Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pyramid-shaped asteroid to fly past Earth

UM-Bot

4 hours ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

How do they know the shape? 

Two possibilities that I know of. Either stellar occultation (observing the asteroid pass in front of a star. If observations are made from enough locations on earth the shape of the asteroid can be deduced).

Alternatively radar.

Where are the photos? 

There are none.

What is NASA hiding this time?

The same thing they always hide... nothing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Waspie_Dwarf, we know this. You don't have to comment on every post that deals in cosmos related topics. You also worded that really weird, please be more specific.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brassboy86 said:

Waspie_Dwarf, we know this. You don't have to comment on every post that deals in cosmos related topics. You also worded that really weird, please be more specific.

I will comment on what I want, when I want and how I want thank you. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Not everyone 'know this' stuff. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Waspie_Dwarf, we know this.

At least one of the posters in this thread didnt. Who exactly is "we"?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Brassboy86 said:

Since you know this may I please ask why you need me to be more specific?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/9/2019 at 9:21 PM, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Since you know this may I please ask why you need me to be more specific?

Well, I reckon it's your throwaway statement: "The same thing they always hide... nothing."  So they ARE hiding things! and ALWAYS!  And just because it may be 'nothing' at the moment who's to say what 'it' might lead to?

Let's look at some precedents: when electricity was invented people couldn't see any real use for it: everyone was happy with their gas lighting and heating.  Then there's Edison: "The phonograph has no commercial value at all."  How about Dick Rowe on the Beatles: "Guitar bands are on their way out."  Remember Sir William Preece?  "Americans have need of the telephone but we do not.  We have plenty of messenger boys."

All this goes to prove some people are very bad judges of what is and isn't important.  So I call upon NASA to release every 'nothing' they are keeping secret so we can all scrutinise it.  There is so much suffering in this world - e.g. if I use my toaster twice in quick succession the second batch always burns because the machine is still hot from before.  No matter how fast I react and scrape the black into the sink it still sets off the smoke alarm.  Why has nobody invented a smoke detector that anticipates this scenario and responds accordingly?  Forget about global warming and Brexit - sort out the toasting crisis!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Well, I reckon it's your throwaway statement: "The same thing they always hide... nothing."  So they ARE hiding things! and ALWAYS!  And just because it may be 'nothing' at the moment who's to say what 'it' might lead to?

Let's look at some precedents: when electricity was invented people couldn't see any real use for it: everyone was happy with their gas lighting and heating.  Then there's Edison: "The phonograph has no commercial value at all."  How about Dick Rowe on the Beatles: "Guitar bands are on their way out."  Remember Sir William Preece?  "Americans have need of the telephone but we do not.  We have plenty of messenger boys."

All this goes to prove some people are very bad judges of what is and isn't important.  So I call upon NASA to release every 'nothing' they are keeping secret so we can all scrutinise it.  There is so much suffering in this world - e.g. if I use my toaster twice in quick succession the second batch always burns because the machine is still hot from before.  No matter how fast I react and scrape the black into the sink it still sets off the smoke alarm.  Why has nobody invented a smoke detector that anticipates this scenario and responds accordingly?  Forget about global warming and Brexit - sort out the toasting crisis!

What part of the word "nothing" are you failing to understand?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

What part of the word "nothing" are you failing to understand?

I think the " N"  " O " parts:)

not me I do understand :nw:

Edited by S I N
clarifications

On 12/8/2019 at 3:47 AM, UM-Bot said:

A large space rock the approximate size and shape of the Great Pyramid of Giza is set for a close encounter.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/332774/large-pyramid-shaped-asteroid-to-fly-past-earth

I knew it, Stargate was not just a movie, its Apophis he is sick and tired of the Christian Zionists on earth. They are coming to take President Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, Secratery of State Mike Pompey and the Relgious Advisors that advise the President .

This is some scary stuff , I hope that's all they take.:w00t:

On 12/7/2019 at 7:15 PM, S I N said:

Hide the stargate!

One of the pyramids fell off the flat earth.:tu:

I do wonder how these asteroids form exactly. Maybe multiple collisions did it? No idea.

• Like 1