Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Banana duct-taped to wall sells for $120,000

Still Waters

That's just downright stupid. But my guess is the buyers aren't for real (or part of some scam) and that this is just the artist's way of getting publicity and/or undeserved cash. Wait. Did I just call him an artist? I take that part of my statement back.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

"Some people have more dollars than sense" - My Dad...

Although i suppose the buyer (if not a scam as Kittens are Jerks suggested) could "donate" the "art piece" (to the city dump no doubt) and claim a tax deduction...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Maurizio Cattelan an artist!  He did the gold effect toilet and other silly pieces. As long as there are fools out there with more money than taste,  then these so called artists will  bung anything together.

Here is my piece of art,  please do not all rush to buy it as I only have the one and I do not want you all to over fill my email box with orders.

weird+food.JPG

Priced at £1.245.72p. BARGAIN.

I can do one which is haunted for an extra £2750, 89p.

Oooo! I love how you captured the essence of the struggles of the poor Mongolian banana slug and it's tragic plight over the deforestation of the local Ice Cream parlor!  I simply MUST have this masterpiece!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Taun said:

Oooo! I love how you captured the essence of the struggles of the poor Mongolian banana slug and it's tragic plight over the deforestation of the local Ice Cream parlor!  I simply MUST have this masterpiece!

So good to see you have understood my statement from this piece.

I am trying to also raise awareness of the dangers facing the extinction of the onions as I am.hoping people realise they are missing here. The poor poor onions,  it brings tears to my eyes.

• Haha 4

I do believe l have a few billion dollars hanging from my banana trees, all I need is duct tape 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The clear proof that there are 1) 0 intelligence ppl. with money that you pay them taxes to compensate 2) money laundry 

• Thanks 2

That's just stupid who ever heard of such a thing grey duct tape,blue yes but grey ugh tut tut tut.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

someone ate the banana 
is it art or is it now a banana peel ?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-man-eats-art-basel-banana

Remember the banana duct-taped to a wall and labeled “art” that sold for $120,000? On Saturday, a New York man walked up to the art installation and ate the banana.

The banana art, titled "Comedian," was the work of Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan. It's a part of Emmanuel Perrotin’s outer gallery wall at Art Basel in Miami Beach. The piece sold for $120,000 to a French art collector.

Around 1:45 p.m. in front of a convention center full of art lovers, New York-based performance artist David Datuna ate the banana, gallery representatives told the Miami Herald.

He called it "Hungry Artist."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ozfactor said:

someone ate the banana 

Good. I do not like seeing food going to waste.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Good. I do not like seeing food going to waste.

Wait till you see the next performance of what the banana finally ends up as... 

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, third_eye said:

Wait till you see the next performance of what the banana finally ends up as... 

~

We got a thread about the excess toilet flushing already.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, freetoroam said:

We got a thread about the excess toilet flushing already.

Well ya ain't seen a $120,000 pile of poo poo

:D

~

• Haha 2

Pft! I don't even like bananas all that much. 

However, a big basket of fried shrimp..now that's another story.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 9:35 AM, Matt221 said:

That's just stupid who ever heard of such a thing grey duct tape,blue yes but grey ugh tut tut tut.

I have always know it to be the traditional grey, Tony (sticky), Harris always used grey on his 'guests'. 

I like how "friendly" the duct tapes look like today 

s-l300.jpg

• Like 1