Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi: U.S. can't survive 2 terms of Trump

and-then

Just now, susieice said:

Thanks but no concern here, I get there twice a year. If things get bad you just move to another area.

Thanks for your concern.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joc said:

You seem to think I give a damn about what the rest of the world thinks about America...WE DON'T!! God save the Queen!

And yet, here you are, getting all shouty. Also, I’m a Australian Republican, I’ve no care for Big Bet and her brood of reprobates and paedophiles. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joc said:

Oh! i didn't know that..I could have sworn Reagan was the first, followed by Both Bushes!

First one I remember the media actively taking the p*** out of was Billy Boy. Although a thinly veiled Nixon expy was the villain in a 70s Captain America comic.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Speaking as someone who lives in a country with an actually useless catch phrase sprouting plank of wood as Prime Minister, Trump has turned America into a laughing stock. Trump opens his mouth and pure WTF gushes forth. 
The wheels of governance have ground to a halt under Trump, not entirely his fault but certsinly someone who can play the game of politics could get things down.

I reiterate - did The leaders of NATO nations ever make jokes openly at the expense of Bush or Clinton? Yuo csn’t blame the Dems for that. 

Yet half of America will vote for him AGAIN. Care to make a guess why they'd do it?  Sure it's a slow pitch across the plate for the unibrows here but I know you AREN'T one of those.  If you'd guess it's because all 63 million of us are (insert epithet) then you'd be simple minded in the extreme.  He's popular precisely because he doesn't give a damn what the rest of the world thinks.  The "leaders" that scoffed and laughed don't move against him because as much as they hate him, they understand the power he wields and they cannot AFFORD to pizz him off too much.  If they could, they'd have gone off on him long before now.  Laughing behind his back like schoolgirls is the best they can manage. 

If you think America is a laughing stock then laugh.  No skin off anyone's nose here.  We're doing better than we ever have economically and that, despite an open, dedicated assault by all of the media here and abroad.  You'll just have to pardon those of us who think it funny that we are supposed to worry about what people in Oz or the UK or Russia or China think about our choice for president. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Americans are impolite, arrogant pricks when they have no right.

That's a mighty big brush you're swinging there, Piney.  As to having a right... we don't CARE whether we do or not.  This country isn't perfect but it damned sure isn't worse than those moldering, inbred systems in Europe.  Real brave lot they are, eh?  Even letting their women folk be abused by the "immigrants" their government has welcomed in.  Champion whoever you want, doesn't make them any better than the least American.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Ok I am sorry I apologise to all the real ladies on this forum.

Sincerly

Oh lord...I could have sooo much fun with you, daring to call anyone a real lady, according to SJW's.  :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, and then said:

That's a mighty big brush you're swinging there, Piney.  As to having a right... we don't CARE whether we do or not.  This country isn't perfect but it damned sure isn't worse than those moldering, inbred systems in Europe.  Real brave lot they are, eh?  Even letting their women folk be abused by the "immigrants" their government has welcomed in.  Champion whoever you want, doesn't make them any better than the least American.

Piney is right on target, you are also. Because in your fashion you will pick a small comment that makes someone look bad when taken out of context. You don't even know what being an American means, your rule of thumb is it my way or Sedition, that's not the American way.

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Oh lord...I could have sooo much fun with you, daring to call anyone a real lady, according to SJW's.  :D

Thanks for not doing so, I appreciate your kindness. We all step in it sometimes, but with my comment I need hip waders.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, and then said:

Yet half of America will vote for him AGAIN. Care to make a guess why they'd do it?  Sure it's a slow pitch across the plate for the unibrows here but I know you AREN'T one of those.

It’s because the system (yours, mine - ****ing everyone’s) is so fundamentally disconnected from the polis that the parties only promote the people whose goal is to best serve the party, and not the people. It’s ****ing Orwellian (check out Smith’s speech about how the party’s goal is always and ever power for the party). 

so who is there for us to vote for? John Jackson or Jack Johnson. Who has the personal power and influence to stand up and be counted on par with The Party?
Someone rich and powerful enough with a desire to knock over the system. So that’s who we’re left with, the only chance of possibly breaking the Two Party System in America or Australia or Britain is to vote tactically for a destroyer and to hope that when things go, you’re in the crowd jeering rather than up against the wall being jeered.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Speaking as someone who lives in a country with an actually useless catch phrase sprouting plank of wood as Prime Minister, Trump has turned America into a laughing stock. ......

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Trump has turned America into a Laughing Stock, Trump speaks and the World Laughs......

I can't speak for the entire world. However, in the UK, I don't believe that people ARE laughing at Trump. Nor do I believe that he has somehow damaged the USA's international reputation. 

If the reputation of the USA has been damaged, it is by the 'progressives' and their weird "*****-hat screaming at the sky" anti-Trump antics Then there was the HUGE build-up to the Meuller report, which fell flat. And now there is this impeachment. Run by the man who swore blind to the media that he had PERSONALLY seen evidence of massive criminal activity by the President. Hardly a neutral arbiter. 

I think most people in the UK are actually sympathetic to President Trump, and regard the activities of the Democratic Party with bafflement. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Speaking as someone who lives in a country with an actually useless catch phrase sprouting plank of wood as Prime Minister, Trump has turned America into a laughing stock. Trump opens his mouth and pure WTF gushes forth. 
The wheels of governance have ground to a halt under Trump, not entirely his fault but certsinly someone who can play the game of politics could get things down.

I reiterate - did The leaders of NATO nations ever make jokes openly at the expense of Bush or Clinton? Yuo csn’t blame the Dems for that.

The whole emotional roller coaster about Trump is a manufactured state of affairs....
Executed by the MSM (the one or two exceptions prove the rule).... under instruction
and working in collusion with groups who don't like a maverick President like Trump
who (like him or hate him) is his own man and not anyone's puppet... the Political Elite
is a closed group who do not welcome intruders crashing their party... they have the
money and the contacts to MANAGE PERCEPTION ....

re the bolded...

this is a good example.... of the Media managing perception...
it turns out that there was an edited clip  -  the main meat being Trudeau talking about 
a press conference and although no names were used in the clip he appeared to be
talking about Trump in an amused way and the others were just stood there...

it wasn't leaders of NATO nations openly making jokes about Trump.... it was a 'stolen
video' (as Macron, who was angry about it's release, put it)  that was taken at a more or
less private reception at Buckingham Palace.... then someone conveniently passed it on
to the World's Media.... 

who then spread it around the planet to manage perception and make it look like NATO leaders
were making jokes about Trump....

so now a myth has been born that NATO leaders stood around openly making jokes about Trump
and this will be used for ever more to trash him... and that was the intention of the people who
1. took and edited the short clip
2. gave it to the Media
3. reproduced the edited clip and wrote articles about it

a retraction will never be made and so it is now part of the Fairy Story of the Big Bad President....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bee said:

it wasn't leaders of NATO nations openly making jokes about Trump.... it was a 'stolen
video' (as Macron, who was angry about it's release, put it)  that was taken at a more or
less private reception at Buckingham Palace.... then someone conveniently passed it on
to the World's Media.... 

Just a minor correction, @bee. My understanding was that it was an AUDIO clip, not a video clip ? The proverbial "roving microphone" ? 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Just a minor correction, @bee. My understanding was that it was an AUDIO clip, not a video clip ? The proverbial "roving microphone" ? 

Don't know if there was anything else but I think I'm right in saying that the basis of the whole
little Hit Piece was a short edited video clip... I've seen it and there's a thread about it here on
the forum... 

No need for a 2nd term, mission accomplished already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Trump has turned America into a Laughing Stock, Trump speaks and the World Laughs. What has he done from a military stand point? Appease a fat little dictator, who writes him beautiful letters, attack an airbase with millions in Crusie Missiles after he told the Russians in advance in Syria the attack was coming and when, and puts his head up Putins bum every chance he gets. Last but not least the Ukraine where he uses leverage to get information on a political rival, well we can say this he was the first President caught doing so. This dude is a train wreck destroying America from within, by using factions to confront factions, our country is so racially charged it may soon explode thanks to Humpty Trumpty. He has destroyed our relationships with our old allies, and made no new allies it appears he wants America to stand alone.

re bolded.....

It is Trump's enemies in collusion with the MSM around the world who has turned America
into a Laughing Stock...... (if indeed it's true to say that America actually IS a laughing stock...)

and you call him Humpty Trumpty so you are adding to it...

re what he has done from a military standpoint...

He has worked to neutralize North Korea as a potentially nuclear attacker (albeit a hypothetical one
because there was no way they would ever get a nuclear weapon into US air space or even get it off
the ground..? )

he was CONNED briefly by his military advisers after the fake Chemical Attack in Syria... to frame Assad..
and put in a position where he had to DO SOMETHING ..... so he did something but something that while
being all dramatic didn't do TOO much damage and didn't create a further build up of dangerous
tension with Russia...

Although at the time he went on about 'beautiful babies' and 'Animal Assad'.... I hope he has since learned
that he was played like a fiddle over that... and will be more careful in future... 

and Ukraine.... he was trying to investigate the origins of the Russia collusion hoax and in fear of
being found out of serious corruption in recent past in Ukraine the Democrats and CIA / Brennan and
cohorts made a mountain out of a mole hill and are trying to impeach him over it.... as part of protecting
themselves but also as electioneering for 2020...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, joc said:

It is not my fault if the rest of the civilized Western World has bought into the Media Narrative. 

exactly..... I honestly believe that many many people do not realize how deeply they are being manipulated
by the MSM Narrative..... the '''news''' is micro and macro managed to penetrate and persuade.. and play
on emotions that trigger primitive responses....

:hmm:

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, bee said:

Don't know if there was anything else but I think I'm right in saying that the basis of the whole
little Hit Piece was a short edited video clip... I've seen it and there's a thread about it here on
the forum... 

Ooooh right.. thanks for that @bee

I have to say that I think Nancy Pelosi is losing it. To state that "the USA can't survive 2 terms of Trump" is just utterly ridiculous, even by the standards of the current degraded political discourse regarding President Trump. To call it hyperbole is to just hint at the utterly ridicoulosity of her statement. 

Hmm... is there such a word as "ridiculousity" ? If not, I think there SHOULD be ! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

yeah.... this was me when I saw the trouble @Manwon Lender could have got himself into....:innocent:

FW_fainting-victorian-lady

pic

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Ooooh right.. thanks for that @bee

I have to say that I think Nancy Pelosi is losing it. To state that "the USA can't survive 2 terms of Trump" is just utterly ridiculous, even by the standards of the current degraded political discourse regarding President Trump. To call it hyperbole is to just hint at the utterly ridicoulosity of her statement. 

Hmm... is there such a word as "ridiculousity" ? If not, I think there SHOULD be ! 

If Trump isn't convicted by the Senate then it really won't be. He'll effectively have the power of a king.

I mean, Jesus, they're not even pretending Ukraine was about corruption anymore. Giuliani is in Ukraine right now talking to Russian assets and Trump is claiming that he'll return with evidence on Biden.

That's the exact ****ing thing he's being Impeached for!

So, no, giving Trump free reign to do whatever he wants and then electing him for another four years really could be as disastrous as people are making out. The only blessing here is that he's in his 70s and not his 40s or 50s.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, toast said:

No need for a 2nd term, mission accomplished already.

*Laughs in Putin*

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

I can't speak for the entire world. However, in the UK, I don't believe that people ARE laughing at Trump. Nor do I believe that he has somehow damaged the USA's international reputation. 

Well, both of those statements are demonstrably false.

Line graph. 26% of Britons approved of U.S. leadership in 2018 -- one of the lowest ratings in the past decade.

He has around the same approval rating around the World as Russia, and 3% less than China, both of which are brutal authoritarian regimes.

Yeah, I'd say if they weren't laughing they'd be crying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

If Trump isn't convicted by the Senate then it really won't be. He'll effectively have the power of a king.

Jesus, MORE hyperbole. 

If Trump isn't convicted by the Senate, he'll have the power of... a US President, which was what the people elected him to be. 

As for the graphs.. most interesting.. thanks for that @ExpandMyMind. However, please note that the Gallup graph you posted is over five months old. (and that was the date it was PUBLISHED, not the date that the data was gathered). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Jesus, MORE hyperbole. 

If Trump isn't convicted by the Senate, he'll have the power of... a US President, which was what the people elected him to be. 

As for the graphs.. most interesting.. thanks for that @ExpandMyMind. However, please note that the Gallup graph you posted is over five months old. (and that was the date it was PUBLISHED, not the date that the data was gathered). 

Look at previous polls. The numbers have basically been static since 2018. I suspect that they've probably actually went down some after Ukraine.

If a President isn't held accountable for abusing the power of his office then he's a dictator; a monarch; an emperor. That's the whole point of the impeachment process. Trump has undeniably abused the power of his office with Ukraine. To deny this is to deny reality.

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Look at previous polls. The numbers have basically been static since 2018. I suspect that they've probably actually went down some after Ukraine.

If a President isn't held accountable for abusing the power of his office then he's a dictator; a monarch; an emperor. That's the whole point of the impeachment process. Trump has undeniably abused the power of his office with Ukraine. To deny this is to deny reality.

Complete hyperbole and hysteria. 

What was his alleged crime ? Asking a foreign leader to investigate corruption of a senior US Politician ? 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

the weird thing about all this is that the very people who were jumping up and down and opposing
the Iraq war and Bush and Blair and protesting in their millions on the streets of Europe... are now the
ones who are going full hate on Trump.... who is less of a warmonger than the last few Presidents ....
(AND they are the ones generally supporting the Bureaucratic Dictatorship that is the EU...)

:wacko: