Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is something in our home?

Joshpz14

Hello all, I'm usually a skeptic when it comes to this kind of stuff, but now I'm lost for words and trying to figure out different ways this could have happened to make in true to me, but the other night (TUE) my sister got home from work around 11:30PM-12PM she got my niece (she just turned 2 last week and her name is deleena) from my moms room got them some cookies and milk and then went downstairs into her room and shut the door,IT WAS ONLY THEM IN THE ROOM, while they were trying to get settled my niece was being funny and my sister started to record her for snapchat usually like all women they rewatch the videos before they post them, while they was a particular one she played again over and over which ill share you you all, but in the video my niece begins to tell her mom there is a CUCOY (mexican term we use for monster basically) and my neice tells her mom to shh shh shh and my sister laughed because she thought it was funny as she was laughing something or someone wishper my nieces name. Keep in mind that everyone in the house was asleep it was midnight myself and my parents all had to work younger sister has school in the am. And my sister would joke about something like this specially with the look my niece had in her face and on the video the voice is clear as day and it knew her name is this thing after her? . She called my parents downstairs and they started praying and what not and nobody talked about it the next night (WED), Well just last night is the reason I'm coming here for answers, We have a white goffin cockatoo his name is elvis, hes only able to say one word which is "bouncy bounce" and then some days he'll just be talking some gibber jabber that doesn't make any sense it's pretty funny we keep his cage right outside my sisters room across the living room, well last night around 12-2AM I heard something and opened my eyes still in bed elvis was screaming and yelling like something had a hold of him since we've had him I've never ever heard him make those noises before it was very disturbing, I wish I would have got up to record it, I'm not going to lie i was pretty scared. And i don't know if birds can sense spirts or ghosts but why would he be acting like that at 2am..

Please any questions or answers ASK AND TELL! 

I'm not sure what we should do.

THE VIDEO- 

Edited by Joshpz14

I have to ask why you did not get up and see what the bird was squawking about.  If you have pets they actually will alert you to things that are going wrong in the house.  Always check on them to see why.  It could have been an intruder or a fire or the little girl walking around the house.  You can't decide it might be paranormal if you don't eliminate the "normal".  The bird was not squawking just to make noise, there was something wrong.

Edited by Desertrat56

You're right, honestly I was scared to go check. But it wasn't his normal squacking. It was something very different. This is all happening now. So tonight if he is like that again I'll be checking. Did you hear the whisper? 

I didn't hear the whisper but I think a 2 year old that is talking about a cucoy might be perceiving something or expressing something that should not be dismissed.  Like look for it so the child knows you are taking it seriously and be more firm about sending it away.  She did seem like something was bothering her.

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I didn't hear the whisper but I think a 2 year old that is talking about a cucoy might be perceiving something or expressing something that should not be dismissed.  Like look for it so the child knows you are taking it seriously and be more firm about sending it away.  She did seem like something was bothering her.

The whisper is there, please listen again it calls my neices name, right after my niece begins to say shh shh shh and right when my sister starts laughing it's at 3 seconds in lot the phone to you're ear. And you're right we'll do that.

1 hour ago, Joshpz14 said:

Keep in mind that everyone in the house was asleep

Hi. Not everyone was asleep,  your sister and niece were awake. Not sure what is on the video as can only here their voices. 

I find it odd though that your sister would get her daughter up so late and give her food. Is this a regular thing?  It is not good for the childs sleeping pattern to do this so late at night.

She called my parents downstairs and they started praying

Praying? Why would they do that? Strange!

elvis was screaming and yelling like something had a hold of him 

I wish I would have got up to record it, I'm not going to lie i was pretty scared.

Very confused at to why you were scared? Why did you not call anyone else as there are a few of you in the house and did anyone else hear him or ho to check he was ok?

The 1st thing you should have done was check on your poor bird,  sorry I do not understand why you did not check on him. 

I'm usually a skeptic when it comes to this kind of stuff, 

Please define "usually" a skeptic. And what kind of "stuff "?

I am a skeptic,  there is no "usually" about being a skeptic,  hence why I am confused with that comment. 

I hear what you are talking about but it doesn't sound like anything more than background noise - just like 99.9% of all EVP. It's just a scraping sound, or possibly someone breathing, not an actual word. If I were to equate it to speech, to me it sounds like poopeechoooooooooowhee. You never said what the name actually is.

You are hearing what you want to hear.

Edited by moonman

Before you get too wound up about it, just breathe and realize that you control this whole thing. Teach that baby the same thing and if she sees a monster, she can tell it to GO AWAY! and it will. Do not let her learn from you all that one has to be afraid of things we do not understand. Learn this yourself. Believe in God or if not into that then believe in yourself and reject this whole thing and literally order it out of your house if it arises again. Teach the baby the same thing. "GET OUT" "GO AWAY"

As for your bird, I have owned dozens of birds over the years and if a parrot (especially macaws or cockatoos) is screaming, get UP and see why. It may have seen a prowler outside, or a burglar inside, an electrical socket starting to spark or smoke or just a mouse racing across the floor and under its cage (or in it). The smarter parrots are as good as a watch dog and cannot be bribed with a treat. It saw something real, IMO. I have been working around the occult for decades and never one time did my animals react defensively, as in barking or parrots screaming, but they always did to visible stimulus. The most I ever noted was occasionally my cats would watch a spirit, but they were not afraid. (yes I understand many here do not believe in spirits. I love you anyway :) )

Why people cower in bed (as if that will keep them safe) puzzles me, much like the occasional tales of "I woke up and saw a shadowy man standing by the bed so rolled over and went back to sleep. How do I get rid of it, I am terrified"   Not so much. If I am really awake and see someone I am going for my gun. Unless you are a child or early teen this "Ima hide in bed while my parrot is garroted" causes a big credibility issue for me. It isn't normal in my world. Get up next time. At worst case its a better thing to die defending your home than curled up in the fetal position. 

Spirits don't scare me. Humans do.

Mind you goffins are obnoxious. If a passing car turning around and headlights may have flickered in its cage, it will bring the house down at night. Fastest resale I ever did was a blasted goffin >.<    Nothing in this world sounds more demonic or piercing than a goffin when it is wound up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Hi. Not everyone was asleep,  your sister and niece were awake. Not sure what is on the video as can only here their voices. 

I find it odd though that your sister would get her daughter up so late and give her food. Is this a regular thing?  It is not good for the childs sleeping pattern to do this so late at night.

Praying? Why would they do that? Strange!

Very confused at to why you were scared? Why did you not call anyone else as there are a few of you in the house and did anyone else hear him or ho to check he was ok?

The 1st thing you should have done was check on your poor bird,  sorry I do not understand why you did not check on him. 

I didn't post here to get roasted, if that was the case I would have posted on reddit, I'm a theist so there is things do not believe in and ghosts and spirts was something at the back of my mind. Praying? Because my parents do believe in god and all that. 

7 minutes ago, moonman said:

I hear what you are talking about but it doesn't sound like anything more than background noise - just like 99.9% of all EVP.

Moon, please listen again carefully.. something in that video whispers my nieces name.

8 minutes ago, moonman said:

I hear what you are talking about but it doesn't sound like anything more than background noise - just like 99.9% of all EVP.

Moon, please listen again carefully.. it's right before it hits 3 seconds in. Put your phone to your ear! 

1 minute ago, Joshpz14 said:

I didn't post here to get roasted, if that was the case I would have posted on reddit, I'm a theist so there is things do not believe in and ghosts and spirts was something at the back of my mind. Praying? Because my parents do believe in god and all that. 

God rules or He does not. Throw it out in His name and it is over with. Teach that and confidence in your belief to that baby. And check your parrot if it screams, even if goffins are monsters and do it just to be ugly at times :D 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joshpz14 said:

Moon, please listen again carefully.. something in that video whispers my nieces name.

Moon, please listen again carefully.. it's right before it hits 3 seconds in. Put your phone to your ear! 

I used earphones at max volume, I heard it loud and clear - it still just sounds like noise. What is her name? If I were to equate that random sound it to speech, to me it sounds like poopeechoooooooooowhee.

Is her name poopeechoowee?

Edited by moonman

9 minutes ago, Joshpz14 said:

It is not a roasting,  they are questions as some parts of your story do not make much sense.

It just all seems strange that your sister would get her daughter up so late.

There is nothing odd on the video,  apart from being done so late at night.

7 minutes ago, Joshpz14 said:

If it were audible,  we would not need to put it to our ears.

Again,  why did noone go to check on the bird and did anyone else here it? 

Edited by freetoroam

7 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Before you get too wound up about it, just breathe and realize that you control this whole thing. Teach that baby the same thing and if she sees a monster, she can tell it to GO AWAY! and it will. Do not let her learn from you all that one has to be afraid of things we do not understand. Learn this yourself. Believe in God or if not into that then believe in yourself and reject this whole thing and literally order it out of your house if it arises again. Teach the baby the same thing. "GET OUT" "GO AWAY"

As for your bird, I have owned dozens of birds over the years and if a parrot (especially macaws or cockatoos) is screaming, get UP and see why. It may have seen a prowler outside, or a burglar inside, an electrical socket starting to spark or smoke or just a mouse racing across the floor and under its cage (or in it). The smarter parrots are as good as a watch dog and cannot be bribed with a treat. It saw something real, IMO. I have been working around the occult for decades and never one time did my animals react defensively, as in barking or parrots screaming, but they always did to visible stimulus. The most I ever noted was occasionally my cats would watch a spirit, but they were not afraid. (yes I understand many here do not believe in spirits. I love you anyway :) )

Why people cower in bed (as if that will keep them safe) puzzles me, much like the occasional tales of "I woke up and saw a shadowy man standing by the bed so rolled over and went back to sleep. How do I get rid of it, I am terrified"   Not so much. If I am really awake and see someone I am going for my gun. Unless you are a child or early teen this "Ima hide in bed while my parrot is garroted" causes a big credibility issue for me. It isn't normal in my world. Get up next time. At worst case its a better thing to die defending your home than curled up in the fetal position. 

Spirits don't scare me. Humans do.

Mind you goffins are obnoxious. If a passing car turning around and headlights may have flickered in its cage, it will bring the house down at night. Fastest resale I ever did was a blasted goffin >.<    Nothing in this world sounds more demonic or piercing than a goffin when it is wound up.

Yes, thank you for your kind reply. If the spooked elvis was just something normal, what explains the whisper? 

6 minutes ago, moonman said:

What is her name? If I were to equate that random sound it to speech, to me it sounds like poopeechoooooooooowhee.

The daughters name is "deleena" I believe with a capital D. I hear nothing in the video either which is odd.

8 minutes ago, moonman said:

I used earphones, I heard it loud and clear - it still just sounds like noise. What is her name? If I were to equate that random sound it to speech, to me it sounds like poopeechoooooooooowhee.

Is her name poopeechoowee?

Her name is Deleena.. 

Yes, thank you for your kind reply. If the spooked elvis was just something normal, what explains the whisper? 

Background noise.

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

The daughters name is "deleena" I believe with a capital D. I hear nothing in the video either which is odd.

That sounds NOTHING like "Deleena", I would not have guessed that's what it was supposedly saying in a million years. Very obviously a case of hearing what you want to hear.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

It hardly matters to a child of God, once you prayed. Your family acted properly as Theists. 

Peace.

• Like 1

You guys, I'm watching the video over and over, I hear it everytime. I've showed other people from work and they hear it too. You guys are making me sound crazy..

8 minutes ago, Joshpz14 said:

You guys, I'm watching the video over and over, I hear it everytime. I've showed other people from work and they hear it too. You guys are making me sound crazy..

You mean that sound that comes right when the woman ends her laughs at the 3-4 second mark, right? If you hear "Deleena" there (pronounced dee-lee-nah I assume) - then maybe you are. You have programmed yourself to hear what isn't there.

You show it to friends, they already know the kids name, they are just going to agree with you, if only to please you. You show it to people who don't know you or the kid's name, we aren't going to hear it because we aren't invested in appeasing you.

Show me ONE person who hears "Deleenah" in that noise who doesn't know the name beforehand.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

Honestly, I do not hear anything either. You ARE giving this attention and free advertising which is odd if you want it to go away.

Anyway, take care and have a good holiday and New Year.

1 minute ago, moonman said:

You mean that sound that comes right after the woman laughs, right? If you hear "Deleena" there (pronounced dee-lee-nah I assume) - then maybe you are.

You show it to people, they already know the kids name, they are just going to agree with you.

That's what exactly it says though, alright I'm crazy I guess. Thanks anyways

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Honestly, I do not hear anything either. You ARE giving this attention and free advertising which is odd if you want it to go away.

Anyway, take care and have a good holiday and New Year.

What exactly is "IT"? Its obviously attached to the baby.

Thanks you too.