Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shooting at NAS Pensacola

Vorg

4 hours ago, and then said:

Then I'd say it's time to impose new security measures, wouldn't you?  It's like 9-11 never happened.  Take the dufus who calls himself Robotic Jew... he sees an allusion to a national from a country KNOWN for a terror atrocity and what does HE SEE?  RAY SUS!  I see the real world and how those families will now be affected by it.  Would we/do we, train Afghans and give them similar freedom to plan and execute a terror strike on our soil?  The only armed service members on a training base should be security personnel. 

All i see is an actual racist screaming for racial profiling and then being afraid to admit that what he said was racist. So label me a dufus all you want. I will sleep soundly knowing that a racist idiot thinks ill of me and my views.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Not by itself.  But if they didn't work then Trump rallies would be open carry.

The thing that makes me sad about Andthen was that I actually agree with him about there being lots of red flags with letting people with a greater than normal likelyhood of causing terrorist acts to acquire or own guns.  Given cultural attitudes, perhaps it isn't wise to let young Saudi nationals have firearms on US bases. 

Or white males to own guns near schools.

• Like 2

Here's what is known about the shooter and how he became a student on a US base. Most news stations are now reporting this as a possible terrorist attack but no motive has been officially released. Everything is still under investigation. The November 2009 attack listed here was ruled a terrorist attack.

https://apnews.com/1102076110d04018176b4f7f12017347

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/12/06/pensacola-navy-base-shooting-saudi-national-shooter-what-we-know/4356069002/

The debate is on about the ban on weapons on US military bases.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/two-active-shooters-one-week-prompt-questions-about-military-bases-n1097071

Gunfire on bases is rare partly because access to weapons is highly restricted, with military facilities generally forbidding anyone from carrying a firearm — even if it is government-issued.

Government-issued firearms are locked in an arms room on base and only distributed when they are needed for training, MSNBC military analyst and retired Army Col. Jack Jacobs said. Personal weapons are prohibited on base, but they must be registered with the base even though they are not to be used there.

To have two shootings clustered one after another on military bases is unusual. In the past two decades, there have only been about seven other active shootings on bases; the deadliest was a November 2009 shooting spree in Fort Hood, Texas, which killed 13 and injured 32.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

those that want to shot, find a way to bring guns, and no restriction stops them.  and shootings are rare cuz you don't get many nutcases, and sickos off meds, or  kids who are p***ed at everyone cuz no one like them.  i know from friends that served, there are plenty of illegal guns at military bases.  yet shootings are extremely rare still. 

why aren't there almost no shootings in med schools and law schools? cuz people there are different. not because guns forbidden, i have little doubt if they all were armed, nothing would change

Edited by aztek

30 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

It appears 6 Saudis have been detained including 3 who were seen filming the incident.

lhttps://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/06/us/pensacola-florida-navy-shooting.html

Filiming the incident? During a active shooter?

Seems pretty suspect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Filiming the incident? During a active shooter?

Seems pretty suspect.

Absolutely. 

• Like 3

that was not stupid, they were never in danger, they were making  motivational video for  their cause.   

kinda strange, SA is our ally, we have no troops there, they don't really have anything to be mad at us for.  yet most 911 terrorists were saudis, so are these guys, not iranians who supposed to hate our guts, no iraqis, syrians, lebanese, afganies,... or other countries we bomb, have troops in. our "friends" do more damage than enemies, maybe it is time we become friends with others

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

All i see is an actual racist screaming for racial profiling and then being afraid to admit that what he said was racist. So label me a dufus all you want. I will sleep soundly knowing that a racist idiot thinks ill of me and my views.

That's the point.  You'll SLEEP your way through problems until they bite you in the ass.  THEN you'll resort to the tried and true for children - blame others.

• Confused 1

why would somebody doing a flight training and leadership course be issued with a sidearm in the first place ? (notwhithstanding that it would have normally have been impounded whilst the trainee was on base ? ). 

Has there been ANY discussion of motive yet ? 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

why would somebody doing a flight training and leadership course be issued with a sidearm in the first place ? (notwhithstanding that it would have normally have been impounded whilst the trainee was on base ? ). 

This was one sick puppy!

https://abc7chicago.com/official-pensacola-base-shooter-watched-shooting-videos-before-attack/5739049/

https://www.fox29.com/news/us-official-naval-shooter-hosted-dinner-party-to-watch-mass-shooting-videos-before-fatal-attack?fbclid=IwAR0_1gXt8EvNrGZTmGIAwbH6t_f504nXRnwqPGy5iND6CQCPTfJiliTASss

PENSACOLA, Fla. - A U.S. official says the Saudi student who fatally shot three people at a Florida naval base had hosted a dinner party the night before to watch videos of mass shootings.

The official was briefed by federal investigators and spoke on condition of anonymity. He says authorities tell him one Saudi student was recording outside the building while the shooting took place.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

This is becoming more and more bizarre. 

Oh.. and something else I don't understand. How come the Saudi was tackled by Sherrifs Department officers ? Isn't the airbase controlled by Military Police ??? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh.. and something else I don't understand. How come the Saudi was tackled by Sherrifs Department officers ? Isn't the airbase controlled by Military Police ??? 

They must have called in the Sheriff's Dept to assist. The base would be under the control of the MPs and a Naval base would be guarded by Marines, but the military and civilian law enforcement have always usually had a good rapport with each other. 

• Like 1

"I want to ban immigration from Muslim countries, except the country that keeps producing terrorists that actually attack us".

*Another Saudi terrorist attacks the US*

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aztek said:

that was not stupid, they were never in danger, they were making  motivational video for  their cause.   

kinda strange, SA is our ally, we have no troops there, they don't really have anything to be mad at us for.  yet most 911 terrorists were saudis, so are these guys, not iranians who supposed to hate our guts, no iraqis, syrians, lebanese, afganies,... or other countries we bomb, have troops in. our "friends" do more damage than enemies, maybe it is time we become friends with others

Maybe because it's harder for the others to get in to the country?

I had heard on the radio the students chosen are vetted in their own countries before coming here. I think they should be re-vetted by us before being accepted into the program. Extreme vetting should be the norm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

They were talking about this on the radio. These bases are huge, this one has an airport on it it's so big. You uave to drive from one end to another. Guns are kept locked in certain locations. At the time of the takedown there were both navy police and sheriffs deputies on site. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

"I want to ban immigration from Muslim countries, except the country that keeps producing terrorists that actually attack us".

*Another Saudi terrorist attacks the US*

I'm having a hard time regarding this as a terrorist attack ? 

11 minutes ago, skliss said:

Maybe because it's harder for the others to get in to the country?

I had heard on the radio the students chosen are vetted in their own countries before coming here. I think they should be re-vetted by us before being accepted into the program. Extreme vetting should be the norm.

Meh.... a dedicated Jihadist from Saudi would easily be able to pass a vetting exam. How do you vet for religious extremism ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Meh.... a dedicated Jihadist from Saudi would easily be able to pass a vetting exam. How do you vet for religious extremism ? 

It would be hard...again, what I listen to is chat radio, regular people discussing all kinds of stuff. It was suggested that we shouldn't just look at the person but the persons connections, family, friends...are those people radicalized,  etc. They were saying that these programs have been going on for decades without any sort of problem. I hope they gain some kind of information from the other Saudi students and they be held accountable for whatever part they played.

• Like 2

This says 10 Saudi students are being held on base and several are unaccounted for. I've heard as many as 10 are missing. Where are they? 

https://www.fox29.com/news/official-naval-shooter-hosted-dinner-party-to-watch-mass-shooting-videos-before-fatal-attack

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

If it quacks like a duck...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

If it quacks like a duck...

Except that it isn't quacking. 

This sounds like one person snapping, to me, rather than some "terrorist" event. 

11 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Except that it isn't quacking. 

This sounds like one person snapping, to me, rather than some "terrorist" event. 

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

14 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Not officially.  Reports say that the shooter watched videos of other mass shootings prior to this event.  A couple of his countrymen who were also in training were said to have observed and videoed his actions.  There needs to be a full investigation and the rest of the Saudis that are there need to be vetted and removed if they aren't squeaky clean.  He posted hateful messages about America being "evil".  I assume it's the same kind of stuff we see here daily from the same few.  The difference is that THIS guy was given access to training that only the best of the best Americans can hope to achieve.  These guys literally fly their trainers over my house nearly every day.  There's an outlying strip a few miles from my home and Pensacola is less than 45 minutes away.  

ALL Saudis need to be re-evaluated and if ANY BLEMISH or social media post is suspicious they need to be sent packing asap.  Those who videoed or even just observed need to be arrested and investigated thoroughly.

14 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

I'm certain that he wasn't officially issued a firearm.  You can pick one up for cash in any major city.  Hell, he might have even brought it with him from home.  Many of these young guys are members of the Royal family and get benefits others would not receive.  Keep in mind that there are thousands of "Princes" in the house of Saud.