Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Just saying "Howdy" from th SE US.

Ain'tGottaClue

Hi AintGottaClue :st welcome to your new home.

Edited by The Eternal Flame
  • Like 6

Welcome to UM, AGC.  (Great username! :tu:)

This website is populated by many skeptics who may challenge you on your beliefs, but don't let it worry you.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Ain'tGottaClue said:

For example, the written language of the Mic Mac Indians very closely resembles the hieroglyphics of Egypt circa the 3rd Century BC. 

Nope, It was invented by missionaries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miꞌkmaq_hieroglyphic_writing#History

19 minutes ago, Ain'tGottaClue said:

How/where did they get that unless there was contact?  Dr. Barry Fell's books, to me, raise any number of valid questions about North American history from, oh, around 4,000 BC to the 1st Century AD.  This is the type of thing I prefer to research.....things that have a verified, documented history, yet present valid questions regarding what is being taught in our school's/colleges today.  Perhaps I can learn a few things from this Forum.

Barry Fell is clueless and the "Columbian Exchange" negates any heavy contact prior to 1492 and we most certainly weren't in contact with the Egyptians.

http://www.badarchaeology.com/controversies/barry-fell/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Fell#Epigraphy

http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/alternative-archaeology-and-ethnic-pride

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Learn something new every day...thanks for the references.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi there "Clue". Lots of us Southern sorts around so hang out and stay awhile. The sweet iced tea ain't too bad here, either.

Welcome to UM.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Welcome to UM AGC. :st Grab some of that sweet iced tea and pull up a chair. Have fun in the forums!

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Hiya Alfred, long time no see, still what you no worry? 

~

• Like 7

Howdy Ain'tGottaClue. :st Welcome to UM. This is a very fun and interesting place to come to. See you around the forums!

• Like 6

Thanks for the welcome, folks.  Believe I'll just "lurk" for a few days and gt the feel of things  Seems like a pretty goof Forum with a lot of well read people on board (and probably a lot brighter than I am!!).  :mellow:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Just goof with the well read and read well before the goof... 

~

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Welcome! 

• Like 4

Welcome enjoy your time here!.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ain’t Got a Clue, you should check out the two silver crosses at the Tucson Historical Museum. I’ve seen them personally. Scott Wolter believes in them. The crosses suggest contact between the Romans and Native Americans.

13 hours ago, AZStarwatcher said:

Ain’t Got a Clue, you should check out the two silver crosses at the Tucson Historical Museum. I’ve seen them personally. Scott Wolter believes in them. The crosses suggest contact between the Romans and Native Americans.

The crosses signify conquest of the natives by the Holy Roman Empire.  There are 3 crosses on a hill outside of Las Cruces, New Mexico.  They signify that the priest killed natives and then converted the ones who survived.