Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shooting at NAS Pensacola

Vorg

11 hours ago, susieice said:

This says 10 Saudi students are being held on base and several are unaccounted for. I've heard as many as 10 are missing. Where are they? 

https://www.fox29.com/news/official-naval-shooter-hosted-dinner-party-to-watch-mass-shooting-videos-before-fatal-attack

If they know what's best for their safety, they'd better be lying low.  People around here are damned angry.

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Not officially.  Reports say that the shooter watched videos of other mass shootings prior to this event.  A couple of his countrymen who were also in training were said to have observed and videoed his actions.  There needs to be a full investigation and the rest of the Saudis that are there need to be vetted and removed if they aren't squeaky clean.  He posted hateful messages about America being "evil".  I assume it's the same kind of stuff we see here daily from the same few.  The difference is that THIS guy was given access to training that only the best of the best Americans can hope to achieve.  These guys literally fly their trainers over my house nearly every day.  There's an outlying strip a few miles from my home and Pensacola is less than 45 minutes away.  

ALL Saudis need to be re-evaluated and if ANY BLEMISH or social media post is suspicious they need to be sent packing asap.  Those who videoed or even just observed need to be arrested and investigated thoroughly.

Arresting people for observing an event ? 

Now that IS harsh, @and then

33 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

It does seem suspect that they are filming an event whereas they might be shot as well, unless they had known beforehand he wasn't going to target them. It seems as though they had foreknowledge.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

It does seem suspect that they are filming an event whereas they might be shot as well, unless they had known beforehand he wasn't going to target them. It seems as though they had foreknowledge.

Hmm... weeeeeell... I'd hold of on THAT until all the facts are in ? 

A minor side-issue, but it reveals lots about the BBC. 

Their report on this event - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50692597 - featured three links after the first two paragraphs.... 

• What do US Democrats want to do about guns?
  • America's gun culture in charts
  • Four dates that explain the US gun debate

Looks like the BBC has made its mind up on the subtext of this story ! Curiously, non of these links discuss foreign military staff, or deaths in the USA by foreigners. 

How strange ! :P

• Like 1

because this anti gun talk has nothing to do with actual safety,  but every crime with guns is politicised to their advantage.  their agenda is to disarm population,

5 hours ago, aztek said:

because this anti gun talk has nothing to do with actual safety,  but every crime with guns is politicised to their advantage.  their agenda is to disarm population,

You wouldn't make that comment if it was one of your family members. You would want answers like every other grieving family member or friend of those who lost their lives. This isn't the place or time for your political agenda. Your a sad individual!:no:

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

A minor side-issue, but it reveals lots about the BBC. 

Their report on this event - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50692597 - featured three links after the first two paragraphs.... 

• What do US Democrats want to do about guns?
  • America's gun culture in charts
  • Four dates that explain the US gun debate

Looks like the BBC has made its mind up on the subtext of this story ! Curiously, non of these links discuss foreign military staff, or deaths in the USA by foreigners. 

How strange ! :P

Edited by Manwon Lender

On 12/8/2019 at 2:05 AM, aztek said:

that was not stupid, they were never in danger, they were making  motivational video for  their cause.   

kinda strange, SA is our ally, we have no troops there, they don't really have anything to be mad at us for.  yet most 911 terrorists were saudis, so are these guys, not iranians who supposed to hate our guts, no iraqis, syrians, lebanese, afganies,... or other countries we bomb, have troops in. our "friends" do more damage than enemies, maybe it is time we become friends with others

Saudi Arabia is our Allie? there the number two sponsor of Global Terrorism.  But it makes sense that Trump would call them an Allie.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 2:29 AM, and then said:

That's the point.  You'll SLEEP your way through problems until they bite you in the ass.  THEN you'll resort to the tried and true for children - blame others.

That's exactly what Humpty Trumpty has been doing through his entire term, blaming others. Hell you should support it, that way you can keep your pee shooter 22 revolver.

22 hours ago, skliss said:

Maybe because it's harder for the others to get in to the country?

I had heard on the radio the students chosen are vetted in their own countries before coming here. I think they should be re-vetted by us before being accepted into the program. Extreme vetting should be the norm.

I trained with foreign military personnel in the US  back in the 80s. They were from Turkey and they were decent people. But the vetting process is far from perfect as this event shows It clearly. Something else must be done, like holding other Governments accountable and breaking ties when **** like this happens.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

You wouldn't make that comment if it was one of your family members. You would want answers like every other grieving family member or friend of those who lost their lives. This isn't the place or time for your political agenda. Your a sad individual!:no:

2 of my friends were shot and killed, and the only thing that could have saved them are guns in their hands, so shut the front door you annoying I know it all better. type of person,

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2019 at 4:01 AM, RoofGardener said:

This is becoming more and more bizarre. 

Oh.. and something else I don't understand. How come the Saudi was tackled by Sherrifs Department officers ? Isn't the airbase controlled by Military Police ??? 

That's a great question.

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

2 of my friends were shot and killed, and the only thing that could have saved them are guns in their hands, so shut the front door you annoying I know it all better. type of person,

You know it all that's the real problem, or you comments would have sympathised with the loss of life instead of promoting your political agenda. As far as Annoying thats how your name is spelled, and I am certain you know it all better. Whatever that means?;)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, and then said:

If they know what's best for their safety, they'd better be lying low.  People around here are damned angry.

Are you going to lead the charge you arm chair Neocon or make more threats neither will solve this situation or bring back the dead. 

Just cant stop can you.

9 minutes ago, susieice said:

I'd be cautious about this one, @susieice. The police have not confirmed that the twitter account in question actually belonged to Mohammed Alshamrani. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2019 at 2:17 AM, RoofGardener said:

Arrested for sitting in their vehicles and taking video of the event.  YES they should be arrested and deposed under oath.

https://6abc.com/saudi-pilot-used-gun-loophole-to-buy-murder-weapon-fbi/5745148/?fbclid=IwAR0p-QV3JkkPKjNYEoGD1x4GLhoywwhQgne1W3oqGrLBtFMVZlcYbBisG0M

The Saudi military pilot who killed three people in a rampage at a Florida air base while in the United States for flight training obtained the gun he used by taking advantage of a federal gun law exception that allows foreign nationals to legally purchase weapons for hunting, authorities said on Tuesday.

• Thanks 1

Technically speaking, the perpetrator was "hunting" no difference from any robber, serial killer rapist or hired assassin 

~

Edited by third_eye
Addendum
  • Like 1

Heard today that there is a temporary no-fly restriction on Saudis.  They can still go to class.  Amazing part was that there were 175 associated with PAS and two other bases.  There are apparently about 850 Saudis training across the US at this time.  I sure didn't know it was that many.

• Like 1

Wow. I wonder why a no-fly restriction has been put on them.