates that you the rest of the senses...i.e...recognizes the light...

...by the time that happens... it isn't actually happening anymore...it is already past tense.  Perhaps by only a billionth of a nano second...but time is a measurement and if measurements are to be believed then...we experience nothing in absolute real time.  It's always past tense.  So, I think, in that regard, we are a simulation of our own design so to speak.  

I mean in this "simulation theory" your consciousness is part of the simulation.  No part of you exists independently of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc

I still have my head wrapped around...beginnings.  Consciousness must have a beginning.  And so...the beginning of Consciousness had to have a physical stimulus...therefore...physical created consciousness.  It's fun to think about from what people may or may not be experiencing in a coma...to...there seems to be no end to the universe...

But still....the beginnings...the origin of things....   still stuck there in my simulation...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
third_eye

Let Master Oogway explain... 

Quote

 

[00.02:14]

~

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
10 hours ago, joc said:

Kind of.  I am a simulation of my own consciousness.  Everything we experience must be experienced as a memory.  The light hits your retina...by the time your brain actually accepts the light and is affected by it and translates that you the rest of the senses...i.e...recognizes the light...

...by the time that happens... it isn't actually happening anymore...it is already past tense.  Perhaps by only a billionth of a nano second...but time is a measurement and if measurements are to be believed then...we experience nothing in absolute real time.  It's always past tense.  So, I think, in that regard, we are a simulation of our own design so to speak.  

It's more like 500 milliseconds.  Reflex and reaction-time by-pass the cognitive.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.